[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Going to wait and see what the CM thinks

NeoTokyoDudeNeoTokyoDude
Reactions: 1,240
edited September 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Edit: They ninja changed the rules! I can remake the legacy thread but I believe it would be better to keep expectations low. I have already sent a PM to KThxBaiNao and am hoping to hear back from him soon.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    You didn't take the time to read anything about the new forums before posting this, did you?
    You didn't see we are allowed to make polls now.
    And you didn't see the Old Maple rule is still in effect.
    bumbertyrSpectralRyderJen0vaCoreLilyflower
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

You didn't take the time to read anything about the new forums before posting this, did you?
    not reading and ignoring rules/comments does appear to be his specialty
    SpectralRyder
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited September 2016
    read the forum code.
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    Reactions: 915
    edited September 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

So... did you take the time to read his first few sentences?
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited September 2016
    NeoTokyoDude

(edit: Argh, they ninja changed the rules! I started making this thread when it was still allowed but I guess its up to mod discretion. I might need to take back the like I gave the new terms and conditions)
    What's interesting is the change in the rules during the forum migration.
    Old Maple
    - Do not create threads pertaining to Old Maple Servers, Legacy Server, Pre-Big Bang Servers, etc. You can talk about previous versions of MapleStory for memories and nostalgia's sake, but discussions surrounding starting up new services or servers are not allowed.
    NeoTokyoDude

Alternatively if you don't feel like making a long comment, you can put a YAY or a NAY.
    YAY = Would probably try the server
    NAY = Probably would not try the server
    (informal vote which can be freely changed anytime) Really just for the sake of a head count.
    Was going to suggest polling, but I see what you mean change of thought. Currently we're not allowed to change our answers on a poll for the forums.

My general answer is a YAY that'll last up to a few weeks max.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    NeoTokyoDude

Edit: They ninja changed the rules! I can remake the legacy thread but I believe it would be better to keep expectations low. I have already sent a PM to KThxBaiNao and am hoping to hear back from him soon.
    Considering he's the one that "ninja changed the rules", why would you expect him to change his mind so quickly?

(Goes back to my expectation that even if Nexon tells you an unequivocal "No" you'll keep asking "But why not?" "Maybe now?" "How about now?" "Why won't you say whether you'd ever reconsider?" ad nauseam and beyond)
  • NeoTokyoDudeNeoTokyoDude
    edited September 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

NeoTokyoDude

(edit: Argh, they ninja changed the rules! I started making this thread when it was still allowed but I guess its up to mod discretion. I might need to take back the like I gave the new terms and conditions)
    What's interesting is the change in the rules during the forum migration.
    Old Maple
    - Do not create threads pertaining to Old Maple Servers, Legacy Server, Pre-Big Bang Servers, etc. You can talk about previous versions of MapleStory for memories and nostalgia's sake, but discussions surrounding starting up new services or servers are not allowed.
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

NeoTokyoDude

Considering he's the one that "ninja changed the rules", why would you expect him to change his mind so quickly?

(Goes back to my expectation that even if Nexon tells you an unequivocal "No" you'll keep asking "But why not?" "Maybe now?" "How about now?" "Why won't you say whether you'd ever reconsider?" ad nauseam and beyond)
    Actually when I first started putting this thread together it appeared that Old Maple and Legacy threads were going to be allowed. New forum, fresh start? I don't know why the rules were changed back but I think it was just an unlucky coincidence. Either way, I am going to wait for permission before continuing.
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur
    Reactions: 915
    edited September 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

NeoTokyoDude

How does having "ninja changed the rules" have anything to do with him expecting the current Community Manager to change his mind? It appears like OP started creating this thread before the rules in this forum were amended to incorporate the "Old Maple" rule.
  • LæfyLæfy
    Reactions: 1,110
    edited September 2016
    Aiyah... if you think about it...why would they ever allow talks about those servers..?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Bulbasaur
    Bulbasaur said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

NeoTokyoDude

How does having "ninja changed the rules" have anything to do with him expecting the current Community Manager to change his mind? It appears like OP started creating this thread before the rules in this forum were amended to incorporate the "Old Maple" rule.
    NeoTokyoDude says he PM'ed KThxBaiNao, after the change to the rules, presumably for permission to post a Legacy Server thread anyway.

Hence: What reason is there to expect KThxBaiNao to change his mind? If he didn't want those threads yesterday, why would he allow them now?
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited September 2016
  • NeoTokyoDudeNeoTokyoDude
    edited September 2016
    Just remember to try and keep expectations low, all I can do is ask about it. Before making the thread, I double checked that it was not going to be against the code of conduct. (that is just the kind of person I am) The new forum is supposed to be about growth and improvement so that is something I wanted to believe in.

The thread would be about an official legacy server if and only if it gets permission. I ask that everyone be patient in the mean time.
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited September 2016
    I did not make any ninja edits to the rules.
    I copy and pasted the Code of Conduct from the old forums, with only 1 or 2 slight revisions to language to make them more specific. I have always, and will continue to add in an "Edited mm/dd: Whatever Edit was made" when I change something.
    LilyflowerMegaScience
This discussion has been closed.