[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Howling Gale Stops Gaining Charges Upon Damage

FakerIsUFakerIsU
Reactions: 305
in Bug Reporting
Upon Taking damage when beginning to cast Howling Gale and consuming both charges with <Wind Archer>, it fails to summon and Howling Gale first appears to be charging but does not increase charge count and becomes permanently unusable until disconnected from server and relog.

This occurred 3 times to me, the first happening when farming unripe/ripe wolfruits (details unsure if I was hit by a birdshark), the second during a Hard gollux run after getting hit by black breathe (ability was unusable for the whole run afterwards), and the third happening when far right statue of pink bean chaos knocked backed me.

Dying nor changing maps fixed this until relogged.
Fuhreak

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2022
    The issue has been reported.

Please try removing your Howling Gale node from the V Matrix, and then reinstalling it.
  • FakerIsUFakerIsU
    Reactions: 305
    edited June 2022
    Update:

I have also received this issue occurring without being hit as well during my hard gollux run today. While on the platform for phase 2, this problem occurred as well with the exception that I did not take any damage, nor did any potatos enter the center.

The solution you have provided also worked during the run, as I exited to the chest and reinstalled Howling Gale from the V Matrix.

this is indeed a bug right? Or is there some mechanic that I'm missing out on?
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited June 2022
    FakerIsU wrote: »
    Update:

I have also received this issue occurring without being hit as well during my hard gollux run today. While on the platform for phase 2, this problem occurred as well with the exception that I did not take any damage, nor did any potatos enter the center.

The solution you have provided also worked during the run, as I exited to the chest and reinstalled Howling Gale from the V Matrix.

this is indeed a bug right? Or is there some mechanic that I'm missing out on?

It's definitely a bug. It wasn't happening until this last maintenance which attempted to "fix" an issue with it.
  • KbrownKbrown
    Reactions: 500
    edited June 2022
    It seems the issue is that when inputting gale, it accepts the input as valid before checking if it actually is, and then consequently reduces the energy count.

I've experienced 2 bugs as a result of this:

1. Inputting gale during a state where it cant be casted, would permanently reduce the stored wind energy to 0.

2. Inputting gale during a state where it can't be casted would reduce the energy normally, but reaching upon reaching 0, it charges 2 energies instead of one on the following recharge. So maybe there's a bug that charges 2 wind energies per interval.
  • MC_FreddieMC_Freddie
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2022
    Same issue happened to me.

Skill is not charging after using.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2022
    Skill is still not charging after patch.
  • MimmiMimmi
    Reactions: 410
    edited June 2022
    As an update:

It has been 3 weeks and Wind Archers' Howling Gale skill is still broken. The charges don't come back properly.

Using the skill while in the air, jumping while using it, using it while any other skill is still going off/in the middle of another skill, using it while getting knocked back, etc. - it all disables the charges and renders Howling Gale useless. As you may know, Howling Gale is a huge part of a Wind Archer's kit, and it is integral to their damage output and ability to clear bosses.

The only workaround right now, aside from relogging, is to unequip the skill node in the V-Matrix and re-equip it, which is completely impractical. Especially because Howling Gale's charges bug out anytime you use skill as previously mentioned.
    Fuhreak