[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

No more Ginger Ale???!!!

MawgMawg
Reactions: 1,350
edited March 2019 in General Chat
Did I miss something?

I just went back to New Leaf City to buy a few thousand Ginger Ale (recover 75% of HP and MP), and I can't see the merchant :-(

Am I just missing something? If not, is there anywhere else that I can get % MP?

Not single quests.I buy a few thousand at a time

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Merchant Miki is still in New Leaf City, on the platform above the NLC Mall.

I also recommend getting a Jr. Boogie familiar, which heals 15% MP every 10 seconds.
    InvulgoMawg
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    AKradian wrote: »

I also recommend getting a Jr. Boogie familiar, which heals 15% MP every 10 seconds.

To add to this, once you get into doing bosses on a regular basis, you'll start getting power elixirs. They're just like ginger ale, except they heal 100% instead of 75%. While I won't suggest dumpstering all of your potions as soon as you get 30 power elixirs from a boss, you shouldn't throw them out or sell them.
    Mawg
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited March 2019

You could also get the Mutant Snail familiar later on that also heals hp every few seconds.
    Mawg
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »

You could also get the Mutant Snail familiar later on that also heals hp every few seconds.

OP plays a mage, he'd have better use of the jr boogie familiar for the time being. Added benefit of it being significantly easier to get one of those than a mutant snail.
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    HuskyDM wrote: »

OP plays a mage, he'd have better use of the jr boogie familiar for the time being. Added benefit of it being significantly easier to get one of those than a mutant snail.

As an explorer mage, I can say that most of my potion usage is because of MP, not HP.
    Infinity recovers HP slowly anyway. So long as I have MP I'm probably fine on HP.
    Mawg
  • MawgMawg
    Reactions: 1,350
    edited March 2019
    Merchant Miki is still in New Leaf City, on the platform above the NLC Mall..
    Lolx. I must have missed her. I only there every 6 months or so, to mega load up on ales.
    Actually, since I am I/L mage, I just realized that I am financially better off buying mana bull (2,800 meos) which recovers 60% MP, rather than ginger ale which recovers 75% of both HP & MP (3,800 mesos)

Thankx a 1,000,000 for that !!! F2

I was not aware of familiars. A quick search seems to indicate that I need to hunt the actual monster itself, collect 3 (familiar?) cards, then double click in the codex to activate. And that I need to renew every 30 days. Is that correct? There is also a lot of contradictory advice.

Thanks once gain for your help

• AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2019
    Mawg wrote: »

I was not aware of familiars. A quick search seems to indicate that I need to hunt the actual monster itself, collect 3 (familiar?) cards, then double click in the codex to activate. And that I need to renew every 30 days. Is that correct? There is also a lot of contradictory advice.

They're in one of the maps between six path crossway and perion. You kill them until they drop their familiar card, which shouldn't take long because they're an incredibly common drop. If you don't already have it out, I'd advise strongly that you check your key settings for one labeled as "monster book" and throw that on a key somewhere you'll remember it. Once you have a familiar, you open your monster book and there will be a tab on the left labeled "familiars". Any you've actually obtained will be in there.

That being said, familiars have orbs over them which can, for simplicity's sake, be considered their active duration. I believe each orb equates to roughly 30 minutes of active time(someone please correct me on this). Now, when you first get, and summon, a familiar, it'll have one orb over its head. You can expand this to a maximum of three(for every familiar) orbs, and there will be a visual indication of this on the familiar part of your monster book. I'm getting away from myself.

The important takeaway from this is that you should get three jr boogie familiars. They go into your use tab. You do as you would any other use item, double click them, and you'll get a dialog box allowing you a chance to give it a name of your choosing. Name it whatever you want, or leave it named jr boogie if you want, and it will show up in your monster book's familiar tab. There is no "your familiar expired so now you have to go get it again" duration. And the active duration can be refreshed in rather cheese-like ways by changing channels(including going into the cash shop)

TL;DR: in between six path crossway and perion, kill jr boogies, get three familiar cards, use tab, use them, monster book hotkey, set it somewhere, open, familiar tab, boom done, no expiration date on anything
    Mawg
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Mawg wrote: »
    Thankx a 1,000,000 for that !!! F2

You collect the three familiar cards, double-click them in Use inventory to register them in the Codex, and thereafter you can double-click the monster in the Familiars page of the Codex to summon it.

You don't need to renew. Familiars used to expire, a long time ago, but now they are permanent.
    They do run out of vitality after about an hour and disappear for a bit to recover, but if you change channel or dip into cash shop before the familiar's vitality orbs are completely drained, they'll recover instantly.
    Mawg
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited March 2019
    I believe (someone correct me if I am wrong) a familiars duration is in some way linked to how often they attack, in that every time they attack their vitality goes down ever so slightly. Monsters that attack more often will 'drain' their vitality faster than ones who attack less often.

For example, a common familiar to use when meso farming is Leprechaun, Big Spider or Eye of Time. However, the leprechaun will only last about 30min, starting with max vitality, where the spider or eye of time will easily last an hour.

If this is not the case, meaning the familiar's attacking does not play a role in the draining of vitality, I can at least assure you that the orbs do not represent a consistent amount of time across all familiars. The above example is evidence for this.
    Mawg