[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

We all want a merge

Comments

  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,275
    Posts: 152
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Football5 wrote: »
    For all the people arguing about "oh i like dead worlds because i can find a map" they can simply just add channels.. Say they merged all regular worlds in NA and have like 100 channels...or merge all of them apart from say 1 and can give people an option to transfer to 1 full merged one or the lone 1

    Forget about them brother, it's maybe 2% of the population, and I'm talking about those who says they wanna stay in a dead server, I mean come on, let's face it.

    It's time to put the truth on the table! at least 97% (max 95%) of maplers want a world with as MANY people as possible! why? because the more people we have, the more fun it is, the better our economy get! everything is changing for the better!

    We want Nexon to merge ALL the worlds (without Reboot) into Bera! right here, right now! as quick as possible! we will not wait 3 more years.
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    For all the people arguing about "oh i like dead worlds because i can find a map" they can simply just add channels.. Say they merged all regular worlds in NA and have like 100 channels...or merge all of them apart from say 1 and can give people an option to transfer to 1 full merged one or the lone 1

    100 channels is your best solution? too many channels. wont be enough. and like I said, there's a difference between dead servers and stable servers. You cant just jump to the extremes of what people are saying to make a point.

    What is wrong with this though, It would be like runescape where people can drop channel to channel freely

    Merge ALL the worlds into Bera (without Reboot) so we'd have 2 worlds.

    Bera and Reboot.

    I'm in Scania, it's 100% death, I've been searching for people all over the game, all I find are hackers, and that's also barely....

    I still think it should be an option to be able to play in a dead server or channel, But what i was asking, if there was one world, with many channels, with the idea some channels are populate and others are not, would it not be a practical idea? It would work like runescape, where people jump from world to world. I really want to play in a populated server but if there is people, even if they are a minority that want to play in a server with very little players, then they should have that option available to them
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,410
    Posts: 2,630
    Member
    edited June 2018
    You can't use %s in your argument when you don't know the distribution of players, hackers/botters are most likely a higher % of the playerbase (actual botters the ones from the meso sites) Luna is messed up and it's only one server. GMS will be worse with just one server. even with 100 channels, itll just be more fodder for botters/hackers to generate their activity.
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,275
    Posts: 152
    Member
    edited June 2018
    You can't use %s in your argument when you don't know the distribution of players, hackers/botters are most likely a higher % of the playerbase (actual botters the ones from the meso sites) Luna is messed up and it's only one server. GMS will be worse with just one server. even with 100 channels, itll just be more fodder for botters/hackers to generate their activity.

    Shouldn't the solution to this that nexon try to reduce hackinig/botting. If the percentages of players who actually play the game (not botters) desire to play in a more populated server, isn't that enough of a argument?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,410
    Posts: 2,630
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    You can't use %s in your argument when you don't know the distribution of players, hackers/botters are most likely a higher % of the playerbase (actual botters the ones from the meso sites) Luna is messed up and it's only one server. GMS will be worse with just one server. even with 100 channels, itll just be more fodder for botters/hackers to generate their activity.

    Shouldn't the solution to this that nexon try to reduce hackinig/botting. If the percentages of players who actually play the game (not botters) desire to play in a more populated server, isn't that enough of a argument?

    where's the argument?

    But yeah, Nexon has tried to sweep up activity, but they banned innocent players in the process. It isn't as simple as clicking a button. Any changes they make to their security, has to be executed right or that'll happen again, beside the fact that botters use legit tools they buy from hackers, which are also updated to match any changes made. They'll always be a step ahead.
  • saladsenpaiisaladsenpaii
    Reactions: 400
    Posts: 4
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Yeah, I think Nexon should merge the worlds into 2 worlds excluding Reboot. It feels very lonely in the empty worlds and so I stopped playing on Maplestory as much. This topic has been brought up so many times and a lot of the players would really like a world merge. Because of the dying worlds, people stop playing as well and it's honestly not fun when you are basically in a ghost town. I wish Nexon would acknowledge this issue and take a step because a lot of us don't want to play in empty servers.
  • saladsenpaiisaladsenpaii
    Reactions: 400
    Posts: 4
    Member
    edited June 2018
    All of the server besides Bera and Reboot are almost empty now. Most people don't enjoy playing in a ghost town which leads to less players overall. Recommending new players to create a character in Renegade which is a empty server is a huge turn off. We just want the old maple; being able to socialize and team up in party quests. So many people have brought up this issue and this is really affecting the player base.
  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    Reactions: 1,080
    Posts: 70
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Yeah, I think Nexon should merge the worlds into 2 worlds excluding Reboot. It feels very lonely in the empty worlds and so I stopped playing on Maplestory as much. This topic has been brought up so many times and a lot of the players would really like a world merge. Because of the dying worlds, people stop playing as well and it's honestly not fun when you are basically in a ghost town. I wish Nexon would acknowledge this issue and take a step because a lot of us don't want to play in empty servers.

    Wrong.

    We need 1 world excluding Reboot (so 2 worlds in total).

    Hear me out please.

    The reason as to why SO many people are thinking that way (Bera and Reboot only) is because we all understand know and see the reality exactly as it is.

    And our point is that even if we'll do as we just said above (Bera and Reboot), I truly doubt we'd have THAT many players.... because except Bera and Reboot.... it's all ghost towns... so if we merge everything (excluding Reboot) into Bera, I doubt that the change would big THAT big.....

    But everyone are still thinking that way and saying that because it's soooo much better than now and so much better than 2 worlds + Reboot.....

    Hope you'd understand us! thanks :)
  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    Reactions: 1,080
    Posts: 70
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    Alantino wrote: »
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    nope, would be nice for some real world merges though, and no more world alliances

    The world merge idea may lead to character deletions since you are turning multiple worlds into 1 world. I made some characters in the other worlds in GRAZED for storage and when I want to replay a certain class, those classes would be deleted. It was fun to use other worlds within the same alliance to bypass the 5 cubes per month from RP limit.

    dude, KMS has merged 15 worlds into 1 world, 7 worlds into 1 and so on, which is how they got down to 10 servers, and when EMS was added to GMS they merged their 2 worlds, and in both cases, there were no character deletions. it's an irrational fear. the most that will happen is that you would be prevented from making new characters if your overall character count was 43 or above.

    KMS use to have about 30+ worlds to choose from, now they have 10 or 11, and that's because they added 2 rather recently (only talking about normal worlds)

    if you need a refresher Read These posts that talk about 10+ servers being merged into 1, and those were only the ones I could find after remembering key words to find them, but there were several others.

    how do you think they went from This (+ 11 more because this just shows post merge of 12 servers to 1) to This (It's from the V update so doesn't have the Arcane server added ) 5 of the servers on the list (Union, Elysium, Enosis, Aurora, and Luna) came from being massive merges of many (10+) dead servers. I had characters in an allianced server in KMS that eventually got merged with the other 3 servers in it's alliance + some others in KMS (the Culverin server alliance) and none of them got deleted.

    No wonder KMS is 1 of the most popular games in South Korea, because they LISTEN to their people, unlike.....

    We must LEARN from KMS and Merge Worlds as fast as possible, before it'd be WAY too late, because believe me, it's already too late.... but not WAY too late so...

    Honestly im willing to buy a nx to transfer now, this should be an available option

    Yeah me too, I'd totally pay 25k nx to
    All of the server besides Bera and Reboot are almost empty now. Most people don't enjoy playing in a ghost town which leads to less players overall. Recommending new players to create a character in Renegade which is a empty server is a huge turn off. We just want the old maple; being able to socialize and team up in party quests. So many people have brought up this issue and this is really affecting the player base.

    Enough is enough, LET the Merge Worlds (Bera + Reboot) begin !
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 35,375
    Posts: 5,191
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    Yeah, I think Nexon should merge the worlds into 2 worlds excluding Reboot. It feels very lonely in the empty worlds and so I stopped playing on Maplestory as much. This topic has been brought up so many times and a lot of the players would really like a world merge. Because of the dying worlds, people stop playing as well and it's honestly not fun when you are basically in a ghost town. I wish Nexon would acknowledge this issue and take a step because a lot of us don't want to play in empty servers.

    Wrong.

    We need 1 world excluding Reboot (so 2 worlds in total).

    Hear me out please.

    The reason as to why SO many people are thinking that way (Bera and Reboot only) is because we all understand know and see the reality exactly as it is.

    And our point is that even if we'll do as we just said above (Bera and Reboot), I truly doubt we'd have THAT many players.... because except Bera and Reboot.... it's all ghost towns... so if we merge everything (excluding Reboot) into Bera, I doubt that the change would big THAT big.....

    But everyone are still thinking that way and saying that because it's soooo much better than now and so much better than 2 worlds + Reboot.....

    Hope you'd understand us! thanks :)

    Why does it bother you so much if a few people who would rather play in a low-population world, get to do so?
  • saladsenpaiisaladsenpaii
    Reactions: 400
    Posts: 4
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    Yeah, I think Nexon should merge the worlds into 2 worlds excluding Reboot. It feels very lonely in the empty worlds and so I stopped playing on Maplestory as much. This topic has been brought up so many times and a lot of the players would really like a world merge. Because of the dying worlds, people stop playing as well and it's honestly not fun when you are basically in a ghost town. I wish Nexon would acknowledge this issue and take a step because a lot of us don't want to play in empty servers.

    Wrong.

    We need 1 world excluding Reboot (so 2 worlds in total).

    Hear me out please.

    The reason as to why SO many people are thinking that way (Bera and Reboot only) is because we all understand know and see the reality exactly as it is.

    And our point is that even if we'll do as we just said above (Bera and Reboot), I truly doubt we'd have THAT many players.... because except Bera and Reboot.... it's all ghost towns... so if we merge everything (excluding Reboot) into Bera, I doubt that the change would big THAT big.....

    But everyone are still thinking that way and saying that because it's soooo much better than now and so much better than 2 worlds + Reboot.....

    Hope you'd understand us! thanks :)

    Okay yea I see what you mean. I guess the reason why I said 2 worlds is because there are so many botters and hackers in Bera but if Nexon got rid of them, the training spots and the population overall will decrease by a lot.
  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    Reactions: 1,080
    Posts: 70
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    Yeah, I think Nexon should merge the worlds into 2 worlds excluding Reboot. It feels very lonely in the empty worlds and so I stopped playing on Maplestory as much. This topic has been brought up so many times and a lot of the players would really like a world merge. Because of the dying worlds, people stop playing as well and it's honestly not fun when you are basically in a ghost town. I wish Nexon would acknowledge this issue and take a step because a lot of us don't want to play in empty servers.

    Wrong.

    We need 1 world excluding Reboot (so 2 worlds in total).

    Hear me out please.

    The reason as to why SO many people are thinking that way (Bera and Reboot only) is because we all understand know and see the reality exactly as it is.

    And our point is that even if we'll do as we just said above (Bera and Reboot), I truly doubt we'd have THAT many players.... because except Bera and Reboot.... it's all ghost towns... so if we merge everything (excluding Reboot) into Bera, I doubt that the change would big THAT big.....

    But everyone are still thinking that way and saying that because it's soooo much better than now and so much better than 2 worlds + Reboot.....

    Hope you'd understand us! thanks :)

    Okay yea I see what you mean. I guess the reason why I said 2 worlds is because there are so many botters and hackers in Bera but if Nexon got rid of them, the training spots and the population overall will decrease by a lot.

    Smart, very smart!
    Wish we had a GM like you.
    AKradian wrote: »
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    Yeah, I think Nexon should merge the worlds into 2 worlds excluding Reboot. It feels very lonely in the empty worlds and so I stopped playing on Maplestory as much. This topic has been brought up so many times and a lot of the players would really like a world merge. Because of the dying worlds, people stop playing as well and it's honestly not fun when you are basically in a ghost town. I wish Nexon would acknowledge this issue and take a step because a lot of us don't want to play in empty servers.

    Wrong.

    We need 1 world excluding Reboot (so 2 worlds in total).

    Hear me out please.

    The reason as to why SO many people are thinking that way (Bera and Reboot only) is because we all understand know and see the reality exactly as it is.

    And our point is that even if we'll do as we just said above (Bera and Reboot), I truly doubt we'd have THAT many players.... because except Bera and Reboot.... it's all ghost towns... so if we merge everything (excluding Reboot) into Bera, I doubt that the change would big THAT big.....

    But everyone are still thinking that way and saying that because it's soooo much better than now and so much better than 2 worlds + Reboot.....

    Hope you'd understand us! thanks :)

    Why does it bother you so much if a few people who would rather play in a low-population world, get to do so?

    Of course it doesn't bother me, it none of my business what people wish for.
    But we must keep in mind that a server with just a few people, isn't really worth the $
    This is why, for example, in a normal country (and not a 3rd world one), there's only 1 president.

    A lot of people disliked Trump and yet he won, and there is nothing to be done about that! why? because the majority determined that Trump will be the president.

    Again, that was just an example, so don't try to catch me with my own words, lol.

    But in any case, here in GMS, the majority who wants 2 worlds (Bera and Reboot) isn't 51% or 60%, it's (and I can bet on 1,000USD) that's 80% (and probably more than that) for sure, no doubts!

    But than again, if there's like, let's say 5% in GMS that want to be in an empty world, no problem, but there are so many people, literally a LOT of people who really tired of being in an empty worlds, like me, I'm in Scania, and everytime I log on I truly feels as if I log on for nothing... I can't even find people to talk with.... and even when I do find like 1-2 people, they're 24/7 afk....

    Also it seems like you're a little bit against this whole idea of having 2 worlds (Bera and Reboot), am I right? how so?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 35,375
    Posts: 5,191
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    Yeah, I think Nexon should merge the worlds into 2 worlds excluding Reboot. It feels very lonely in the empty worlds and so I stopped playing on Maplestory as much. This topic has been brought up so many times and a lot of the players would really like a world merge. Because of the dying worlds, people stop playing as well and it's honestly not fun when you are basically in a ghost town. I wish Nexon would acknowledge this issue and take a step because a lot of us don't want to play in empty servers.

    Wrong.

    We need 1 world excluding Reboot (so 2 worlds in total).

    Hear me out please.

    The reason as to why SO many people are thinking that way (Bera and Reboot only) is because we all understand know and see the reality exactly as it is.

    And our point is that even if we'll do as we just said above (Bera and Reboot), I truly doubt we'd have THAT many players.... because except Bera and Reboot.... it's all ghost towns... so if we merge everything (excluding Reboot) into Bera, I doubt that the change would big THAT big.....

    But everyone are still thinking that way and saying that because it's soooo much better than now and so much better than 2 worlds + Reboot.....

    Hope you'd understand us! thanks :)

    Okay yea I see what you mean. I guess the reason why I said 2 worlds is because there are so many botters and hackers in Bera but if Nexon got rid of them, the training spots and the population overall will decrease by a lot.

    Smart, very smart!
    Wish we had a GM like you.
    AKradian wrote: »
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    Yeah, I think Nexon should merge the worlds into 2 worlds excluding Reboot. It feels very lonely in the empty worlds and so I stopped playing on Maplestory as much. This topic has been brought up so many times and a lot of the players would really like a world merge. Because of the dying worlds, people stop playing as well and it's honestly not fun when you are basically in a ghost town. I wish Nexon would acknowledge this issue and take a step because a lot of us don't want to play in empty servers.

    Wrong.

    We need 1 world excluding Reboot (so 2 worlds in total).

    Hear me out please.

    The reason as to why SO many people are thinking that way (Bera and Reboot only) is because we all understand know and see the reality exactly as it is.

    And our point is that even if we'll do as we just said above (Bera and Reboot), I truly doubt we'd have THAT many players.... because except Bera and Reboot.... it's all ghost towns... so if we merge everything (excluding Reboot) into Bera, I doubt that the change would big THAT big.....

    But everyone are still thinking that way and saying that because it's soooo much better than now and so much better than 2 worlds + Reboot.....

    Hope you'd understand us! thanks :)

    Why does it bother you so much if a few people who would rather play in a low-population world, get to do so?

    Of course it doesn't bother me, it none of my business what people wish for.
    But we must keep in mind that a server with just a few people, isn't really worth the $
    This is why, for example, in a normal country (and not a 3rd world one), there's only 1 president.

    A lot of people disliked Trump and yet he won, and there is nothing to be done about that! why? because the majority determined that Trump will be the president.

    Again, that was just an example, so don't try to catch me with my own words, lol.

    But in any case, here in GMS, the majority who wants 2 worlds (Bera and Reboot) isn't 51% or 60%, it's (and I can bet on 1,000USD) that's 80% (and probably more than that) for sure, no doubts!

    But than again, if there's like, let's say 5% in GMS that want to be in an empty world, no problem, but there are so many people, literally a LOT of people who really tired of being in an empty worlds, like me, I'm in Scania, and everytime I log on I truly feels as if I log on for nothing... I can't even find people to talk with.... and even when I do find like 1-2 people, they're 24/7 afk....

    Also it seems like you're a little bit against this whole idea of having 2 worlds (Bera and Reboot), am I right? how so?

    I am against the idea of having 2 worlds because I am one of those 3% or 20% or whatever number you'll make up next, who like peace and quiet.
    I don't know why you insist on forcing me into your idea of a perfect world.
    As for Nexon's $, let them worry about that, not you.

    I'm all for letting the people who want to be in a bustling, active, heavily populated world, to live in such a world.
    Which is why I think we need one big non-Reboot world, and one small one. And to figure out a way to let people be in the world they prefer, even if they are currently on hiatus and come back next Christmas or something.
    saladsenpaiiWZrkTachikawaHiyoko
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,275
    Posts: 152
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    You can't use %s in your argument when you don't know the distribution of players, hackers/botters are most likely a higher % of the playerbase (actual botters the ones from the meso sites) Luna is messed up and it's only one server. GMS will be worse with just one server. even with 100 channels, itll just be more fodder for botters/hackers to generate their activity.

    Shouldn't the solution to this that nexon try to reduce hackinig/botting. If the percentages of players who actually play the game (not botters) desire to play in a more populated server, isn't that enough of a argument?

    where's the argument?

    But yeah, Nexon has tried to sweep up activity, but they banned innocent players in the process. It isn't as simple as clicking a button. Any changes they make to their security, has to be executed right or that'll happen again, beside the fact that botters use legit tools they buy from hackers, which are also updated to match any changes made. They'll always be a step ahead.

    Im trying to argue, that if the majority of the playerbase wants a way to enter a populated server they should, regardless of where the bots will follow, as I think it will be more beneficial then keeping the game as it is.

    Btw you were complaining about meso advertisers early I believe, in khaini that is all I see, and its a dead world
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,410
    Posts: 2,630
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    You can't use %s in your argument when you don't know the distribution of players, hackers/botters are most likely a higher % of the playerbase (actual botters the ones from the meso sites) Luna is messed up and it's only one server. GMS will be worse with just one server. even with 100 channels, itll just be more fodder for botters/hackers to generate their activity.

    Shouldn't the solution to this that nexon try to reduce hackinig/botting. If the percentages of players who actually play the game (not botters) desire to play in a more populated server, isn't that enough of a argument?

    where's the argument?

    But yeah, Nexon has tried to sweep up activity, but they banned innocent players in the process. It isn't as simple as clicking a button. Any changes they make to their security, has to be executed right or that'll happen again, beside the fact that botters use legit tools they buy from hackers, which are also updated to match any changes made. They'll always be a step ahead.

    Im trying to argue, that if the majority of the playerbase wants a way to enter a populated server they should, regardless of where the bots will follow, as I think it will be more beneficial then keeping the game as it is.

    Btw you were complaining about meso advertisers early I believe, in khaini that is all I see, and its a dead world

    complaining? where?
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,275
    Posts: 152
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    You can't use %s in your argument when you don't know the distribution of players, hackers/botters are most likely a higher % of the playerbase (actual botters the ones from the meso sites) Luna is messed up and it's only one server. GMS will be worse with just one server. even with 100 channels, itll just be more fodder for botters/hackers to generate their activity.

    Shouldn't the solution to this that nexon try to reduce hackinig/botting. If the percentages of players who actually play the game (not botters) desire to play in a more populated server, isn't that enough of a argument?

    where's the argument?

    But yeah, Nexon has tried to sweep up activity, but they banned innocent players in the process. It isn't as simple as clicking a button. Any changes they make to their security, has to be executed right or that'll happen again, beside the fact that botters use legit tools they buy from hackers, which are also updated to match any changes made. They'll always be a step ahead.

    Im trying to argue, that if the majority of the playerbase wants a way to enter a populated server they should, regardless of where the bots will follow, as I think it will be more beneficial then keeping the game as it is.

    Btw you were complaining about meso advertisers early I believe, in khaini that is all I see, and its a dead world

    complaining? where?

    If you didn't say anything about meso advertisers, my bad then
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    Reactions: 820
    Posts: 102
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    Alantino wrote: »
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    nope, would be nice for some real world merges though, and no more world alliances

    The world merge idea may lead to character deletions since you are turning multiple worlds into 1 world. I made some characters in the other worlds in GRAZED for storage and when I want to replay a certain class, those classes would be deleted. It was fun to use other worlds within the same alliance to bypass the 5 cubes per month from RP limit.

    dude, KMS has merged 15 worlds into 1 world, 7 worlds into 1 and so on, which is how they got down to 10 servers, and when EMS was added to GMS they merged their 2 worlds, and in both cases, there were no character deletions. it's an irrational fear. the most that will happen is that you would be prevented from making new characters if your overall character count was 43 or above.

    KMS use to have about 30+ worlds to choose from, now they have 10 or 11, and that's because they added 2 rather recently (only talking about normal worlds)

    if you need a refresher Read These posts that talk about 10+ servers being merged into 1, and those were only the ones I could find after remembering key words to find them, but there were several others.

    how do you think they went from This (+ 11 more because this just shows post merge of 12 servers to 1) to This (It's from the V update so doesn't have the Arcane server added ) 5 of the servers on the list (Union, Elysium, Enosis, Aurora, and Luna) came from being massive merges of many (10+) dead servers. I had characters in an allianced server in KMS that eventually got merged with the other 3 servers in it's alliance + some others in KMS (the Culverin server alliance) and none of them got deleted.

    No wonder KMS is 1 of the most popular games in South Korea, because they LISTEN to their people, unlike.....

    We must LEARN from KMS and Merge Worlds as fast as possible, before it'd be WAY too late, because believe me, it's already too late.... but not WAY too late so...

    Honestly im willing to buy a nx to transfer now, this should be an available option

    Yeah me too, I'd totally pay 25k nx to
    All of the server besides Bera and Reboot are almost empty now. Most people don't enjoy playing in a ghost town which leads to less players overall. Recommending new players to create a character in Renegade which is a empty server is a huge turn off. We just want the old maple; being able to socialize and team up in party quests. So many people have brought up this issue and this is really affecting the player base.

    Enough is enough, LET the Merge Worlds (Bera + Reboot) begin !

    I say keep ReBoot out of the merging. They have enough players as is.

    I won't let this thread die until we get a response that ISN'T a Volunteer Mod. We have a manager here now.
    saladsenpaii
  • PrexyNLPrexyNL
    Reactions: 200
    Post: 1
    Member
    What we need to do is restructure world alliances. Have the various low populated servers merged into one server with a new banner. We have far too many worlds and not as many players. What we also need to do is allow players from super populated worlds the ability to xfer to these newly minted worlds, but not the other way around.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 35,375
    Posts: 5,191
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    PrexyNL wrote: »
    What we need to do is restructure world alliances. Have the various low populated servers merged into one server with a new banner. We have far too many worlds and not as many players. What we also need to do is allow players from super populated worlds the ability to xfer to these newly minted worlds, but not the other way around.

    That's how we ended up in the current mess.
    Scania and Windia were considered "too populated" for Nexon to allow transfers in - which resulted in everybody who wanted to be in a big world transfering to Bera. Including a lot of Scanians and Windians, leaving those worlds underpopulated.

    What I think should be done is:
    1. If possible, ally Bera, Scania, Windia, Broa, and Khaini, and add at least 10 channels to the resulting highly-populated world. If adding channels is not feasible, then leave Bera separate but ally the other four into a healthy-sized world.
    2. Ally MYBCKN and GRAZED. The result should still be small enough for those who like quiet worlds.
    3. Issue all characters a World Leap Coupon. This will allow people to move, if they find themselves in a world too crowded or too empty for their liking. Unlike a World Leap Event, this will work for people who happen to be on a break while the restructuring is going on, and then come back for Christmas and don't like where they ended up.
  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    Reactions: 1,080
    Posts: 70
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Xionicomad wrote: »
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    Alantino wrote: »
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    nope, would be nice for some real world merges though, and no more world alliances

    The world merge idea may lead to character deletions since you are turning multiple worlds into 1 world. I made some characters in the other worlds in GRAZED for storage and when I want to replay a certain class, those classes would be deleted. It was fun to use other worlds within the same alliance to bypass the 5 cubes per month from RP limit.

    dude, KMS has merged 15 worlds into 1 world, 7 worlds into 1 and so on, which is how they got down to 10 servers, and when EMS was added to GMS they merged their 2 worlds, and in both cases, there were no character deletions. it's an irrational fear. the most that will happen is that you would be prevented from making new characters if your overall character count was 43 or above.

    KMS use to have about 30+ worlds to choose from, now they have 10 or 11, and that's because they added 2 rather recently (only talking about normal worlds)

    if you need a refresher Read These posts that talk about 10+ servers being merged into 1, and those were only the ones I could find after remembering key words to find them, but there were several others.

    how do you think they went from This (+ 11 more because this just shows post merge of 12 servers to 1) to This (It's from the V update so doesn't have the Arcane server added ) 5 of the servers on the list (Union, Elysium, Enosis, Aurora, and Luna) came from being massive merges of many (10+) dead servers. I had characters in an allianced server in KMS that eventually got merged with the other 3 servers in it's alliance + some others in KMS (the Culverin server alliance) and none of them got deleted.

    No wonder KMS is 1 of the most popular games in South Korea, because they LISTEN to their people, unlike.....

    We must LEARN from KMS and Merge Worlds as fast as possible, before it'd be WAY too late, because believe me, it's already too late.... but not WAY too late so...

    Honestly im willing to buy a nx to transfer now, this should be an available option

    Yeah me too, I'd totally pay 25k nx to
    All of the server besides Bera and Reboot are almost empty now. Most people don't enjoy playing in a ghost town which leads to less players overall. Recommending new players to create a character in Renegade which is a empty server is a huge turn off. We just want the old maple; being able to socialize and team up in party quests. So many people have brought up this issue and this is really affecting the player base.

    Enough is enough, LET the Merge Worlds (Bera + Reboot) begin !

    I say keep ReBoot out of the merging. They have enough players as is.

    I won't let this thread die until we get a response that ISN'T a Volunteer Mod. We have a manager here now.

    Sorry my bad, what I meant when I said Bera + Reboot is that we should merge everything into Bera (regular servers only into Bera) so we'd have Bera and Reboot only.
    My apologies.
    saladsenpaii
  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    Reactions: 1,080
    Posts: 70
    Member
    edited June 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    Yeah, I think Nexon should merge the worlds into 2 worlds excluding Reboot. It feels very lonely in the empty worlds and so I stopped playing on Maplestory as much. This topic has been brought up so many times and a lot of the players would really like a world merge. Because of the dying worlds, people stop playing as well and it's honestly not fun when you are basically in a ghost town. I wish Nexon would acknowledge this issue and take a step because a lot of us don't want to play in empty servers.

    Wrong.

    We need 1 world excluding Reboot (so 2 worlds in total).

    Hear me out please.

    The reason as to why SO many people are thinking that way (Bera and Reboot only) is because we all understand know and see the reality exactly as it is.

    And our point is that even if we'll do as we just said above (Bera and Reboot), I truly doubt we'd have THAT many players.... because except Bera and Reboot.... it's all ghost towns... so if we merge everything (excluding Reboot) into Bera, I doubt that the change would big THAT big.....

    But everyone are still thinking that way and saying that because it's soooo much better than now and so much better than 2 worlds + Reboot.....

    Hope you'd understand us! thanks :)

    Okay yea I see what you mean. I guess the reason why I said 2 worlds is because there are so many botters and hackers in Bera but if Nexon got rid of them, the training spots and the population overall will decrease by a lot.

    Smart, very smart!
    Wish we had a GM like you.
    AKradian wrote: »
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    Yeah, I think Nexon should merge the worlds into 2 worlds excluding Reboot. It feels very lonely in the empty worlds and so I stopped playing on Maplestory as much. This topic has been brought up so many times and a lot of the players would really like a world merge. Because of the dying worlds, people stop playing as well and it's honestly not fun when you are basically in a ghost town. I wish Nexon would acknowledge this issue and take a step because a lot of us don't want to play in empty servers.

    Wrong.

    We need 1 world excluding Reboot (so 2 worlds in total).

    Hear me out please.

    The reason as to why SO many people are thinking that way (Bera and Reboot only) is because we all understand know and see the reality exactly as it is.

    And our point is that even if we'll do as we just said above (Bera and Reboot), I truly doubt we'd have THAT many players.... because except Bera and Reboot.... it's all ghost towns... so if we merge everything (excluding Reboot) into Bera, I doubt that the change would big THAT big.....

    But everyone are still thinking that way and saying that because it's soooo much better than now and so much better than 2 worlds + Reboot.....

    Hope you'd understand us! thanks :)

    Why does it bother you so much if a few people who would rather play in a low-population world, get to do so?

    Of course it doesn't bother me, it none of my business what people wish for.
    But we must keep in mind that a server with just a few people, isn't really worth the $
    This is why, for example, in a normal country (and not a 3rd world one), there's only 1 president.

    A lot of people disliked Trump and yet he won, and there is nothing to be done about that! why? because the majority determined that Trump will be the president.

    Again, that was just an example, so don't try to catch me with my own words, lol.

    But in any case, here in GMS, the majority who wants 2 worlds (Bera and Reboot) isn't 51% or 60%, it's (and I can bet on 1,000USD) that's 80% (and probably more than that) for sure, no doubts!

    But than again, if there's like, let's say 5% in GMS that want to be in an empty world, no problem, but there are so many people, literally a LOT of people who really tired of being in an empty worlds, like me, I'm in Scania, and everytime I log on I truly feels as if I log on for nothing... I can't even find people to talk with.... and even when I do find like 1-2 people, they're 24/7 afk....

    Also it seems like you're a little bit against this whole idea of having 2 worlds (Bera and Reboot), am I right? how so?

    I am against the idea of having 2 worlds because I am one of those 3% or 20% or whatever number you'll make up next, who like peace and quiet.
    I don't know why you insist on forcing me into your idea of a perfect world.
    As for Nexon's $, let them worry about that, not you.

    I'm all for letting the people who want to be in a bustling, active, heavily populated world, to live in such a world.
    Which is why I think we need one big non-Reboot world, and one small one. And to figure out a way to let people be in the world they prefer, even if they are currently on hiatus and come back next Christmas or something.

    I actually agree with you.
    3 worlds.

    Reboot.

    Bera - those who want a Super Big World, let them join Bera!

    Scania (for example) - the dead server with barely 5% of the population of GMS, who wants dead server, dead maps, dead places, etc.

    Yes, that actually sounds like a good idea.

    And again, as you said, we must let people choose, if people want dead world, let them be there (they'd probably regret later just like many other people who decided to stay in Galicia instead of moving to Bera cus they want free training maps, etc, but after everyone ditched Galicia, and they stayed and than the event was over, they started to cry a river....)

    But than again, you can't just lock us (97% of population) who wanna go to Bera, to the Big World! and keep us here in Scania, with you, the ones who like this dead world, this is completely unfair and should be fixed as fast as possible and not in the next 1-2 years.

    Last thing.
    Do whatever you want, stay in dead server or go to the Big World (Bera), but we must keep in mind that nature of human being is that he/she wants to be around/with people.

    Most of normal people will never agree to be alone (same in real life)

    How many people are not getting married? and how many people are getting married? that's right.
    Because human being nature tend to love and be sociality with/around people, it's just nature, that's a fact, a law of nature.

    So it just make a lot of sense that the overwhelming majority of GMS would rather be with as many people as possible (Bera).

    But than of course, there is always the minority who actually love being alone, etc, so as you said, let them be.
    saladsenpaii