[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is it possible to remove the current (bot)hackers?

SkippemsSkippems
Reactions: 200
edited June 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Dear maplers,

I have noticed that we have scheduled maintenance that take quite some time but in my eye dont improve anything gameplay related? Maybe i am blind or i don't know anything about coding and such and removing bugs. But i was wondering if it's possible for maple to actually remove the botter/hackers from maple. That's my own question.

Best regards,

Sem

Comments

• UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    It fixes server stability and events and other stuff, but not botters

Botters never die
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited June 2017
    the current botting system has a type of GM detection system which is probably what's making them so hard to ban
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited June 2017
    No, not the way you think, it's not a simple remove all of em at once.

As long as players buy mesos from em they won't stop, and even if they do they can simply sell stuff in FM, so it would depend not buying mesos and not buying anything in their shops(with large amount of elite boss drop and legend eqps).

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    Unfortunately, patching the hacks would probably take "too long". I know my share of people who could probably patch the hacks themselves...
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited June 2017
    Ivangold wrote: »
    No, not the way you think, it's not a simple remove all of em at once.

Actually the Maplestory team did implement either a mass ban issuance or a patch that actually prevented the hacks but for about a month there were no botters for a while, but it was proven to only be temporary. They have the power but not the means to do so because people will always just find a way around it. Now they could beef up security but that would drive away more players because if they were to ask for some sort of identity (other than just an unused email) to create an account botters won't be able to make more than one account, and if they did they'd have to steal someone's identity or make one up to do so, which is against the law (the prior one), but some people might not have something like an ID/DL card number because they cost money (at least in my state it does).
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Too easy to make an account.
    Too light punishment from nexon (2 week bans for hacking are you kidding me??)
    Too many in the community either are apathetic about it or unironically support hacking
    Too few GMs / inefficiently attacking the problem
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Ivangold wrote: »
    As long as players buy mesos from em they won't stop, and even if they do they can simply sell stuff in FM, so it would depend not buying mesos and not buying anything in their shops(with large amount of elite boss drop and legend eqps).

The flaw here is that meso sellers aren't the only ones botting/hackin. There are several people in mybckn using side accounts that they hack on to fund their mains.

There's also rebooties who bot mesos on side characters or just outright hack on their mains. How many off rank 250s this week in reboot? Maybe they just need another 2 week vacation that'll teach them!

:*
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    edited June 2017
    meso farming botters and the ones hacking to 200-250 and or hacking end game bosses need to be removed as soon as possible. They are going unpunished in reboot, it seems there are even hacker guilds now...

They are hacking the mini games(and probably coin generators and wondroid jump quest) as well, not sure if nexon can do anything about that though.
  • SkippemsSkippems
    edited June 2017
    As starter of this topic i would just like to know one thing from all players that have responded.

"Why do YOU still play?" after naming those points.

Best regards,

Sem
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    Skippems wrote: »
    As starter of this topic i would just like to know one thing from all players that have responded.

Best regards,

Sem

Honestly because Nexon will bring some good event that pulls me in and gets me to play. The only thing Nexon does that keeps me to play is if they keep putting out a good event. If they get stagnant, I leave. (Then there is Wondroid...which can go burn in the depths of hell) Compared to Final Fantasy 14, which I also play...they just release non-buggy content, it's not heavily infested with bots, and they have not given me problems on the communication side. Nexon has events that are near constant...but constant events don't make a good game. If Nexon would go and patch stuff like the hacks, or ya know...listen to us more (-cough Wondroid outfits in coin shop cough-) they might be able to pull a good game out of this. The gameplay is unique and there are tons of classes to pick from. The graphics are surprisingly good for a 2d game, and there is only one game with somewhat better customization...which is Mabinogi. Maple is a Diamond in the Rough, it just needs some touch ups and fixes and it would be pretty good...and I would actually recommend it to my friends. (I only recommend my favorite game to friends...Maple isn't there yet with the bot and p2w problems...Reboot is a start, but it's just not enough)
    JettLuvsU
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
    they really cant remove all hackers/botters now that tools that change your ip exist.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited June 2017
    they really cant remove all hackers/botters now that tools that change your ip exist.

They can easily track trades from people who bot. They're selling their goods in fm right now. It's so easy seriously. IP is irrelevant when trades of illegit goods of accounts hacking are being sold in fm. Could easily get a collective stream of accounts banned.
    edited June 2017
    Peep wrote: »

They can easily track trades from people who bot. They're selling their goods in fm right now. It's so easy seriously. IP is irrelevant when trades of illegit goods of accounts hacking are being sold in fm. Could easily get a collective stream of accounts banned.

the thing about that is that when people buy whether knowingly or unknowingly good that have been farmed via botting or hacking, they never purchase the max items, people buy in bunches. although their transaction is illegal, say like purchasing stolen goods in real life, the system would be unreliable. Theyd be targeting everyone that buys in bulk.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Peep wrote: »

the thing about that is that when people buy whether knowingly or unknowingly good that have been farmed via botting or hacking, they never purchase the max items, people buy in bunches. although their transaction is illegal, say like purchasing stolen goods in real life, the system would be unreliable. Theyd be targeting everyone that buys in bulk.

The problem is not the buyers. It's the sellers.
    If you (the Investigation Team) sees a character with 1000 clean slates, you can check where it got them. If it bought them, cool. But if an endless stream of characters just gave them to it for free (or accompanied by meso and epic pot scrolls), then it's pretty clear that's a botting operation and the lot of them - the account with all the css and the accounts feeding them to it - should be perma'ed.
    Or if you catch the bot in the field - again, easy to recognize, for example by their rapidly switching familiars - then you shouldn't just ban it, but also check what account(s) it gave its meso to in the past, and what other accounts fed meso or items to the same storage account, and again, ban the lot of them.

It's really not that complicated, but it requires looking at things from the server side, instead of having GMs running around client-side and taking longer to ban a single account than it takes to create 10 new ones.
    edited June 2017
    oh forgot fm was still relevant. Buy my stuff in Auction House
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

Best regards,

Sem

No idea.
  • SkippemsSkippems
    edited June 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »

Best regards,

Sem

No idea.

Haha xD That's my thought too xD!
  • UnlimitedPowerUnlimitedPower
    Reactions: 1,185
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    We can only do so much such as gather video evidence, screenshots, etc. In the end, it is up to Nexon to do something.
    Its2Sharp4UJettLuvsU