[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

YouTube: Journey from lvl 205 from 250 in Pensalir

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I'll say I'm mildly interested, mainly because I'm running a NW with Pensalir (have enough money for CRA set, but stubbornly saying I won't get until I can solo CRA bosses without, xd, let's see how long I last; been like that way back before NW even could reach 200).
    Going to check out your channel, but here's some thoughts:
    1. I know you say "Pensalir set" but what other equips? (Standard: superior gollux, tyrant, etc?)
    2. Looks like you're mainly doing bossing videos. Haven't looked at each one closely, but wouldn't they just be like normal boss runs that take a bit more time? Doesn't really seem like an attention getter, imo.
    3. Maybe an interesting idea would be instead of just pure Pensalir, you work your way up from Pensalir to better armor from solo-boss drops instead of buying
    [Example: Pensalir -> Empress Set -> SW -> CRA (or whatever the order is)]
    4. Or the other option is see how good of potentials you can get from mob drops without cubing (but again, that'd nerf damage a lot).
    Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Reactions: 1,375
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    YinYangX wrote: »
    I'll say I'm mildly interested, mainly because I'm running a NW with Pensalir (have enough money for CRA set, but stubbornly saying I won't get until I can solo CRA bosses without, xd, let's see how long I last; been like that way back before NW even could reach 200).
    Going to check out your channel, but here's some thoughts:
    1. I know you say "Pensalir set" but what other equips? (Standard: superior gollux, tyrant, etc?)
    2. Looks like you're mainly doing bossing videos. Haven't looked at each one closely, but wouldn't they just be like normal boss runs that take a bit more time? Doesn't really seem like an attention getter, imo.
    3. Maybe an interesting idea would be instead of just pure Pensalir, you work your way up from Pensalir to better armor from solo-boss drops instead of buying
    [Example: Pensalir -> Empress Set -> SW -> CRA (or whatever the order is)]
    4. Or the other option is see how good of potentials you can get from mob drops without cubing (but again, that'd nerf damage a lot).

1.)I only equipped the Pensalir set and boss drops. Currently: full Pensalir set, chaos HT pendant, dea sidus ear rings, power crystal, mystic eye face, silver blossom ring, Ifia's noble ring, synergy ring (from override event), kanna's ring, hayato's shoulder, ayame's belt, gold adventurer emblem (lvl 100), and I switch between the shinsoo school badge and the golden badge from Shanghai (lvl 120). Each of these are lvl 140 or less and have Epic potential or lower with the exception of my weapons ( dagger and katara ) which are currently Unique potential.
    Aside from the Pensalir set, I will only use items that are lvl 140 or less and are boss drops or items gained from boss related quests or major events (like the school badge) with the exception of the golden badge players can get at Shanghai.
    I do a lot of crafting too so, eventually, the stats on my useable equips will change. But not before I focus on "wasting cubes" on items I have in inventory that I am not using before reaching my goal of Lvl 250 in pensalir.
    2.)Aside from boss runs, since I even began to bore myself, I decided to do some side grinding and events to keep appeal. Maybe start/attempt speed runs. But, mostly, I want the essence of maple story to come across to viewers from a thief build perspective, especially in the starter lvl 140+ equips.
    3 and 4.) I really like your 3rd and 4th bullet. It sounds interesting so I may make another character for it ( I already said in the first video that Thoner will only use Pensalir or worse). My question is, for the new character, would you all want to see it from lvl 10 onward, lvl 1 onward, or from lvl 140-50 onward?

Anyway. I love seeing replies. Just note that many of my videos are premade since I want to provide constant footage through the year and, in my friends organization, I am doing almost all the videos atm so it is that much more necessary that I do something each week to encourage views, subscribers, etc.
    However, YinYangX, I greatly value your feedback and response and the next video I make I will try your 4th bullet by grinding using Thoner. For your 3rd bullet, and 4th since it would be fun to watch, I will make a second "Thoner" and do gear development on him. Thank you again for your awesome ideas and your comment.

Sincerely,

Thoner
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    So here's my take on your videos (after watching the ones up to CHT). Take it how you will (or don't take it at all, xd). Most of what I'm going to say is going to be negative stuff, not saying I could do better, just saying what I felt as a viewer watching the videos.

1. Lag, not sure if it was the game or your internet, but trying to do gaming videos with lag is rarely a good idea.
    2. Video titles. Episode 8 says "Crafter" but you did no crafting. It should have been something like "Miner" or "Farmer/Grinder" (killing mobs).
    3. Video lengths. Episode 2 = 40 min, Episode 8 = 8 mins, way too varied.
    4. Randomly flashing stats ui in the middle of video for reason (especially if viewer can notice stats change and has to pause and rewind to see it).
    5. Interaction with other players. Cringed at when other people were talking and it broke up what you were typing, when buddy said no to partying for Arcane, when you started talking to the buddy in Sleepywood for what seemed like no reason to viewers, and when you ended that one video after trying to trade an afk player in Kerning.
    6. Bossing order. You did the bosses at random order instead of like progression of difficulty or something, which makes little sense to me. You take 20 some minutes on PB and then run through like 4 bosses in half the time in the next episode. I mean like if you just defeated the harder boss, what's thrill/excitement does the viewers get /challenge with Pensalir of fighting an easier boss.
    7. Typing. *cringe* Maybe I'm just a fast typer or it's the lag, but the time you took to type some stuff was boring/painful, especially since you went and clicked with the mouse instead of using the enter key shortcut.
    8. Along with type time, typing content was semi-annoying (anything and almost everything). It was like you were just saying whatever random thought came into your head. While it might seem normal for people who might know you, as someone who doesn't personally know you, it was kind of off putting for me, especially on that one part where you almost got killed in the Arcane video.
    9. Game knowledge. Your PB and Pierre boss runs makes it painfully obvious that you don't fully know what you're doing.
    a.Missed the Chaos Marble the first time you tried to get in. Don't understand how to get around Huigin's (left bird statue) DR.
    b. Pierre only heals if you have the same hat as he does, doesn't matter if it's blue or purple {you can double check on your video at 19:23 when he has blue hat and
    you hit him, no regen, but at 20:41 he regens cause you both have the same hat.
    c. Looked like you got semi-lost in Gollux Maze {went down instead of up}.
    d. You said you can't do anything about the Arcane force you already have, showing that you don't know about how you can unequip them.
    e. Scrolling the wrong way on quest list and using up more time.
    f. Not sure if it was lag, but when you tried to drop that recipe in Ranmaru and failed (pretty sure you just didn't drag it out to the drop range).
    10. Planning and editing, or the lack there of. Last video, you literally had 2 mins of the screen just frozen. I know you already said the videos are "premade" but from the viewer's pov (or at least mine), it literally just looked like all you did was click "Record" and "Stop Record" at what ever random points you felt like it with very minimal plans on how and where the video should go and no care about how the end product would look like.

Welp, that's my take on your "Journey" so far. Read it, ignore it, debate it, I don't really mind.
    Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    YinYangX wrote: »
    So here's my take on your videos (after watching the ones up to CHT). Take it how you will (or don't take it at all, xd). Most of what I'm going to say is going to be negative stuff, not saying I could do better, just saying what I felt as a viewer watching the videos.

1. Lag, not sure if it was the game or your internet, but trying to do gaming videos with lag is rarely a good idea.
    2. Video titles. Episode 8 says "Crafter" but you did no crafting. It should have been something like "Miner" or "Farmer/Grinder" (killing mobs).
    3. Video lengths. Episode 2 = 40 min, Episode 8 = 8 mins, way too varied.
    4. Randomly flashing stats ui in the middle of video for reason (especially if viewer can notice stats change and has to pause and rewind to see it).
    5. Interaction with other players. Cringed at when other people were talking and it broke up what you were typing, when buddy said no to partying for Arcane, when you started talking to the buddy in Sleepywood for what seemed like no reason to viewers, and when you ended that one video after trying to trade an afk player in Kerning.
    6. Bossing order. You did the bosses at random order instead of like progression of difficulty or something, which makes little sense to me. You take 20 some minutes on PB and then run through like 4 bosses in half the time in the next episode. I mean like if you just defeated the harder boss, what's thrill/excitement does the viewers get /challenge with Pensalir of fighting an easier boss.
    7. Typing. *cringe* Maybe I'm just a fast typer or it's the lag, but the time you took to type some stuff was boring/painful, especially since you went and clicked with the mouse instead of using the enter key shortcut.
    8. Along with type time, typing content was semi-annoying (anything and almost everything). It was like you were just saying whatever random thought came into your head. While it might seem normal for people who might know you, as someone who doesn't personally know you, it was kind of off putting for me, especially on that one part where you almost got killed in the Arcane video.
    9. Game knowledge. Your PB and Pierre boss runs makes it painfully obvious that you don't fully know what you're doing.
    a.Missed the Chaos Marble the first time you tried to get in. Don't understand how to get around Huigin's (left bird statue) DR.
    b. Pierre only heals if you have the same hat as he does, doesn't matter if it's blue or purple {you can double check on your video at 19:23 when he has blue hat and
    you hit him, no regen, but at 20:41 he regens cause you both have the same hat.
    c. Looked like you got semi-lost in Gollux Maze {went down instead of up}.
    d. You said you can't do anything about the Arcane force you already have, showing that you don't know about how you can unequip them.
    e. Scrolling the wrong way on quest list and using up more time.
    f. Not sure if it was lag, but when you tried to drop that recipe in Ranmaru and failed (pretty sure you just didn't drag it out to the drop range).
    10. Planning and editing, or the lack there of. Last video, you literally had 2 mins of the screen just frozen. I know you already said the videos are "premade" but from the viewer's pov (or at least mine), it literally just looked like all you did was click "Record" and "Stop Record" at what ever random points you felt like it with very minimal plans on how and where the video should go and no care about how the end product would look like.

Welp, that's my take on your "Journey" so far. Read it, ignore it, debate it, I don't really mind.

Hello YinYangX,

Sorry to hear that your experience thus far was so below par. Below I have a set of explanations, including changes that have occurred or will occur as soon as possible. All of your points were good ones. I cannot debate any of them, so I accepted them as changes to be made (or at least attempted).

1.) I am currently using a processor with 2.3Ghz. That is 0.1Ghz less than the minimum requirement. In addition, I started having a new problem where I am disconnected in ~3 minutes every time I log on (leading to a week of no video making thus far...). Unfortunately, I have a load of videos already made so I can only change what I have yet to make. However, if I can get monetized eventually, any funding I get from these videos will go solely to improved equipment and lag will be a thing of the past.
    2.) The title of Episode 8, I can see why it is misleading. What I intended to show was how crafting starts, namely by gathering materials. I will change the title to more accurately show what the character is doing. Further, I will be more cautious about such things in the future.
    3.) I can see why too much variation in video length is not a good move. In fact, with the exception of 4 or so other videos already made, I started trying to keep them at ~20 minutes. It may still happen occasionally, due to a long boss or tech errors on my end, but I am aiming for more consistent times for the videos.
    4.) I will stop showing stats entirely, or maybe periodically show any changes to the characters stats, equips, and any other relevant information.
    5.) Some of the videos, as I was making them, I cringed from how I interact with characters periodically in videos. I will leave it of camera as often as possible. *If I can help it, entirely.* Just please understand that I already made many videos in advance so I have 2 or 3 with many side conversations.
    6.) You made a good point. I did not consider the thrill of a build up... accept as I was making episode 1...
    7.) Yeah. I type slower than average. I took a typing test with a friend of mine and he was in the top 10% while I was in the lower end of the bell curve ( top 50-60% ). In 10 days, I will have a mic so at least the text issue may vanish entirely, or at least mostly.
    8.) Unfortunately, give or take, I do say whatever comes to mind a lot of times. Going to try to be careful about that, or say a lot less, which ever is easiest.
    9.) I am still relatively new to Maple Story. I have only started the game almost 2 years ago and I understand that I still have a lot to learn. That is what makes a game interesting but it may not be interesting to watch someone figure out something along the way. All I can do is explain your sub-bullets.
    a.) Well, interestingly enough, that was my first solo fight with Pink Bean, and my 3rd Pink Bean attempt ever. I had no idea what to expect so I sort of went with the only knowledge I have of basic boss fights, (like what damage reflect looks like, etc.). *Also never knew there was a way around DR.
    b.) I rarely fought Pierre so I missed that entirely... glad I know this now.
    c.) As far as the Gollux maze goes... I was tempted to mine/dig items... so I was searching for items along the way. (An example of your #10...).
    d.) Yeah. I had only recently gained Arcane power so I did not think it was unequipable.
    e.) When I first saw this I had to ask myself "When could this have happened?". Then I remembered that, since I was still new to Arcane river, I had no idea where the quests would be located. I can understand the frustration with this issue as I took up minutes from this one instance... (there may be others that I am currently unaware of...)
    f.) What I did was actually intentional... though a smarter move would have been to turn off my pet. I wanted to avoid picking up an item and I realized that after I was about to drop the alchemy recipe.
    10.) When I made that particular video I lagged out and, when I lagged out, the icon I control while recording disappeared and I did not know the shortcut keys at the time. (Now I know that I just need the same combination of keys as I would to start recording). The last part that froze in Episode 11 was deleted.

I greatly appreciate the amount of time you spent writing this comment. It shows me that you really enjoy the game. I will address as many of these as possible. Unless technical issues occurred, I already took care of #10 and #2 ( Episode 8: Thoner the Miner/Digger). Any new videos that I make from now on will have a more centralized direction. Thank you again for your insight, time, and new information, especially about Pierre. I never knew that it was based on hat color change...

Also, if your Night Walker is in Zenith, do you want to be in a party for my next Arcane River visit? I really want to express my appreciation somehow. This is the only way I could think of. At the very least, I would love to meet you in game off video. Hope to hear from you.

Sincerely,

Thoner
  • TachikawaHiyokoTachikawaHiyoko
    Reactions: 1,290
    edited September 2017
    I don't particularly like Dual Blades, but I will definitely check your videos out! :D It sounds interesting, considering I'm someone who's also aiming to get to level 250 with only what monsters drop. :) Good luck!
    Thoner
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2017
    this sounds utterly abusive but very intriguing.
    Thoner
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    *Not going to quote the whole reply to save length:

Dw about it, and semi-sorry for the harshness (especially about the typing, which I will admit I went overboard). It wasn't as bad as I semi-made it out to be. I just have the bad tendency to sound a lot more mean than I mean to be.

3. Good to hear about the trying to aim for a consistent length. Mainly pointed this out because once (or if) you start to get more subscribers/viewers, if video lengths vary too much, even if they come out weekly, viewers would be a bit dissatisfied, especially if they wait a week and then only see a short 8 min vid. (Elsewise, on the other end, if it's too long, viewers might have planned to watch in one sitting but then have to split or spend more time if it's too long.)
    [On that note, not sure if you're doing much editting but if you end up with a boss run/something that's taking too long, you could try running the recording at x2 speed or something to reduce the overall video length]
    4. That would be nice. Or you could start each video with any changes, kind of like an intro. It really stood out when you had +200k for like the first 4/5 episodes, but then in one you dropped to like 170k or something and I had idea why/how that happened.
    a.*To clarify, Huigin only procs DR if you stand in a certain range....which unfortunately, I don't think DB has many skills which can reach it. Basically, if you go anywhere completely past the marble on the left Wiseman's base, Huigin will try to proc DR. That's why if you can, you're suppose to hit it from there or stand there and repeatedly jump back and forth from hitting it.
    f. The other thing I semi-noticed is you're doing boss runs with full invent. Have you tried moving stuff to a mule character using the storage system? You can store your recipes on another character and then free up invent on the character you're running bosses on.

Happy to semi-help, and again, sorry for the meanish-harsh tone, glad you looked past it and focused on what you can improve. *golf clap* =)

Unfortunately, I'm only on Scania. Maybe I'll visit Zenith one day and let you know ahead of time! =L
    Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Hey YinYangX,

No problem. I love hearing from others about my videos in general.

3.) That will come in handy for the Pink Bean battles and CHT battles ( assuming CHT does not end it early XD ). I also plan on hard core grinding every few episodes so that can be a long hour or so, going at x2 speed would save me from having to randomly stop, say some closing statements, and start a new video.
    4.) I really should let viewers know what I did off camera. Off camera, I managed to make a Unique CRA katara after using 1 MORE CRAFTSMAN's CUBE... (you will know why those words are in caps in the next few videos or so). Then there were a few other things, but I will definitely spend a minute or 2 explaining new things off camera.
    9.)
    a.) That would explain a lot... however, thanks to the new info. you gave me, I have a sweet idea on how to deal with Huigin which you will see in my 5th Pink Bean fight (unfortunately, 2 more Pink Bean fights, Pink Bean Solo's Part 3 and 4, have been made with me not knowing that thanks to the dual blades general fighting technique of up close and personal XD).
    f.) I actually have a few characters that I unintentionally made mules. I have 9 other characters that sort of act as mules. XD
    *But I never though to move recipes. I normally needed to worry more about my Equip tap.*

I hope that I do get to see you in Zenith some time. Until then, I hope I can see more of your comments. :)

Sincerely,

Thoner
    YinYangX
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Hello YinYangX,

Just wanted to thank you again for your info on Huigin. If it was not for one part of the fight where I got a little too sure of myself, I would have had my fastest run with 0 deaths. That could make for a good 6th attempt. Unfortunately, I made it with out a mic (I will have the mic Sept. 13th). But I look forward to you seeing it. :D

Thank you again.

Sincerely,

Thoner
    YinYangX
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    HELLO ALL! :D

Awesome news. Not the next episode to be posted, but the next Episode I am about to make will be a successful leveling from Lvl 205 to Lvl 206 (remember, I have a back log of several videos). Also, that episode will be the first time I am able to use a mic (no more typing). So, we are almost at 1 level down, 44 to go. I like those odds.

However, now I need some help from you guys. I want to know what you think of what you have seen so far. You, as my main audience, are who I want to have excited by another 2:30 PM Pacific Time on every Saturday (when my videos should be up). If not for you, the maple community, I would never have considered even making the 'Journey from Lvl 205 to Lvl 250 in Pensalir' series. In fact, before Lvl 205 ( and I was still doing this mostly btw) I did not even know anyone would find what I was doing as impressive, interesting, or even difficult. I was just playing Maple Story the only way I know how, for the fun of it. Now I am doing this series because I think if a good number of Maplers (according to my first post, 600+) were willing to even view my comment, you must have had interest in the idea.

But, as I began to make the videos, I do not even get 1/5 of the 600. So, with this in mind, I want to know what you all were expecting ( I do not feel I met your expectations). That is why, even more than subscribers, I greatly value the Maplers, like @DarkPassenger, @YinYangX, @AlexF, and @bumbertyr who give me feedback on what I am doing. I also want to thank flippedoutcookie, iMax, and Lisa for leaving comments in the videos. Thanks to their comments, I have a better idea of what you all expect from me ( or at least want from me ). I take all of the comments very seriously and I do my best to meet your expectations. With that, here is the plan for the video I plan to make tomorrow and what my current status is:

Current Status:
    1.) Got better boss drops so some of them will be used.
    2.) Potential on Pensalir hat has been raised and +1 star to Pensalir hat, Pensalir shoes, Noble Ifia's ring, and Dea Sidus earrings as of yesterday
    3.) Said boss drop will be enhanced since first obtained.
    4.) Progress from Lvl 205 to Lvl 206: 92.5%.

The Plan for the end level Boss run:

Normal Zakum -> Easy Magnus -> Normal Hilla (x2?) -> RA (Root Abyss) -> Mori Ranmaru -> Normal Horntail -> Normal Von Leon -> Easy Arkarium -> (lowest level Gollux?) -> Pink Bean -> ( If I have not leveled up by then, choose 1 of the following as an end level solo: Normal Magnus, Chaos Horntail, Easy Cygness ). I currently have ~7.5% more level progress before I am level 206.

I attached a poll for you all to vote and I will check before 2:00pm tomorrow and then, I will boss for... about 2 hours?

Like if you are looking forward to, or at least interested in seeing this come to fruition. Mark Insightful if you are wondering why I am still doing this ( I can make a video about that later).

Do not worry about the length of the video, I will make You Tube adjustments so that the video goes from normal pacing to x4 speed if it is that long of a video. If I get at least 100 likes on this post, ( or 20 more subscribers ) or some comparable exchange ( 12 subscribers and 40 likes on this post or 4 subscribers and 80 likes on this post). Also, if 5 members of Nexon ( including Nexon Administrators like Arwoo) like this post, then I will have a mini game during the live stream where one lucky mapler will win 3 master craftsmans cubes (I will do loads of mining for them in a video so you can track my progress).

Well, here is the poll. I look forward to seeing your posts tomorrow at about 2:00pm. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Thoner

• ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Hello all,

If you have seen my resent posts on Google Plus on the ST Clan channel, you likely already know my technical issues Saturday morning into afternoon that prevented me from posting the videos on time. I want to inform you that, though the issue has not been resolved, I found a way around my problem to the best of my knowledge. The video should be available at 5:00pm tonight (Pacific Time). Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    [Important Update on Thoner's Journey from Lvl 205 to Lvl 250 in Pensalir]

Hello all,

It finally happened. Thoner reached Lvl 205 to Lvl 206 in only Pensalir Gear and boss drops as the main gear. In addition, Thoner finally, successfully soloed Chaos Horntail which he never achieved before. The video is the longest, unfortunately, is I was being as cautious as possible to ensure Thoner Leveled up successfully this time. Now, Thoner has only 45 Levels to go before the end of his Pensalir Journey. Thank you all for watching his videos to this point. Also remember I do accept requests. Please let me know what you want to see Thoner do, if I have never done it before, I could have loads of fun trying new stuff so please let me know.

Sincerely,

Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    44*
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Hello All,

I am thinking making major strides in video improvement. Some elements I have implemented in later videos, like audio and content considerations. If I missed anything, any changes you could think of, post them after quoting THIS COMMENT. :D (Thank you for your interest).
  • MisterPENGUINMisterPENGUIN
    Reactions: 2,075
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Thoner wrote: »
    Hello All,

I am thinking making major strides in video improvement. Some elements I have implemented in later videos, like audio and content considerations. If I missed anything, any changes you could think of, post them after quoting THIS COMMENT. :D (Thank you for your interest).

Dude. It's been almost a whole YEAR. You have only gained 1 single level in 43 Episode's. How are you going to make video's on getting to 250 when you have only gained a level? I'm not hating im just giving feedback~
    Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Hello All,

Dude. It's been almost a whole YEAR. You have only gained 1 single level in 43 Episode's. How are you going to make video's on getting to 250 when you have only gained a level? I'm not hating im just giving feedback~

You made a good point. The only thing I can say that vouches for myself would be that my rate of leveling up increased at one point. Just last Monday, I gained 5% progress towards leveling (after a death was factored in...). It is still slow, but much faster than before. I have made my new objective to get at least 5% toward leveling progress on each video, at least for the time being. I am going off of what seems possible atm. Thank you for bringing this concern to my attention.
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Hello All,

@MisterPENGUIN

Thank you for your thoughtful comment earlier. It served as a reminder to me of what the main goal this journey was about; the goal to reach lvl 250 in this. I increase my focus considerably the past 3 days and I am about to reach lvl 207; I am less than 10%. However, I am sad to say that I entered into a party and forgot to tell someone that I was doing a pensalir only run and I noticed they had at least 1 piece of CRA armor. I have made a poll in Off-Topic Discussion so that I can receive the opinions of other Maplers on whether I should receive a penalty of some kind or if I should just keep going. But, nonetheless, Lvl 207 is now within reach. Thank you for your motivational feedback.

Sincerely,

Thoner
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    I think that's too much restriction, only being in a party with people using pensalir, I mean if you want to challenge yourself, at least make it so the people aren't over powered, cause even having CRA gear wont be enough for CRA, shouldn't be an issue if your party has the gear.
    Thoner
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Now, you can 22-Star your Pensalir (so that should make things easier for you)
    good luck on this project man, it's really not easy.
    YinYangXThoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Hello All,

Thank you for all of the comments made lately. I do enjoy going through them and getting feedback, insight, and more. I am, at least in speculation, 2 videos away from leveling up. However, we all know I am still positing videos of what I did last summer; it is the reason I made a post in the off-topic section of this forum regarding daily postings until August 24th (I am still going to track that post until August first).
    Anyway, because I want everyone to be current with what is going on now, I was considering trying to use twitch while playing when I level up to Lvl 207. But, once again, I may try to finish of the level with a boss that I may or may not be able to handle. Please check the options below and quote this comment to give me your picks, your picks do not need to match my listed options but any boss over Lvl 180 and Chaos Zak. will not be accepted since those bosses are nearly uneffected by my attacks, it is like taking on the tutorial boss in Dark Souls with a broken straight sword...:

Cygnus on easy mode (She wrecked me before...)
    Normal Magnus ( I have like, no confidence with this...)
    Hard Hilla (No... my attacks do almost nothing.)
    Chaos Horntail (Sure... fine...)
    Chaos Pink Bean (I have never been, but Normal Pink Bean Takes a while so I have low confidence...)
    Normal Pink Bean (Use it to go for the win; screw the struggle!)
    Normal Arkarium (The last time I did this; his health bar continued to recover faster than my damage output... plz no)
    Grind for it (Sure. But why?)

Comments accepted until Saturday, if no response is made, I will just chose Normal Pink Bean for the closing of the level and Chaos Horntail for the opening of Lvl 207. Thank you for your interest in this journey.

Sincerely,

Thoner
    (On Twitch: ThonerDualBlade )