[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unclog our inventories

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Simply put, the problem is that we have way too many items to fit in our inventories, even if those are increased to their maximum allowed size.

The problem gets worse with every patch, because every new event and content brings with it many new items, especially untradeable items. Most of these new items are not powerful, but some people like to collect event items, be they chairs or hats. Having a full inventory means that in order to collect the new content's items, one must discard old event items which have equal (or higher) sentimental or aesthetic value.

Many threads were made on this topic in the old forums. Many solutions were offered. Back in February, KThxBaiNao sent an email about this. Nothing new has happened.

In the V update, Nexon Korea increased maximum inventory tab size by 32 slots.
While this looks like a lot - it's a 33% increase! - it's about as effective as a band-aid on a severed limb. At the rate we get (untradeable) new chairs, titles, and decorative equipment, a collector would easily exhaust this space increase in six months or less. And that's just from event and quest rewards, I'm not talking about Gachapon and other sources.

So, something more needs to be done.
Either :
- Increase inventory size a LOT more (say, 20x bigger... like the damage cap) . Considering how many new items and mechanisms were added to the game since the 96-slot cap was introduced (back in Beta, as far as I know), it only makes sense.
Or :
- Chairs and titles should have collections, like mounts and medals;
- Most "untradeable" items should be changed to "tradeable in account" so they can be stored on alternate characters;
--- Alternatively, add a very large character-specific storage, to hold all these untradeable items that we don't need to carry around with us all the time, but don't want to discard and lose forever.
- Cash equipment covers should be moved to the Cash tab of the inventory, instead of the overfull Equip tab;
- More bag types need to be introduced, and more bags (of existing and new types) should be allowed to be open simultaneously;
- In Reboot, characters should have private Equip storage, since they can't offload even normally "tradeable" equipment into regular storage and onto mules.
NiightseekerKeepComingBackふかせYawniDalethPikarieFawnYonaxInvulgoJettLuvsUand 23 others.

Comments

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Talking about inventory space...Equality for more classes would be nice, Beast Tamer for instance has a tiny inventory compared to most classes.. Why should one class have more space than another by default? (Except for pirates with the inventory size boost beginner skill)

I also think a material storage would be a good thing it would help save alot of storage space.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    chaoscauser

Equality for more classes would help in this Beast Tamer for instance has a tiny inventory compared to most classes..
    I'm talking about the maximum inventory size (96 slots per tab), not the initial size, which is a different issue altogether.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Sorry I was updating my post
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I agree with this. It's always upsetting that I have to skip out on events with untradeable chairs because my set-up inventory is already filled with them.

I also like your idea of the character specific storage. It's frustrating to have to constantly carry those untradeable items but not wanting to drop them because of collection reasons.
    bumbertyr
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    inventory is quite an issue, and this has been brought up previously, hopefully something can be done in the future.
  • NiightseekerNiightseeker
    Reactions: 2,040
    edited September 2016
    I really hope something can be done about inventory space as well. I keep having to throw away stuff I want to hang onto, and my storage is full so I can't put anything else in it. My Set-Up tab is completely full of chairs and I'm not even bothering with continuing to participate in events because I have no room for the chairs I'd be wanting to get. It really sucks we can only have one bag of each type open at a time. :T
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Not really a fan of increasing inventory size further, since it's already so hard to sift through my inventory looking for what I need lol. Even with the sort function. I'd prefer the character specific storage.
  • Warlocked200Warlocked200
    Reactions: 580
    edited September 2016
    I would rather they allow us to have more than 1 chair bag/any type of bag with a larger bag space like 24 or something.
    Also on the whole inventory management thing, I would also like it if they made disposing/using items easier like using multiple items at a time and a way to mass drop all the junk items you get from event boxes and the like.
    StarrySWolf
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited September 2016
    Bigger chair bags and being able to use more than 1 chair bag is a good place to start. Being able to hold 100 chairs in 4 slots should be enough space for years to come.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    how about they expend the max etc item cap per slow to 500 for everything(would save a lot of space) and 900 max slot for healing items
    and rise the cap that soul shards can hold in a slot to 100(10 is tiny).
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Xerna said:

how about they expend the max etc item cap per slow to 500 for everything(would save a lot of space) and 900 max slot for healing items
    and rise the cap that soul shards can hold in a slot to 100(10 is tiny).
    This was actually done in KMS (as part of the V update), which is why I didn't talk much about Use and ETC inventories.
    The biggest problem is Equip and Setup, since those items are (and have to remain) one per slot.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    @AKradian
    Setup I don't worry about since i don't collect chairs. but I do collect nebs.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited September 2016
    Ah I see you been thinking about this also, I just wrote down some similar feedback but from a more personal angle.

Something has to be done about the clogged inventories.
    Lilyflower
  • HolyGiraffeHolyGiraffe
    Reactions: 1,460
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Make the bags (chair bags, mineral bags, etc) A LOT larger.
    Instead of 8 slots, or 10 slots, make it 40 slots.
    I don't participate in any event that rewards chairs because I simply have too many untradable ones, 100% exclusives. I can't take any more. I have like 3 [A] nebulites, and I won't collect any others because I simply don't have space.
    The Bags are a good idea, but they are a very VERY small solution to a big problem. or, you can allow more bags per character. If I could use 2 more chair bags (of the 10 chairs type) It would clear 18 slots. THAT IS A LOT.
    Same goes for Boss Monster Souls, and crafting materials, and coins, and titles.

Let's also talk about the USE-Tab for a second.

The typical player bag contains about 6~10 potions (usualy the Power Elixirs, and Giant potions, All-Cure potions, and different utility potions like Invincibility potions).
    About 3 or 4 slots for EXP and Drops (Lucky Winter, easter eggs, etc).
    I persionaly have a lot of Extreme part potions (about 5 slots for each type) but other players would still have a lot of these too.
    One slot of Nearest town scrolls.
    One, two, or even three slots for Pet Food.
    A LOT of slots go to Scrolls of different types, I'm talking Primes, Chaos, Chaos of goodness, Incredible Chaos, Clean Slates, Occult Scrolls, Evolution scrolls, Gollux scrolls, Potential Scrolls, Advanced Potential Scrolls, AEE scroll, EE scroll, Tradable AEE, Tradable EE, and THEN WE ALSO HAVE 3/4/5 star scrolls, No-Booms, AND THAT DOESN'T END HERE.
    We also have 3 or 4 different type of stamps for the 2 types of potentials (I peronally just drop the bad ones, and keep the good ones, but that's because I lack space!)
    And then there's the Souls! Now, I know what you're gona say: "There's a soul bag!" True, but even if we just ignore the bad ones, and keep just the good ones, the bag only holds 8, and if we only count the good ones, we are WAY over 8. (Off the top of my head, 4 CRA, and Magnus, Empress, Lotus, Ursus, VL, Hilla, Murgoth).
    3 Different types of Soul Enchanters, and there are the new pieces that boss drops instead of gear (piece of time, piece of ruin, piece of destruction, piece of anguish, etc). And now we have water pellets, and also Cube Fragments;

We have to cram all this into 96 slots. That's unreal.
  • HolyGiraffeHolyGiraffe
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    ETC is in no better condition either, BTW.
    Bags can't hold all of the item types we have. Take Coin purse for example (only 8 Slot size).
    Excluding event coins, we have Gollux Penny, Gollux coins, Crusader coins, Yggdrasil Rune, Chaos Yggdrasil Rune, Magnus Coins, Shadow Merchant Coin, Oda Coin, Anheim Coin, Kritiam Commemorative Coin, Commerci Denaro, Evolving Coin, Model Student Candy, Gallant Emblem, and all of these are worth keeping.

Now, we have the seasonal changing event coins, such as the now 2016 Homecoing Coins, and Aqua Bucks.

And don't even get me started on how many items we have to keep in the ETC tab that aren't related to coins...
    to make Dimension gloves, and High Quality Dimension gloves, each one requires 4 slots in your ETC tab for 4 kinds of pieces (that's 8 in total).
    Mana Crystals build up like crazy, I have just a little over 6k already (every 1000 take up one slot). SO MANY SPELL TRACES. And "Twisted Time" that also take space. And Cube Fragments, and 3 different types of "Spell Essence" . And these are the items that EVERY PLAYER has to keep, because every monster drops these things.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    HolyGiraffe

Let's also talk about the USE-Tab for a second.

The typical player bag contains about 6~10 potions (usualy the Power Elixirs, and Giant potions, All-Cure potions, and different utility potions like Invincibility potions).
    About 3 or 4 slots for EXP and Drops (Lucky Winter, easter eggs, etc).
    I persionaly have a lot of Extreme part potions (about 5 slots for each type) but other players would still have a lot of these too.
    One slot of Nearest town scrolls.
    One, two, or even three slots for Pet Food.
    A LOT of slots go to Scrolls of different types, I'm talking Primes, Chaos, Chaos of goodness, Incredible Chaos, Clean Slates, Occult Scrolls, Evolution scrolls, Gollux scrolls, Potential Scrolls, Advanced Potential Scrolls, AEE scroll, EE scroll, Tradable AEE, Tradable EE, and THEN WE ALSO HAVE 3/4/5 star scrolls, No-Booms, AND THAT DOESN'T END HERE.
    We also have 3 or 4 different type of stamps for the 2 types of potentials (I peronally just drop the bad ones, and keep the good ones, but that's because I lack space!)
    And then there's the Souls! Now, I know what you're gona say: "There's a soul bag!" True, but even if we just ignore the bad ones, and keep just the good ones, the bag only holds 8, and if we only count the good ones, we are WAY over 8. (Off the top of my head, 4 CRA, and Magnus, Empress, Lotus, Ursus, VL, Hilla, Murgoth).
    3 Different types of Soul Enchanters, and there are the new pieces that boss drops instead of gear (piece of time, piece of ruin, piece of destruction, piece of anguish, etc). And now we have water pellets, and also Cube Fragments;

We have to cram all this into 96 slots. That's unreal.
    And then, if you happen to be an NL or NW and need a few slots for your throwing stars on top of all that...

Although some of what you listed is not necessary. The MPE potions are tradeable in account, so you can move all but one stack of each type to a storage mule. Same for tradeable scrolls.

But yes, all our inventory tabs are choked. Even ETC, with all the coins (that can't fit into one Pink Purse) and crafting materials.
    Some of the solutions I suggested (character-specific storage, more tradeability, more bags (including for souls, stars, scrolls, potions), or a much bigger inventory size cap) apply to all tabs equally.
  • HolyGiraffeHolyGiraffe
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    In other games, the bank is usualy bigger than the character's bag (it makes sense).
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited September 2016
    yes totally agree they should stack the 2x coupons together, expand a lot of stuff as well. make equipment bag too
    Lilyflower
  • ToreishiToreishi
    Reactions: 3,475
    edited September 2016
    Nexon, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE increase the maximum of inventory slots. You keep giving us so many chairs and titles from events/gacha, but there's no way to hold them all... (Was forced to drop some untradeable ones that I didn't like as much.) :'(
    Taehyung
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

yes totally agree they should stack the 2x coupons together, expand a lot of stuff as well. make equipment bag too
    yep they should, and the Untradable event items(example the Santa Books) should stack. also all cure potion should stack up to 300 not 100.