[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Add cash item that restores an item trace!

TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
Reactions: 2,320
edited March 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Would very much like to see a cash item added to the store that restores an item trace back into the original item, that it was before it boomed.

Currently extremely expensive/rare base items, make it very difficult to 22* mainly due to the fact the replacement item cost is either too expensive/rare or both.

I suggest there be a 25k nx(price easily be adjusted) item that restores an item trace back in to the original item it was before it boomed. This would allow for mistakes such as booming your badge(currently irreplaceable) or say a breath of divinity(extremely rare and expensive) to be more manageable to star force with out the anxiety.

Nexon this could potentially be a HUGE cash cow, So if any CM's or company officer's are listening? It might be worth a shot, even if it turns out to be a limited returning release item that visits the cash shop a few times a year similar to double miracle time that comes and goes as a reoccurring event, would be so appreciated by the community. Thx in advance if you took the time to read my request!

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    That smells an awful lot like pay-to-win. Good luck convincing anyone this isn't a steaming pile.

Why, with the amount of disdain people have for pay-to-win facets of the game, would you suggest something like this? You know how the majority of players feel about pay-to-win, there's an entire server dedicated to its absence.
    SlicedTimeFuhreak
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Interesting concept. I don't think they'd ever sell something like this directly. Might be ok as a marvel item.

The value would have a huge range depending on what item you're restoring. Example BoD vs CRA equip.

=====================

If anything they're more likely to consider the TMS system that allows you to safeguard items all the way to 22 stars. I believe it costs maple points for the higher stars.

Not really for or against any of this.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Interesting concept. I don't think they'd ever sell something like this directly. Might be ok as a marvel item.

The value would have a huge range depending on what item you're restoring. Example BoD vs CRA equip.

=====================

If anything they're more likely to consider the TMS system that allows you to safeguard items all the way to 22 stars. I believe it costs maple points for the higher stars.

Not really for or against any of this.

I'm wholly against it on the basis that allowing people to pay to circumvent something like destroying items through upgrade failures is an incredibly unwise road to travel down. You can argue that whales can or will pay their way around any roadblocks in their path, but there's no money-paved route around starforce beyond the ability to replace destroyed items relatively faster.
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    This sounds a lot like my Universal Equip Trace Receiver I made last year. Making them available for NX is way too obvious. I'd make them also available in Event Shops that would cost about the same as high-end event items such as the Pivotal Adventure Ring and the Sylph Ring that are coming back soon.
    NumbNinjaTerrorStreak