[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

VVorld Record Rewards

LordRedLordRed
Reactions: 1,145
edited February 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Im sure im not the only one who found this event absolutely frustrating. With the Hackers stealing certain records i was lucky enough to have been sitting from the beginning.
We had a huge issue with the Chinese New years update causing people to crash constantly, in the middle of a very important event. Luckily i was still able to hold my record, but now to my point.

1. When it comes to events like this, why was no official end time posted? I watched the event window timer for 20 days and on the last the timer disappeared all together, and for a fact it said it ended at 7pm (est), which it infact did not.

2. Dont you think an event as big as important as this one shouldn't have overlapped with so many other events? players could not take advantage of dailys and other things during these events because of the qualifications to win. ( not saying thats unfair, im saying its reckless adding so many events together because thats why we had issues to begin with)

3. Was it not as obvious to the Maple Story team that players were exploiting this event (Most damage taken) was the most obvious? I recommend the MS team surf reddit every once in awhile after events launch? people are constantly explaining exploits and other issues with said events. (obviously they wouldn't talk about it in these forums)

4. Why have weeks gone by without any mention of the rewards we were supposed to be given? Not even a "sorry theres a problem" post literally the MS team has been silent.

In conclusion, as players, especially us Veterans we just want more transparency from Nexon. Copy and pasted responses are not a "support team" and im sure theres plenty more on your plate as far as updates coming in the future. But it cant be that hard to have a admin post to the website that they are aware of said issues.
i posted this in hopes that it would move higher up the chain of command, and bring light to the issues and a little more effort out of the support staff.

Sorry for the salt,
Lohdy

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    1. Lately, all the events have wrong end-times posted. The website doesn't match the in-game calendar which doesn't match the time the event quests actually disappear. And in the case of this particular event, while the notifier disappeared, anyone who still had the dialog open could submit records even hours after the deadline. We don't know whether those submissions counted or not.

2. Nexon always runs lots of events all at the same time. We keep asking them to limit that stuff but nothing works. In this particular case, they would have said something like, "but if we only ran the world records event by itself, then people who are not interested in competing for a record would have quit the game because they'd have nothing to do." They feel they must provide us with as many events that require daily or even hourly participation, or lose our interest.

3. It probably was obvious, and some people theorize that this event is actually a trap for hackers (much like Hard Magnus was at release). We will see what happens.

4. We can only hope that they are checking the records for signs of cheating. But it's always possible that they've just forgotten about the rewards, like what happened with the "big spender" events.

In conclusion: we have no Community Manager, which means that what little information we get from Nexon is delivered by people who are doing it as a side-task added on to their full-time job. It also means nobody from Nexon is reading our concerns. From what I gather, the volunteer forum moderators (who are players, not Nexon staff) forward particularly important or urgent issues to Nexon (I'm not sure who to, there), and that's really the only channel currently open.
    Not that a dedicated community manager would necessarily communicate more, of course. Nexon has never been any good with transparency. They treat the players, by and large, as enemies from which all information must be hidden as much as possible.

Good luck to you and whoever else put in the effort to win this event.
    IvangoldLohdyLordRed
  • LordRedLordRed
    Reactions: 1,145
    edited March 2017
    UPDATE: still nothing back from the MS team about the record issue disappointed nothing was brought up during the maintenance today March 1st. officially been over a month with no mention at all of anything about it.

STILL SALTY Wont be purchasing anything from nexon until i receive my awards.
  • KnifeToKneeKnifeToKnee
    Reactions: 200
    edited March 2017
    LordRed wrote: »
    UPDATE: still nothing back from the MS team about the record issue disappointed nothing was brought up during the maintenance today March 1st. officially been over a month with no mention at all of anything about it.

STILL SALTY Wont be purchasing anything from nexon until i receive my awards.

Same here, wish they would actually do something...