[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unable to cast Iaijutsu Phantom Blade if Airborne

KittenCoalitionKittenCoalition
Reactions: 1,720
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug Type : Functionality, Skill-Related

Brief bug summary : Hayato's 5th job skill 'Iaijutsu Phantom Blade' is normally a skill that can be used both when on the ground and while airborne. However, after the most recent maintenance (October 4th, 2018) ; patch (v.199), it is now only castable while the player is on the ground.

More details : Additionally, the skill's 'red' player layer when using Iaijutsu becomes visible and persists after using the level 170 hyper skill 'Falcon's Honor'. It appears on the uppermost sprite layer.

Steps to reproduce :
1. Jump, or achieve an airborne status.
2. Attempt to cast Iaijutsu Phantom Blade.

Character Name : Åkarin

Character Level : 226

Character Job : Hayato

World Name : Bera

Date and time of the incident : Thursday October 4th, 2018 (4:01 PM, Eastern Standard Time ; 1:01 PM Pacific Standard Time).
KirigiCheoleomechtheft

Comments

• KirigiKirigi
    Reactions: 310
    edited October 2018
    Thank you KittenCoalition, for posting this. You beat me to it and saved me some typing. XD

'Iaijutsu Phantom Blade' is a very crucial 5th job mobbing skill and it being bugged really disrupts how well we can attack monsters while moving around a map!
    KittenCoalition
  • DacarloverDacarlover
    Reactions: 510
    edited October 2018
    Good to know it's not just me who's experiencing this!
  • NihilisticClownNihilisticClown
    Reactions: 470
    edited October 2018
    I was coming here to report the same thing. This change greatly reduces hayato's farming capabilities by crippling their vertical reach. I very much hope this is unintended and can be fixed.
  • HakuzenHakuzen
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2018
    Bug type:
    Skill, functionality

Brief bug summary:
    Since the new patch, I've been unable to use Iaijutsu Phantom Blade midair where before I was able to. Simple as that. Iaijutsu Phantom Blade is a 5th job Hayato skill.

Character name:
    Hazen

Character level:

Character job:
    Hayato

World name:
    Windia

Date and time of the incident:
    After the latest patch went live.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited October 2018
    Hey Guys!

Just letting you all know I'm looking into this sudden change to the Iaijutsu skill.

Thanks for the report!
    KirigiNihilisticClownKittenCoalitionNewWingCheoleomechtheft