[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Private Channel

PerezDeQueya80PerezDeQueya80
Reactions: 1,155
edited April 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hey, another great idea here from Perez!!! .... .... ._.
Ok, thinking about grind in "overused" map that, especially in exp events, are duly low in burning, I think that in addition to the 20 channels (or make one of them) we can have a singular private channel where we can enter alone, burning field level is individual and we can activate a sort of kishin consumption mechanism (about cumulative 24h a month?).
What do you think???

Comments

• PerezDeQueya80PerezDeQueya80
    edited April 2020
    I thought about the effects on preformance on the servers, but it is necessary to lighten the code by bypassing everything related to contact with other people who cannot take place in this channel
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    Your main concern is the burning level of popular maps? I assume you're in reboot then.

Would these private channels or instanced maps be available for every semi-popular map in the entire game? For every map that hackers destroy the burning on too? How many instances would be available? Because not even Bye-Bye was unlimited and wasn't always burning either.

So you want private maps, with some level of constant burning, and also with free kishin for some reason.
    It's probably not gonna happen. It's not even necessary.
    PerezDeQueya80
    edited April 2020
    I am in luna server and in fact I hadn't thought about hackers ... ok, trash the idea :)
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    Oh, if you're in Luna you should be able to buy firestarter casts or a firestarter ring of your own, which puts the burning at 100% upon use, with a 30 minute cooldown.
    edited April 2020
    Yes, firestarter ring is wonderful... but the big problem is that... I am poor...
    mesos pl0x... XD
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    The "Burning Fields" mechanism was added for the purpose of encouraging people to train at maps other than the "best".
    Making an always-burning best-map available to everyone, defeats the entire purpose. Might as well remove burning entirely and just put the game on perma 2x exp.
    PerezDeQueya80Fuhreak
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited April 2020
    well if you're 200- basically any map near lvl range is good exp, just pick one with 100% burning and start grinding. It's quite low difference between grinding in "best" maps with firestarter and some random maps with regular 100% burning.
    200+ some maps are quite horrible to grind (bit too big map and low spawn) so that causes problems on some cases, like during exp event. Though the later areas aren't that crowded as VJ and chuchu island.
    in kms recent patch they modified some maps spawn rates and map overlays so more maps would be nice for grinding so that should come here in about 6 months.
    PerezDeQueya80
    edited April 2020
    Ok, and... what about two new runes that reset burning field (if under 100%) or activate a frenzy totem cast?
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited April 2020
    there used to be a rune of frenzy which was removed. that was quite close to frenzy cast.
    firestarter effect on rune would be quite nice but it would take more than 2hours to get one if you're bit unlucky so that wouldn't really change anything.