[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Critique of my Maplestory Merch order...

XenomataXenomata
Reactions: 2,595
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
First off, I'm only speaking from prior experience buying plushies online, mainly through Ebay, Amazon, and PokemonCenter.com.

I bought one of the Slime plushies. These plushies are 10" tall, or 25cm. From the images, I'd say they are about 2 inches thick, maybe? 1.5"? Either way, really not that big. And while it says "super-soft high quality materials", the website doesn't actually list any of them.
The price? $40 USD. Now I'm no stranger to shelling out for a good plush, but when I don't know any of the materials being used to make it, let alone the fact that it's only 10" tall, I was very hesitant to actually buy it, despite really wanting it.

I want to compare to my experience buying plushies from PokemonCenter real quick. I know Nexon and Pokemon Company are completely different companies with different policies, and I shouldn't expect universally accepted Plushie Prices. But there's also the fact that PokemonCenter lists the exact dimensions of the product listed, which were about right save for small differences due to extra parts on the plush, and the materials used to make the plush were listed as well. I want to remind that the page for the ordered Slime Plush listed none of that. I at least know what I'm buying from PokemonCenter.

Another thing, the difference between "fast" shipping and "Expedited" shipping doesn't seem to exist. $12.99 USD for both. Now the cost of shipping for a shirt, the difference exists sure. But for a plush? You don't have any reason to pick anything but Expedited.

Now I only just placed my order, so I can't say for sure if the Slime Plush is worth $40 USD. I'll come back when I do have it and say for sure if this is a good product or a ripoff. I doubt the latter though. Nexon can be pricey, but I've never known them to explicitly rip people off...
  1. What do you think of Nexon's Online Store?3 votes
    1. I think it's great!
       0% (0 votes)
    2. I think it'll get better with time.
       67% (2 votes)
    3. It's not worth anyones time.
       33% (1 vote)
    4. Haven't checked it out yet.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    The plush arrived, so let's continue.
    First off, the dimensions were wrong and made it seem a lot smaller than it actually was. I'd say it is more 12" tall than the listed 10", or a full foot. From left to right, I'd say about 15" or 16". As for thickness, about 4". So the total dimensions came out as 16"x12"x4". Keep in mind I'm not accounting for the stuffing kinda bloating the little guy a bit.
    The material and stuffing, while I cannot identify either (and no I did not tear into my plush just to see the stuffing, I'm not THAT particular), do feel of good quality. And yes it is soft. Very huggable.

Overall, I do now think it is worth the $40 USD that I paid for (maybe slightly less though, but not by much, just a few dollars), but I'm still disappointed that the merch store didn't list any specifics, and in fact the one specific it listed was still wrong. Would I buy more? Yes. But would I still like to know what I'm buying? Very much.
    ...I also think the shipping price could be toned down. Even just a "Buy more than $__ and get free/discounted shipping" would be nice. But $13 usd for shipping. The website says to allow 2-4 weeks for shipping, but there's no option for such a thing when buying, just Fast and Expedited. Not just that, but Fast and Expedited cost the same amount. This I am not pleased about.

Good product, but I do not like the shipping options.
    SlicedTimeFuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    First off, the dimensions were wrong and made it seem a lot smaller than it actually was. I'd say it is more 12" tall than the listed 10", or a full foot. From left to right, I'd say about 15" or 16". As for thickness, about 4". So the total dimensions came out as 16"x12"x4". Keep in mind I'm not accounting for the stuffing kinda bloating the little guy a bit.
    Depending on manufacturing methods, the size is going to be off somewhat. They could also be accounting for some shrink.
    Given the high shipping cost and long shipping wait, I'd say that Nexon is doing this low key in an attempt to make some extra cash.
    This probably increases the chance for the dimensions to be off. As well as other things could possibly go wrong.
    I'd be interested in hearing about if anyone has some not so good experiences with the merc they receive.

More reports overall would be helpful for anyone looking to buy these things.