[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Quality of Life] Standardize Upward jumps.

FuhreakFuhreak
Reactions: 7,440
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Some classes use double tap up to use an upward double jump. (Beast Tamer, Explorer Archers)
While others use hold up + jump to use an upward double jump. (Cygnus, Ark, Mercedes' Rope Climb)
Those are the examples I quickly gathered, but there are probably more.

My suggestion is to standardize the jump to either one of the two methods, or both.
This allows players to switch between classes with an upward jump without having to learn a secondary method of jumping upward.

Edit: This should also apply to downward moves.
Ark uses Hold + Jump to float down, while marksman uses double tap to fast fall down. These things should be standardized as well.
Achnolognia
  1. Which method would you prefer?9 votes
    1. Hold Up + Jump
       67% (6 votes)
    2. Double Tap Up
       22% (2 votes)
    3. Both
       11% (1 vote)

Comments

• HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited November 2018
    I'd prefer Configurable to your preference.
    Its a bit more work, but I think its worth it.
    SlicedTime
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    HousePet wrote: »
    I'd prefer Configurable to your preference.
    Its a bit more work, but I think its worth it.

Configurable how? If you mean choosing between either method, wouldn't it be easier to just enable both and call it a day?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2018
    up jump is more reliable
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited November 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Configurable how? If you mean choosing between either method, wouldn't it be easier to just enable both and call it a day?
    That potentially works too. But you need to be careful about forcing non-disableable controls on people.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited November 2018
    I personally find Up Arrow + Jump easier since double tapping feels harder than a 2 key combination.
    Fuhreak
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    ↑+jump.

Latency/packet loss + trying to enter portal = vertical jump is super annoying.
    PirateIzzyFuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2023
    Sorry for the necropost but this issue has still not been addressed.

With the release of the teaser for NEWAGE and several other quality of life updates, it baffles me that archers are still stuck with an inferior up jump.
    Nexon should be striving for more consistency across the board, while they are potentially thinking about revamping or adjusting all classes (This is assumed based on preview page for NEWAGE) they should consider fixing some of the weird quirks that some classes have.
    A standard for issues like this is needed especially as we move forward. Will the next archer use the double tap method or will it use hold + jump?

Nexon, please get us out of this easy to fix hole before you dig further into it.