[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Adjust Directional Keybinds

AchnologniaAchnolognia
Reactions: 610
Good afternoon Nexon,

I am well aware this requires some coding. However, I've had a lot of friends I've been introducing to Maple see drop the game simply due to the fact that they cannot change the directional key binds. Moving with the "Arrow Keys" is enough for them drop the game.

Giving them the option to adjust the key bindings for movement to WASD [US-international] or ZQSD [French] will keep a lot of players in the game, so I believe. Would you please allow us to change the directional key binds?

"No, we will not provide you with such an option", is an answer I accept. In that regard I will inform people beforehand that the controls might not be for the vast majority of gamers and they are better off with games not developed by Nexon.

Kind regards,

Achnolognia

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2022
    I will forward the request, which does indeed come up from many new players.

However, I'd also like to point out that using the arrow keys is not that bad in Maplestory, because this game does not use the mouse in combat at all. So it's pretty convenient to have one's right hand on the arrow keys, and assign one's attacking skills to buttons in the general area of the left hand. Perhaps if you told your friends that, they'd be more willing to give the game a chance.