[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Suggestion for disconnecting legit players

Apocal1000Apocal1000
Reactions: 200
edited May 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Leave us legit players alone and um, maybe, ban all those botters?
Maybe some random GM tought it would be funny to kick me because i'm using EXP buffs in addition to the double EXP event?
miibs5.png

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2017
    This is the auto-detection system. You are not banned, the most that will happen is you will disconnect to the world select screen (if that happens).

Typically this occurs when you're lagging and attacking too fast. You can try slowing your attacks (particularly since you're an Evan, who has flashier skills), reducing your graphics to reduce the load, finding a more stable/faster internet connection (e.g. a library or university's connection), and so on to help mitigate the problem. For example, you could put away your big spider; the balloon drops are especially laggy when picked up because of how the event works and that may be causing the bulk of your problems.
    Since it is 2x you'll most likely see this disappear after the event ends and more players go offline as well.
  • CubzyCubzy
    Reactions: 200
    edited May 2017
    lol, rip apocal.
    And the botters still continue to do their usual stuff, like on every single map on Herb Town/Mu Lung
  • TanyaTanya
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited May 2017
    My favourite is when you are trying to report an actual hacker in the map, and you get this error because you are in a laggy hackers map. I think actual hackers have programs in place to avoid this kind of error - perhaps Nexon should look at updating it every now and again to throw hackers off.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    This is the auto-detection system. You are not banned, the most that will happen is you will disconnect to the world select screen (if that happens).

Typically this occurs when you're lagging and attacking too fast. You can try slowing your attacks (particularly since you're an Evan, who has flashier skills), reducing your graphics to reduce the load, finding a more stable/faster internet connection (e.g. a library or university's connection), and so on to help mitigate the problem. For example, you could put away your big spider; the balloon drops are especially laggy when picked up because of how the event works and that may be causing the bulk of your problems.
    Since it is 2x you'll most likely see this disappear after the event ends and more players go offline as well.

It's not a solultion to be penatalised during a 2x event. Myself I dc-ed yesterday I think 30 times on my Kanna.
    The whole reason, the game is lagging during a 2x event. Than I don't mean lag in using your skills, no lag as in mobs dieing, giving exp and new mobs respawning.

So the only solution in my opinion is as followed:
    - Improve server capacity, especially during sunday evenings 2x (most people online)
    - Fix Pet Loot Lag
    - Fix Auto detection system, so it can register properly Kanna and Evan's skills.
    - Ban Botters/Hackers, without them the server run more smooth.
    - Have GM's online during 2x events, to make sure event runs smooth and no one has issues.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    Tanya wrote: »
    My favourite is when you are trying to report an actual hacker in the map, and you get this error because you are in a laggy hackers map. I think actual hackers have programs in place to avoid this kind of error - perhaps Nexon should look at updating it every now and again to throw hackers off.

they should be updating the hack detection firmware on a daily basis.
  • iHateForumsiHateForums
    Reactions: 560
    edited May 2017

This is not true.. Here is a quote from another of my posts.
    1: Getting banned from Gm Police pop up ( Was training in HoH during 2x and decided to keep attacking through the lag spikes and got banned) Then the ticket response i got stated they had evidence which they most definitely did not.

After the gm pop up happened i had tried logging back in only to see i had a one month ban.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited May 2017

This why Nexon should allow us to trigger on/off events such as "Bizarre Balloon Bonanza" or any other event that need to pick huge amount of drops..
    Many.. Many players will turn it off during training session.. especially at x2 events..
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2017
    This is not true.. Here is a quote from another of my posts.

After the gm pop up happened i had tried logging back in only to see i had a one month ban.

A few players have reported getting banned after seeing the auto-detection, but typically this has happened after seeing numerous messages in a short period of time. I haven't heard any other reports of it recently.
    Bans themselves are handed out by GMs. I've gotten the disconnection message many times before myself.
  • iHateForumsiHateForums
    Reactions: 560
    edited May 2017

A few players have reported getting banned after seeing the auto-detection, but typically this has happened after seeing numerous messages in a short period of time. I haven't heard any other reports of it recently.
    Bans themselves are handed out by GMs. I've gotten the disconnection message many times before myself.

So basically the 2x event lag gets people banned?
    Glad to hear it hasn't been happening lately, Unless people just aren't reporting it. Since you said GM's are the ones handing out the ban my only question is this, What evidence does the Gm have other than seeing the auto-detection pop up has happened to somebody for attempting to participate in the 2x event? Clearly the auto-detection system has many false positives, Most notable would be LAG cause by the 2x events...
  • link37890link37890
    Reactions: 1,430
    edited May 2017
    I was actually playing on my Phantom last week to level up for link skill boost, and all of a sudden another phantom that was level 74; way to high to just randomly be there showed up in front of me; the game froze, and after it started working i'd been warped to the other side of the map, and then got kicked by that same message. I was at the yellow blimps in Edelstein by the Black Wing Hat seller; can't remember the name of the map right this second, but I still thought it was a strange occurrence.