[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

changed forum name

Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
Reactions: 1,285
edited October 2016 in Rants and Raves
wow just wow.....
i just don't understand how a word i made up during beta OVER 10 YEARS AGO
is deemed inapporaite all of a sudden its been my identity since day 1 beta
it was the 3rd ign i created and is my main till this day
99% of my 150 chars all have that ign in the name
[ i say 150 beacuase i have more than 1 acc 1 account for everytime that i was hacked]
its literally who i am you have stripped me of my identity and my virtual clothes
to change my char / forum name now would be like cheating on your tied up wife IN FRONT OF HER
im the pimp of pie Pimppi to me its just some word i made up
the one that stuck and that i named all my characters
to me it has no hidden meanings or anything
its simply how my mom would pronounce pimp pie
if you go to WEBSTERS ENGLISH dictionary and try to find pimppi
OR ANY ENGLISH DICTIONARY FOR THAT MATTER [ not wiki < insert trollface>]
what do you get? we are playing this game in english right?
i just dont get how all of a sudden its deemed inappopriate
if thats inapporiate should we start changing japanese words as well? im sure we all know someone with that too
how can i help it if people in some other country on a different continent use it now as slang
i didnt make this name RECENTLY, intentionally because it had some special hidden meaning
im vietnamese not like that matters i live in canada
now lets go into this abit feather there's only 1 mention of it anywhere
and it says in the description "Not considered obscene or vulgar"
im thinking like what a doctor would say to a teenager or child during an examination
ive had gms on my account to test things check it out and never had any problems
so how is it inappropriate of a sudden? is it my fault that we merged with euro bringing along with it their slang?
all i do is help people on forums look at where i post how much spam do i spam?
these people i help usually come find me ingame to kick it or to ask for tips
alot of times add me to bl for additional tips and tricks ect
i just dont know how all of a sudden its deemed inapporiate ive been using that name for years
  1. what do you think?6 votes
    1. yes change him back? [it wasnt his fault we merged with eroupe and its not concidered vulgar]
       67% (4 votes)
    2. no keep him as is
       33% (2 votes)

Comments

• NiightseekerNiightseeker
    Reactions: 2,040
    edited October 2016
    "pimp" isn't slang
    Sweetheart123
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    You got it backwards. This isn't because of "European slang."
    The dictionary definition of the word has to do with, ahem, adult activities.
    The slang meaning, of showy or flashy, is innocent.

Although we do have "pimp stick" "pimp chalice" and "pimp chair" in the game (according to the Owl of Minerva, anyway), so it's a bit hypocritical of Nexon to suddenly decide the word is inappropriate.
    Sweetheart123LilyflowerJettLuvsU
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Although we do have "pimp stick" "pimp chalice" and "pimp chair" in the game (according to the Owl of Minerva, anyway), so it's a bit hypocritical of Nexon to suddenly decide the word is inappropriate.
    I remember seeing a person who had Pimp Chalice in-game. I own a Pimp Stick that was obtained through the Maplehood Event. The Pimp Chair was in a Cash Shop Update under Gachapon.

But blacklisting the word and forcing a name-change? That's pretty hypocritical.

Next thing you know my IGN gets blacklisted for not being "child-friendly" even though it can have multiple meanings. How much deeper will the censorship go until it's deemed ridiculous? Who remembers Showa Town when it was originally released with altered mob frames?

Especially the fact of this type of censorship does more harm than good, but that's a entirely different discussion which at the moment is pretty controversial.
    Sweetheart123JettLuvsU