[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

So why did nexon ruin evans?

Dark20Dark20
Reactions: 1,060
edited January 2017 in General Chat
Evans used to be the one attacking, now evan and mir skills are seperate and mir skills have cooldowns, which is unecsssary. I miss seeing mir using all the skills evans had before the revamp and how cool it was to see mir breathe fire and ice. Now evans new play style is lame and boring. I feel like the only reason for me to keep my evan is for getting the evan mount for riding on mir and having a dragon follow me around for cosmetic perposes. Why couldn't nexon just leage evans alone? Why revamp everything? This really destroys the whole point of having a dragon type class.

Comments

• NyvorNyvor
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited January 2017
    And that's ur opinion. I actually find "lame" the one button hit classes just like evans was for a long time. I even remember was the favrorite bot class for a time.
    The revamp gives Evans a lot more of dynamics, bonus damage and dps. It makes it more challenging, and provides better control of the entire map. One of the things I like most, is the cooldown part. Cause it gives you more possibilities of attacks and passive damage from Mir, it makes that first jobs attack skills, being constantly important, instead of useless attacks as many Classes has, once they upgrade their jobs. Personally I'd fund Evan if only i'd knew about this revamp before I used so many mesos on my Zero.
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    Nyvor wrote: »
    And that's ur opinion. I actually find "lame" the one button hit classes just like evans was for a long time. I even remember was the favrorite bot class for a time.
    The revamp gives Evans a lot more of dynamics, bonus damage and dps. It makes it more challenging, and provides better control of the entire map. One of the things I like most, is the cooldown part. Cause it gives you more possibilities of attacks and passive damage from Mir, it makes that first jobs attack skills, being constantly important, instead of useless attacks as many Classes has, once they upgrade their jobs. Personally I'd fund Evan if only i'd knew about this revamp before I used so many mesos on my Zero.

Well, I agree that the evan revamp did give it more of a variety in attacking styles, but what I'm saying is that this also got rid of the point of mir attacking every time evan used a skill. I also prefer it if nexon didn't add so many cooldowns to mir's skills, even if they are short cooldowns.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    If there were no cooldowns, people would just spam the strongest skill all the time.
    Nexon, in its infinite wisdom, has decided that this is a Bad Thing, so they try to force as many classes as possible to constantly alternate between skills.

As for giving Evan and Mir separate skills, I think that actually adds to the concept of a partnership between human and dragon.
    Before, Evan seemed like an ordinary kid whose sole power is the ability to communicate with Mir. It also made little sense that the force of Mir's attacks depended on the stats of Evan's wand.
    Now, Evan is a mage in his own right, and his and Mir's power grows together.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    If there were no cooldowns, people would just spam the strongest skill all the time.
    Nexon, in its infinite wisdom, has decided that this is a Bad Thing, so they try to force as many classes as possible to constantly alternate between skills.

As for giving Evan and Mir separate skills, I think that actually adds to the concept of a partnership between human and dragon.
    Before, Evan seemed like an ordinary kid whose sole power is the ability to communicate with Mir. It also made little sense that the force of Mir's attacks depended on the stats of Evan's wand.

Further expanded upon by Grendel commenting, in regards to Evan, that he had a buttload of MP but almost no magic attack.

Honestly it all comes down to a very simple matter. Some people are simply still butt-mad that they can't spam Flame Wheel anymore. And heaven forbid you should have to manage cooldowns, similar to many other games, instead of spamming whatever skill gets you the highest DPS.
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017

I still feel that evans were better pre revamp.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2017
    In terms of raw DPS, Evan jumped from the middle/lower tiers of the charts to the top. They currently hold the 5th highest DPS according to this chart from one month ago (Blaze Wizards hold rank 1 in KMS, but only when firing vertically to maximize the time the fireballs spend on the mobs). It is, however, more of a burst-damage DPS chart rather than a traditional DPM chart. There have also been accusations about chart creators rigging charts to influence how Nexon Korea performs class balances based on user feedback. So take that all with a grain of salt. I do know that Evans are generally considered upper-tier damage regardless of popcorn drama surrounding Korean players.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited January 2017
    @Neospector
    Actually this Chart is from 5months ago, even before Beyond Uptate, so this is a chart to the 5job first uptate itself.
    And Evans are much better in my opinion to boss and train compared to before(also Evan can attack on it own as well).
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    In terms of raw DPS, Evan jumped from the middle/lower tiers of the charts to the top. They currently hold the 5th highest DPS according to this chart from one month ago (Blaze Wizards hold rank 1 in KMS, but only when firing vertically to maximize the time the fireballs spend on the mobs). It is, however, more of a burst-damage DPS chart rather than a traditional DPM chart. There have also been accusations about chart creators rigging charts to influence how Nexon Korea performs class balances based on user feedback. So take that all with a grain of salt. I do know that Evans are generally considered upper-tier damage regardless of popcorn drama surrounding Korean players.

My issue isn't with DPS. My issue is with evan's play style.
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    I just don't like nexon messing with most class's play style. Mechanics lost their laser blast skill in tank mode and the summoning floating bots skill that used to follow wherever you go is now gone.
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    Nexon's really asking for it. Any more sh**t they pull and I'm really gonna leave this time. I Ieft a second time cause they nerfed exp in nlc aliens.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Dark20 wrote: »
    Nexon's really asking for it. Any more sh**t they pull and I'm really gonna leave this time. I Ieft a second time cause they nerfed exp in nlc aliens.

Save yourself the trouble and leave now. They are always "rebalancing" and "revamping" stuff. Some of it is sure to displease you.
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited January 2017
    story stays the same
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    Dark20 wrote: »

Save yourself the trouble and leave now. They are always "rebalancing" and "revamping" stuff. Some of it is sure to displease you.

*sighs at least battle mages are still playable.