[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Neither Artifact or Bun events have spare days

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2017 in General Chat
You need to max out your 10000 or 1000 points every single day if you want the grand prize (the title).

Even ignoring the Bun event being glitched right now, this is going to be fun.
The patch tomorrow is going to remove direct launch, which means a lot of Maplers will have a hard time getting into the game for who knows how long.
And then we'll likely have some kind of unscheduled maintenance, and issues with the login servers, and all sorts of stuff almost guaranteed to make us lose at least a day for both events.

Good thinking, Nexon.

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2017
    e-e I just noticed this...craaap >.<
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2017
    NnoGhN1.gif

giphy.gif
    HHG1
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I'll put it on my long list of events marked as "don't even bother", right under the Call Orchid quest.
    forumsareannoying
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    From Orange Mushroom's Blog:
    Artifact event
    You can only collect a maximum of 10,000 Artifact Points per day (this will stack over the duration of the event, so for example, if you miss the first day, you can collect up to 20,000 points on the second day). Your Artifact Points are shared across the world.

Detective event
    Each day, you can log on and complete another episode to receive rewards and find out who the culprit is.You can clear each episode once per character, and if you miss any days, you can catch up (i.e. you don’t have to finish every episode the day it comes out).
    Supposedly, you should be able to catch up on the Artifact event and the Detective event if you miss a single day. As for the Steamed Bun event, it doesn't appear to be the case, but since its title and medal grand prizes' stats expire, you are pretty much allowed to miss only one day.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2017
    HALlJ9U.png

Bun event seems kinda fun, albeit annoyingly repetitive(but hey, this is maple, what else is new), but then this happens and the only recourse at this point is to simply abandon the event.

Just like all the other half-planned content that gets added and forgotten about.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    OdysseyTwo wrote: »
    From Orange Mushroom's Blog:
    Artifact event
    You can only collect a maximum of 10,000 Artifact Points per day (this will stack over the duration of the event, so for example, if you miss the first day, you can collect up to 20,000 points on the second day). Your Artifact Points are shared across the world.

Detective event
    Each day, you can log on and complete another episode to receive rewards and find out who the culprit is.You can clear each episode once per character, and if you miss any days, you can catch up (i.e. you don’t have to finish every episode the day it comes out).
    Supposedly, you should be able to catch up on the Artifact event and the Detective event if you miss a single day. As for the Steamed Bun event, it doesn't appear to be the case, but since its title and medal grand prizes' stats expire, you are pretty much allowed to miss only one day.

I kind of understood that about the detective event (despite the description in the Update Notes being very partial) so I did not mention it.
    What you say about the Artifact event is interesting, and I guess we will see whether it's true for GMS as well (despite not being mentioned in the notice), soon enough.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    More grind based events the hype is real........ with terrible drop rate..
  • 4EvarANubie4EvarANubie
    Reactions: 815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    You guys do know that you can just do Dimension Invasion for this event right?
    Everything drops inside.
    Heck, even Rhinojinn spawns inside sometimes.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    You guys do know that you can just do Dimension Invasion for this event right?
    Everything drops inside.
    Heck, even Rhinojinn spawns inside sometimes.

What has that got to do with anything?
    I was predicting massive game login issues and downtime, which will prevent people from getting maxing their points every day. If you can't log into the game, you can't do DIPQ.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited March 2017
    Doesn't matter for artifact - the cap simply increases each day after you start it.