[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Do maintenances BETWEEN rare 1 day events

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

It was a hack, not an exploit. There was no way to unintentionally abuse it.

Ah, my bad. Didn't hear that it was hack, all I heard was people said people were exploiting Vaga and getting a ton of exp and mesoes. And in the ~12some hrs this threads been up, first time someone mentioned "hack" over people exploiting a bug/glitch. But good to know that people who were just trying to do event weren't actually affected.
  • ZerpZerp
    Reactions: 390
    edited August 2018
    Dtx wrote: »
    There's no better compensation for our community than banning those hackers :)

Was that sarcasm? I mean I'm sure a few people got banned, but I don't think I will be able to notice the difference anywhere in game.

Guild wars 2 found a good approach to this: make the game free to TRY (you don't get to whisper unless whispered to first, can't use any wide reaching chats or trade, until you buy the game). If their hack detection mechanisms work even a little then running bots would turn more expensive.