[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

This is becoming a joke

whotookmyignwhotookmyign
Reactions: 300
edited May 2020 in Tech Support
G'day,

For nearly a week I have been trying to play maplestory but I'm CONSTANTLY getting booted 5 - 10 seconds after my character logs in and receive this NGS update error: 0xe1000502(-520092414). Is there a fix for this at all?

I have tried everything from reinstalling maplestory (a dozen times), using the repair the game option, reinstalling the black cipher file, sfc /scannow etc and have still had no luck.

I thought I would come back to maple after having a 3 or so year break and was really looking forward to playing again but this is really becoming a bit of a joke.

I doubt I will be able to complete any of the new pixel party event quests but at this point all I want is to get the game to just work :(

Any help/tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2020
    Did you try restarting your computer?

Two previous threads with issues similar to yours seem to indicate the issue was fixed after a restart and, possibly, a reinstallation of the Visual C++ libraries.
  • whotookmyignwhotookmyign
    edited May 2020
    Yeah done all the usual stuff (restart etc).

Cheers for that, will check it out

EDIT: Tried the reinstall of Visual C++ libraries, done a restart after that and I still have the same issue of DCing as soon as my character logs in.
  • RebeccathjueRebeccathjue
    Reactions: 800
    edited May 2020
    same problem for some days too
    maplestory start up and then its gone..
    cant login
  • whotookmyignwhotookmyign
    edited May 2020
    I'm guessing there are heaps of people having this same issue. Hopefully it gets fixed asap.