[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Events have ended and cannot redeem for rewards

GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
Reactions: 2,645
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I would like to note I have played during the event period and I have earned points for the Steam Buns Maestro Event which has ended today's night in UTC.
I wished to redeem points for rewards, but the time has reached to the end (12:00 AM UTC).
I was about to redeem for the points but it was too late and the NPC alongside the quests simply disappeared permanently.
I would like to ask to redeem the rewards and it's quite frustrating I'm not able to do so after doing a lot of efforts to earn the points!

Upon usking for help using the CS Chat the answer was:
"The Game Team has indeed confirmed that the NPCs are no longer in game and the points no longer exists as well and as such there is no way to verify how much points you earned and what rewards you have accomplished during the event.

I truly apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you."

This means that all efforts I did for my rewards I wished to earn was for done for nothing, and there is even no way to ask for the rewards to be given due to the end of the event.

Again, since I have been playing and spending time for the rewards - then I would like to ask at least to have the chance to claim these for a longer duration of time.

And I wish the game team to listen and go towards for the players even more than how it is today.
  1. What do you think?9 votes
    1. Agree, more time for rewards to claim should be given!
       44% (4 votes)
    2. Disagree, there is enough time and everything is fine as it's now.
       56% (5 votes)

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited April 2017
    I'd recommend not waiting til the last second to redeem rewards in the future, this situation unfortunately happens all too often where hard work is lost for these timed events. Always try to accept everything a few hours in advance. Personally I make alarms on my computer in order to keep track of when the event is going to end to make sure i have enough time to finish up and accept the rewards.
    JettLuvsUBellamazed
  • BellamazedBellamazed
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2017
    Event end time is usually indicative of the time the NPC's will cease to exist / function. If the event is over, that means the collection of rewards too.

I've voted for disagree in the poll as I believe the provided end-date gives all players sufficient information as to when they need to redeem their rewards by.
    Assuming redemption of rewards will be available after the finish time of an event is unfortunately going to bite you 9 times out of 10.
  • MonsterLifeMonsterLife
    Reactions: 570
    edited April 2017
    I feel like there should be that big blue event book that previously existed on the left side of the menu where it showed all ongoing/soon to come events for the next month or so. It was a pretty good tab to show what was going on,reward it granted,when it ended.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I feel like there should be that big blue event book that previously existed on the left side of the menu where it showed all ongoing/soon to come events for the next month or so. It was a pretty good tab to show what was going on,reward it granted,when it ended.

It still exists, they just moved it to the bottom of the screen (the green button to the right of the Cash Shop button).
    Not that it can be relied on. We've had events in the past where it showed there was a day still to go, and yet the quests ended or the NPC disappeared.

In this particular case, though, both the update notes and the event calendar showed the event ending on 4/4, so there was no reason to think the rewards could be claimed afterwards.
  • EnepttasticEnepttastic
    Reactions: 420
    edited April 2017
    Eh, while I feel the OP raced the clock, lost and should accept it with a bit more grace; there is a valid complaint in there. Chocky Day and the Artifact events both had catch-up mechanisms in place for those who missed out on a day or two early on or midway through. Thus, it isn't too unreasonable to request that later events that work in a similar fashion have a buffer of an extra day or so at the end to aid those who may miss out on the last event reward.
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited April 2017
    End of an event should just be the end, otherwise you can start extending every single event.

The event was specifically designed to last this amount of days.

The time of an event is set before the event starts so everyone knows the rules of the event, it's then your own responsibility to deal with these.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Eh, while I feel the OP raced the clock, lost and should accept it with a bit more grace; there is a valid complaint in there. Chocky Day and the Artifact events both had catch-up mechanisms in place for those who missed out on a day or two early on or midway through. Thus, it isn't too unreasonable to request that later events that work in a similar fashion have a buffer of an extra day or so at the end to aid those who may miss out on the last event reward.

The Steamed Buns event did have a catch-up mechanism, but it's not entirely clear if it was intended, and it definitely wasn't described in the event notice or in-game, and was not automatic like the Artifact one.

You could do the ingredient collection quest 10 times a day per character.
    You would not get Buxx for extra quests on other characters if you've reached the cap. But, as with the Artifact event, the cap rose each day. So if you missed out on a day, you could make it up by doing the 10 quests on each of two characters.

I don't think that knowing this would have helped OP, though. If one did the last day's quests too late, there was no making up for it. Same as the Artifact event.

I agree it would have been nicer if the "shop" quest (and the Artifact reward-collecting quest as well) could remain active at least until the maintenance today.
    GoldAdventurer