[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reward Points Farm

2LoveNx2LoveNx
Reactions: 200
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi Nexon, we need new farm reward point mode because star planet is removed, a lot people whose cant have nx from game cards and need a new mode to get reward points since bosses are limited ... thank u <3 </b>

Comments

• DeadMalcolmDeadMalcolm
    Reactions: 1,640
    edited November 2016
    Wait planet star is gone? RnJ nerfed where the heck ive been?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Monster Collection is the new way to get Reward Points.
    Though they nerfed that, too.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    DeadMalcolm

Wait planet star is gone? RnJ nerfed where the heck ive been?
    RnJ was toxic. It needed to be nerfed long before it was (and indeed it was nerfed long before in KMS, but GMS chose to ignore that change to RnJ for another ~6+ months after we were supposed to have gotten that change).

Star planet was not used by anyone (less than 1% of players used it daily), and was always being used for absolutely massive exploits. It needed to go.

Both of these were positive changes for the game
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited November 2016
    If Nexon added obtainable Reward Points through monsterlife, they'd be hitting 2 birds with 1 stone.

Players will be able to "make up" for the reward point loss from Star Planet (as if it's removal actually mattered in the first place; it was dead after 3 days in GMS, and embarrassment compared to cross-world PQs, which was already dead thanks to the contribution of RnJ PQ being the only good PQ, which never seemed to show up in cross-world PQ),
    and Monster Life will no longer be on the long list of failures that Nexon keeps in the bottom of their Maplestory-themed file cabinet

Complete a Monster Life quest: 100 Reward Points (These are actually somewhat hard to fulfill depending on the quest). Up to 1000 Reward Points Daily.
    Combine 5 monsters: 20 reward points. (Daily)
    Get an A rank monster through combining: 20 Reward Points.
    Get an S rank monster through combining: 50 Reward Points.
    Visit a farm: 5 reward points
    Level Up: From level 1-8, 50 Reward points. From levels 9-12, 100 reward points. From levels 12-18 (where it starts to become difficult): 200 reward points. Every level beyond that grants 300 reward points.
    Cash out Warus for Reward Points: 1,000 Warus = 10 Reward Points (Up to 500 reward points can be given daily this way).
    -Rare chance to give Reward Points when playing with monsters (Per Monster): 10
    -Rare chance to give Reward Points when collecting (Per Building): 20
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    AznboiE
    AznboiE said:

If Nexon added obtainable Reward Points through monsterlife, they'd be hitting 2 birds with 1 stone.
    No.

MapleStory Mileage (Reward Points) should be earned by playing MapleStory, not side-projects that use Maple sprites.

I'll copy yet again something I wrote in the old forums and already copied to a thread on these forums once (but it was page 6 so probably went unseen):

What do people do in this game, other than bossing (which is already Rewarded)?

1. Train (kill non-boss mobs). Normally I'd Reward this. However, with the state of botting in the game as it is, it's a bit problematic. I think it would be safe to give 50 RP for the first 1000 mobs in your level range that you kill, per day. Any more grinding than that, give you nothing. (And, like bosses, this is once per day per account).

2. Craft and Harvest. I'd say get one RP per fatigue point spent, up to some daily limit.

3. Quest. Every quest completed should give a Reward Point, same as they now give guild Contribution. Longer quest lines can give an extra bonus. However, since they're not repeatable, it doesn't really matter either way.

4. Party Quests, and other daily/hourly content (such as DI, Evo, Commerci solo voyages, Kritias Invasion, Flag Race, vaious events). Those that don't have a final boss that already gives RP, should give some RP per run (or just for the first run in a day).

5. Merchant. We should get some RP per hour of having a shop open, up to some daily cap. Note that goldfarmer bots have shops too. Maybe this will give Nexon some motivation to hunt them down and close them.

6. Enhance gear. Using scrolls, cubes, spell traces, star-force, stamps, hammers, etc, should all give some Reward Points.

7. Socialize. I'd like to Reward being social in-game, but I'm afraid this will just lead to people spamming chat. If anyone has a suggestion on how to do it right, I'd love to hear it.

8. AFK. Logically we should consider Rewarding time logged in (much the same as we get guild Contribution and Willpower for it). While I'd personally gain from this since I'm logged in 24/7, I'm not sure it's justified. It's not like you're playing the game while afk, even if your character serves as decoration for others and an illusion of game activity for Nexon's shareholders.

Note that for all this to not be a pain in the neck, the requirement to go in Cash Shop after every 10 times of earning RP should be lifted. If Star Planet can let you play however many games it takes to get to 1500 points before forcing you to "settle" in the Cash Shop, so can MapleStory itself.

KerBansot
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Reward points should be earned from PQing and bossing with others
    JettLuvsU
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    As far as i remember, bosses and elite monsters can drop Reward points in KMS, i also guess they get twice the amount of RP as in GMS, since in EMS(which was a mirror of KMS and GMS) had double the amount of rp per boss(i guess they made give 50 for each normal boss so we couldn't get much cubes f3), even before the remove of star planet it used to give more than GMS in there.