[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Plant Growing Buff Bug in Textbox/Lag

MiraMira
Reactions: 1,035
Member, Private Tester
edited May 30 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Functionality

Brief bug summary: Ever since the plant growing event, after using one of the buffs you get after getting your 4 golden leaves for the day, I am constantly spammed by a message saying 'You could not acquire the effect' depending on the level of buff used. On my Mage, I used 3 different levels, so I get 3 messages every time I switch channels, come out of the cash shop, etc. My Phantom only used 1, so I only get one message. I also get a massive lag spike every time those messages appear (which could potentially be why the game has been running like crap the last few weeks - if everyone in the game is getting a massive lag spike from these messages...). Either way, this problem really needs to be addressed, especially since the event is now over and I am still getting plagued with these messages. =/

Steps to reproduce: Use any level of the plant buff, let it wear off, and then switch channels/cash shop

Character name: Mirazja/Spyralle

Character level: 232/215

Character job: F/P Arch Mage/Phantom

World name: Scania

Date and time of the incident: Has been happening throughout the whole event, up until and including today at 8:00pm EST.

Comments

• UfologistUfologist
    Reactions: 200
    Bumping this because the event has long since ended, and I also still get spam of this message every time I change maps, etc.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 1,035
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 10
    Rebumping - this issue is causing a crapton of unnecessary spam, but more importantly, it causes a LOT of lag when the messages are trying to load. This whole issue with the laggy servers started when the Harvesting event started - coincidence ? Perhaps... But I really think that this is one of the issues that is causing the server instability - if all the people in a server are getting these lagging messages, that's putting unnecessary strain on the servers. I don't know why this bug occurred in the first place, but it needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 31,815
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited June 10
    I have forwarded the issue.