[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Guild Join Request enhancement

YxarYxar
Reactions: 1,060
edited September 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I don't know if anyone else feels this but as a guild recruiter its hard to get people join if they don't know how to accept an offer, a lot of people out there thinks that clicking on the guild join request will automatically get them in, but they actually have to go and press a "send request to join" button, which most of them might not find at first, of course i've had those times where the person actually asks how to join after they see they're not in the guild after pressing yes, and then i can explain how to re-do it, but most other just assume they did it correctly and go away, losing a potential guild member, so:

How about we turn the "send request to join" part into a double yes, with a pop up asking: "are you sure you want to join?".

I think this would be more UX oriented and easier to understand.
Any other ideas are of course welcome.
happy mapling :D
NumbNinjaBIackbean

Comments

• NumbNinjaNumbNinja
    Reactions: 995
    edited September 2016
    I agree, majority of new maplers don't know how to join guilds via sending request. An easier way to add ppl into guilds would be helpful. Also a guide management tutorial would also help Co-leaders/jr to learn how to work the guild UI.
    Yxar
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2016
    What I don't get is why directly inviting someone into your guild still requires them to go and send a request to join. It's backwards and counter-intuitive.
    AKradianNiightseekerYxarBahamut_X
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited September 2016
    Aggraphine

What I don't get is why directly inviting someone into your guild still requires them to go and send a request to join. It's backwards and counter-intuitive.
    I can definitely see how it can be confusing for newer players, or anyone that hasn't joined a guild before. Thanks for the feedback everyone :)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Aggraphine

I can definitely see how it can be confusing for newer players, or anyone that hasn't joined a guild before. Thanks for the feedback everyone :)
    Confusing for new players or new-to-guilds players, yeah. But beyond that it's just stupid as hell. If someone in a guild, with the ability to invite people to the guild, sends an invite to someone, you would think that, following conventional logic(the very same used for party and buddy requests, mind you), you would be placed into the guild upon accepting said invite.

Instead, the invite apparently means absolute bupkis, and, in order to join the guild you have just been invited to, you must apply to that very same guild?

• BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited September 2016
    yes totally fix the entire guild system. and definitely fix guild chat. and also even when we decline people who requested it still shows them there. And no, they didn't request again after i rejected em because they're alrdy in another guild