[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unclog our inventories

Comments

• BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    so any updates?
    Lilyflower
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited October 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

so any updates?
    This ^
  • OctosOctos
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    You people just spoke my heart out, it's sad everytime i have to throw away my chairs or one-of-a-kind items, if maple introduced these new changes, I'll gladly play more just to get more of those souvenirs and appreciate my hard work :)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Aggraphine

They'd solve the issue in a heartbeat if they made a medal collection for chairs and titles. It would need to function that any chair you gain into your inventory is registered, unlike the medal collection where earned medals register but purchased(event shops) medals don't.
    That would only solve the Setup inventory tab.
    As we've now seen, that we're getting inventories expanded to 128 slots, plus various use and etc items stacking to amounts 10x greater than the current, how would a collection of sorts for chairs and titles, combined with this, not solve the issue? The other tabs have never been an issue, it's always been a complaint about the setup tab being completed clogged up because people collect things.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Aggraphine

They'd solve the issue in a heartbeat if they made a medal collection for chairs and titles. It would need to function that any chair you gain into your inventory is registered, unlike the medal collection where earned medals register but purchased(event shops) medals don't.
    That would only solve the Setup inventory tab.
    As we've now seen, that we're getting inventories expanded to 128 slots, plus various use and etc items stacking to amounts 10x greater than the current, how would a collection of sorts for chairs and titles, combined with this, not solve the issue? The other tabs have never been an issue, it's always been a complaint about the setup tab being completed clogged up because people collect things.
    The other tabs are an issue, believe me.
    They still do events that give out equipment, always untradeable, sometimes even non-expiring... If you're a collector, you want to keep that stuff.
    My Use inventory is full, and except for two slots containing power elixirs, no two slots are the same, so the higher stacking won't help me there.
    ETC is full as well. And while I could move away some of the crafting materials, that just means I wouldn't be able to loot them if I run into them again.
    Setup is the worst, and for some people it's the only problematic tab, but for collectors and packrats it's definitely not the only one.

I am very much looking forward to the extra 32 slots and the higher stacks, but I know that unless something else is done, I'll likely run out of space again in six months or less.
    Lilyflower
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    yay 32 new chairs
    Lilyflower
  • LynerusLynerus
    Reactions: 1,130
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Simply put, the problem is that we have way too many items to fit in our inventories, even if those are increased to their maximum allowed size.

The problem gets worse with every patch, because every new event and content brings with it many new items, especially untradeable items. Most of these new items are not powerful, but some people like to collect event items, be they chairs or hats. Having a full inventory means that in order to collect the new content's items, one must discard old event items which have equal (or higher) sentimental or aesthetic value.

Many threads were made on this topic in the old forums. Many solutions were offered. Back in February, KThxBaiNao sent an email about this. Nothing new has happened.

In the V update, Nexon Korea increased maximum inventory tab size by 32 slots.
    While this looks like a lot - it's a 33% increase! - it's about as effective as a band-aid on a severed limb. At the rate we get (untradeable) new chairs, titles, and decorative equipment, a collector would easily exhaust this space increase in six months or less. And that's just from event and quest rewards, I'm not talking about Gachapon and other sources.

So, something more needs to be done.
    Either :
    - Increase inventory size a LOT more (say, 20x bigger... like the damage cap) . Considering how many new items and mechanisms were added to the game since the 96-slot cap was introduced (back in Beta, as far as I know), it only makes sense.
    Or :
    - Chairs and titles should have collections, like mounts and medals;
    - Most "untradeable" items should be changed to "tradeable in account" so they can be stored on alternate characters;
    --- Alternatively, add a very large character-specific storage, to hold all these untradeable items that we don't need to carry around with us all the time, but don't want to discard and lose forever.
    - Cash equipment covers should be moved to the Cash tab of the inventory, instead of the overfull Equip tab;
    - More bag types need to be introduced, and more bags (of existing and new types) should be allowed to be open simultaneously;
    - In Reboot, characters should have private Equip storage, since they can't offload even normally "tradeable" equipment into regular storage and onto mules.

I agree... why chairs & titles dont already have collections like medals do who knows
    Even with the bag thing they take up to much space

Also Coins... i have coins from like 4 years ago still i think and i have them because im not sure if i should toss them or not (kinda want to keep them just to have them) but they take up so much space
    StarrySWolf
  • DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited November 2016
    Lynerus
    Lynerus said:

I agree... why chairs & titles dont already have collections like medals do who knows

Also Coins... i have coins from like 4 years ago still i think and i have them because im not sure if i should toss them or not (kinda want to keep them just to have them) but they take up so much space
    you should trade hte ones you can for vcoins (you can still keep a couple of each for collection)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Diannika
    Diannika said:

Lynerus
    Lynerus said:

you should trade hte ones you can for vcoins (you can still keep a couple of each for collection)
    That wouldn't free up an inventory slot.
    Lilyflower
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited November 2016
    They should add Bag for Scrolls and NX Items that u can't put on CS storage. Let us have more than 4 herb & mining bags and more coins purse, and more chairs bags. I have to throw some of my chairs last time, because we can get chair so easy the last few years.
    And ad more slots in Soul bags or we can have more than only 1 soul bags.
    Let us have a bag to collect pq reward and it shouldn't be counted as Herb / Mining and coin purse
  • AramyAramy
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Arwen
    Arwen said:

They should add Bag for Scrolls and NX Items that u can't put on CS storage. Let us have more than 4 herb & mining bags and more coins purse, and more chairs bags. I have to throw some of my chairs last time, because we can get chair so easy the last few years.
    Let us have a bag to collect pq reward and it shouldn't be counted as Herb / Mining and coin purse
    that bag for pq reward alr exists o.o mby isnt implented on envent shops for rly long time but i assure you that bag exists

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Aramy
    Aramy said:

Arwen
    Arwen said:

that bag for pq reward alr exists o.o mby isnt implented on envent shops for rly long time but i assure you that bag exists

It exists but it counts towards your total "crafting" bags.
    Arwen
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited November 2016
    Aramy
    Aramy said:

Arwen
    Arwen said:

As Akradian said: It counts as Herb/mining bags. This is why I threw it away when i found out u can't open that bag after i had 4 crafting bags. I had already complained about this along time ago that they should not count this bag as crafting bag..because it's really different.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Bumping this because the new Re:ZERO event gives 11 titles, in addition to the dozen or so that the Pink Bean event just gave, and along with the various event chairs we've gotten over the past few months, that simply does not fit in anyone's Setup tab if it was full before the V update.

V gave us the ability to add 32 more slots, but those got (predictably) used up already.

We need a solution, a real solution, to the clogged inventory problem.

Also http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/9777/thoughts-about-chairs-and-inventory-space/p1
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited May 2017
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Bumping this because the new Re:ZERO event gives 11 titles, in addition to the dozen or so that the Pink Bean event just gave, and along with the various event chairs we've gotten over the past few months, that simply does not fit in anyone's Setup tab if it was full before the V update.

V gave us the ability to add 32 more slots, but those got (predictably) used up already.

We need a solution, a real solution, to the clogged inventory problem.

Also http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/9777/thoughts-about-chairs-and-inventory-space/p1
    Have they even adressed this? It's been about half a year now...