[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Best server to join as beginner

PowerguyPowerguy
Reactions: 100
in General Chat
Hi I'm new to Maple and I just want to know what's the best server to join and is f2p

Thx

Comments

• Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited October 2019
    Powerguy wrote: »
    Hi I'm new to Maple and I just want to know what's the best server to join and is f2p

Thx

Reboot is where you grind your lifespan into rather than money. So go to reboot if u want f2p
    GenkaiX1
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2019

Thx

If you can handle a seemingly never-ending grind for mesos, then you may find enjoyment in playing on reboot. You can buy many enhancement items(cubes, circulators, potential stamps, etc) for mesos, rather than nx. Keep in mind, though, that the rate of tier-ups is just as awful on reboot as it is on other servers, so the only advantage you'd be gaining is not having to sink actual money into the game to do a large amount of cubing all at once.

Another factor to be aware of with reboot is the lack of trading. There is no market, no player-to-player trades. You can't even transfer equipment through storage. This is the intent of the server, and will not be changed.

If you want to be able to trade, or buy and sell things with other players, you'll want to choose any of the other servers. If you go this route, I'd suggest avoiding bera, it's a laggy hellhole riddled with bots. Try aurora or elysium.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited October 2019
    Reboot if you don't care about having to grind far longer than the normal server and lacking trading. It has a very strong merit system, if you can't get past the bosses or difficult content then you won't see much, but it does allows you to get potentials and stuff for free and its generally active so you can find people to carry you. There is no trading and the game is slightly harder, but still enjoyable.

Normal if you want a smoother experience when grinding for levels. Keep in mind the normal server is a bit more stingy when it comes to getting items for your progression, namely cubes. There is trading in this server though so you can get some endgame equipment without having to do the bosses as long as you are able to get enough mesos to purchase it. This server is also the only one that allows the Zero character. There are more servers of this kind, all with varying degree of activity.
  • GenkaiX1GenkaiX1
    Reactions: 840
    edited October 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Thx

If you can handle a seemingly never-ending grind for mesos, then you may find enjoyment in playing on reboot. You can buy many enhancement items(cubes, circulators, potential stamps, etc) for mesos, rather than nx. Keep in mind, though, that the rate of tier-ups is just as awful on reboot as it is on other servers, so the only advantage you'd be gaining is not having to sink actual money into the game to do a large amount of cubing all at once.

Another factor to be aware of with reboot is the lack of trading. There is no market, no player-to-player trades. You can't even transfer equipment through storage. This is the intent of the server, and will not be changed.

If you want to be able to trade, or buy and sell things with other players, you'll want to choose any of the other servers. If you go this route, I'd suggest avoiding bera, it's a laggy hellhole riddled with bots. Try aurora or elysium.

Still so dumb that you can't exchange items between YOUR OWN characters. *facepalm*

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    GenkaiX1 wrote: »

Still so dumb that you can't exchange items between YOUR OWN characters. *facepalm*

It's the point of the server. As a reboot player since day one, I wouldn't want it with equipment trading on.
    That removes too much of the work. It's already enough of a leg up having legion and trading other items.
    If you want to cheat the system just go get carried like 99% of the server does anyway.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    GenkaiX1 wrote: »

It's the point of the server. As a reboot player since day one, I wouldn't want it with equipment trading on.
    That removes too much of the work. It's already enough of a leg up having legion and trading other items.
    If you want to cheat the system just go get carried like 99% of the server does anyway.

Ought to count himself lucky he can shovel mesos through storage at the very least.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    *semi-shameless plug*
    If you're interested, feel free to join Scania and join my guild. Scania's not the most populated like it once was but there's still handful of active guilds here and there.