[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Regarding the Firstarter Ring from Marvel Machine

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 14,975
Posts: 354
Administrator, Nexon
edited August 18 in Announcements
Hey Maplers!

We want to inform you all that everyone who receives the untradeable Firestarter Ring from the Marvel Machine will have it replaced with a tradeable coupon for the Firestarter Ring in the August 30 maintenance.

Thank you!

Comments

  • SeerowSeerow
    Reactions: 935
    Posts: 20
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 18
    I equipped mine since I figured it was meant to be untradeable. I would not have done that if I had known it was an error.

    Will the one I equipped be able to be replaced too?
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 14,975
    Posts: 354
    Administrator, Nexon
    edited August 18
    Seerow wrote: »
    I equipped mine since I figured it was meant to be untradeable. I would not have done that if I had known it was an error.

    Will the one I equipped be able to be replaced too?

    Yes, you have nothing to worry about if you've already equipped yours.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 3,630
    Posts: 440
    Member
    edited August 18
    making the trade just make it become a black market item. When people sell high value merchandise from in the free market, they usually look for real money, NX and not mesos. Please reconsider before making items like this tradeable.
    DarkPassenger
  • PROMOPROMO
    Reactions: 100
    Post: 1
    Member
    edited August 19
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    making the trade just make it become a black market item. When people sell high value merchandise from in the free market, they usually look for real money, NX and not mesos. Please reconsider before making items like this tradeable.

    only way to make it sell in mesos is if there was no cap on mesos holding such as 9,999,999,999 no longer exists and we can carry 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 2,835
    Posts: 1,311
    Member
    edited August 19
    PROMO wrote: »
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    making the trade just make it become a black market item. When people sell high value merchandise from in the free market, they usually look for real money, NX and not mesos. Please reconsider before making items like this tradeable.

    only way to make it sell in mesos is if there was no cap on mesos holding such as 9,999,999,999 no longer exists and we can carry 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

    That would ruin the economy more than it is now.
  • MatthewHKnightMatthewHKnight
    Reactions: 415
    Posts: 110
    Member
    edited August 23
    Yeah these are gonna be selling for real money nexon staff telling you report anyone you see doing that and when you do, you see the same person selling the stuff a month later and never got banned for it. However if you, KS someone during a 2x EXP/DROP event and you go to live chat GM will come to that map and warn KS'ers and when the KS'er doesn't listen to the GM the KS'er will get banned for 24 hours.

    That's how nexon works.
  • SeerowSeerow
    Reactions: 935
    Posts: 20
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 30
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Yes, you have nothing to worry about if you've already equipped yours.

    Well I did not get a coupon of any sort and still have my untradeable Firestarter Ring. Should I file a ticket for this then?
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 2,745
    Posts: 266
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 31
    Seerow wrote: »
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Yes, you have nothing to worry about if you've already equipped yours.

    Well I did not get a coupon of any sort and still have my untradeable Firestarter Ring. Should I file a ticket for this then?

    It will be done in next weeks maintenance.
    This was announced on the discord, sorry we missed it here!
  • SilvaSilva
    Reactions: 1,055
    Posts: 110
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 31
    PROMO wrote: »
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    making the trade just make it become a black market item. When people sell high value merchandise from in the free market, they usually look for real money, NX and not mesos. Please reconsider before making items like this tradeable.

    only way to make it sell in mesos is if there was no cap on mesos holding such as 9,999,999,999 no longer exists and we can carry 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

    well, not really, you can always trade for items with equal value.

    no boom aee, prime scroll, All Stats % [A] Nebulite are worth quite a hefty
    ShadowParadox
  • ReformReform
    Reactions: 540
    Posts: 10
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 14
    Arwoo, Nexon forgot to fix the rings that were still in Marvel Vault. The code still redeems an untradeable ring! Can you fix this soon please? I redeemed a code recently and it is not a use-tradeable coupon!
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 2,745
    Posts: 266
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 14
    Reform wrote: »
    Arwoo, Nexon forgot to fix the rings that were still in Marvel Vault. The code still redeems an untradeable ring! Can you fix this soon please? I redeemed a code recently and it is not a use-tradeable coupon!

    You need to send a ticket to support here and they will be able to help you exchange it :)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 26,700
    Posts: 3,849
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 14
    Okhura wrote: »
    Reform wrote: »
    Arwoo, Nexon forgot to fix the rings that were still in Marvel Vault. The code still redeems an untradeable ring! Can you fix this soon please? I redeemed a code recently and it is not a use-tradeable coupon!

    You need to send a ticket to support here and they will be able to help you exchange it :)

    And for the next 2 or 3 years (how long do Marvel codes last?), every person that redeems a Firestarter from their Marvel vault will have to contact Support to replace it with a coupon?
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 14,975
    Posts: 354
    Administrator, Nexon
    edited September 18
    AKradian wrote: »
    Okhura wrote: »
    Reform wrote: »
    Arwoo, Nexon forgot to fix the rings that were still in Marvel Vault. The code still redeems an untradeable ring! Can you fix this soon please? I redeemed a code recently and it is not a use-tradeable coupon!

    You need to send a ticket to support here and they will be able to help you exchange it :)

    And for the next 2 or 3 years (how long do Marvel codes last?), every person that redeems a Firestarter from their Marvel vault will have to contact Support to replace it with a coupon?

    Yes, this would be the case.