[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Extreme Bot Infestation

MarkswomanSpinMarkswomanSpin
Reactions: 1,190
edited October 2016 in General Chat
Why are ALL the maps in ALL channels at the Black Heaven Scrapyard absolutely infested with Bots?
Please Nexon, do something about this.

Comments

• KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited October 2016
    Dark World tree is full of them too.
    The same 6 blazewizards at level 224-226 keep passing me on world ranks no matter how much I train, FeelsBadMan.
  • ThrillersVNThrillersVN
    Reactions: 955
    edited October 2016
    This problem has been discussed for a long time but seems like we cant get rid of it completely,because when a GM blocked a bot,"they" just create another one.
  • xparasite9xparasite9
    Reactions: 2,000
    edited October 2016
    ThrillersVN

This problem has been discussed for a long time but seems like we cant get rid of it completely,because when a GM blocked a bot,"they" just create another one.
    Why not build up measures to thwart automated logins?
  • ThrillersVNThrillersVN
    Reactions: 955
    edited October 2016
    Everyone knows what to solve them,but the last decision is from NX to be honest.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    ThrillersVN

"They" just create another one in seconds, but it doesn't become level 224 in seconds.
    It's pretty sad that enough bots get to such high levels as to "infest" the high-level training maps and hold significant positions on rankings.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited October 2016
    i do wish we had another wall to slow down botters, like phone verification or something, something similar to nxk.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited October 2016
    ^I agree phone verification is so useful these days. It kinda makes up for our lack of SSN requirement. They should also make sure they don't allow fake phone services which can bypass it.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2016
    Can a phone verification workfor GMS with such big area to cover? i mean KMS is only Korea, but GMS is more than USA(that's already bigger), can anyone in the permited regions(to play) use their phone to verify their acc regardless of place?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

Can a phone verification workfor GMS with such big area to cover? i mean KMS is only Korea, but GMS is more than USA(that's already bigger), can anyone in the permited regions(to play) use their phone to verify their acc regardless of place?
    Depends on how much Nexon is willing to spend.

Google's phone verification will either send you a text message (SMS), or make a voice call to your phone (with a bot saying "your code is one two three four" or whatever). I think it's safe to assume that anyone, anywhere in the world, who has internet access also has some kind of phone. Even the most primitive of landline phones can handle a voice call. However, both the SMS and the voice call cost the caller money, especially for overseas calling.

If Nexon prefers to do it by sending the code via some kind of free smartphone app (either their own or something that already exists and is tied to your phone number, like WhatsApp), that could be a problem. Not everybody who has internet also has a smartphone.
  • LelouchyLelouchy
    Reactions: 305
    edited October 2016
    While we're talking about bots is there no way to ignore bots?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Lelouchy
    Lelouchy said:

What do you mean?
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited October 2016
    Usually when Nexon comes with a solution it's a temporary fix but efficiently put all bots out of commission until they find another hack source. You can usually tell when they find a patch when prices of clean slates and spell traces sky rocket.
  • LelouchyLelouchy
    Reactions: 305
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Lelouchy
    Lelouchy said:

What do you mean?
    Chat ignore, Like gold sellers and stuff.
  • Bahamut_XBahamut_X
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited October 2016
    Two factor ID already comes into play right now on other services. Unfortunately it is also one that does take time to set up. If you are referring to a mobile authenticator on the other hand there are a number of solutions. Though one would have to ask about the range of compatibility between supported devices.

Also there are those of us who play and don't have access to a cell phone for the feature.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    This needs to be addressed, I can't train in Haven maps without coming across a hacker in every channel.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    bots are everywhere especially in reb0t. the population of reboot is 90% bots?????
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

bots are everywhere especially in reb0t. the population of reboot is 90% bots?????
    If you're wondering why, they farm up an asston of mesos, then sell the entire account.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

ThrillersVN

"They" just create another one in seconds, but it doesn't become level 224 in seconds.
    It's pretty sad that enough bots get to such high levels as to "infest" the high-level training maps and hold significant positions on rankings.
    It honestly isn't even that hard to get to those levels anymore. But yes, NexonNA is really bad at banning high leveled bots, and also exceptionally bad at banning prominent community members that are cheating in the game.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

AKradian
    AKradian said:

ThrillersVN

It honestly isn't even that hard to get to those levels anymore. But yes, NexonNA is really bad at banning high leveled bots, and also exceptionally bad at banning prominent community members that are cheating in the game.
    Or prominent(let's say, rank 4 of their class on their server?) players who actively engage in real-money trades or IGN selling(again, for real money).
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited October 2016
    MarkswomanSpin

Why are ALL the maps in ALL channels at the Black Heaven Scrapyard absolutely infested with Bots?
    Please Nexon, do something about this.
    The main reason is because Nexon implements many contents of different group levels. Lets take Black Heaven as example, as mentionned here. If Nexon hasn't added Dark World Tree, then there wouldn't have been that many Lv190+ training areas. Meaning, the current contents would be more populated, so higher chance of botters being reported!

We need to adjust many high level contents to lower them or adding prequests so botters won't have access. I know this, because I have NEVER seen any of them botting in Kritias nor San Commerci. Just saying, about Commerci we no longer need to do prequest to get there so I am not sure.

Nexon did great to remove Palanquin NPC of Mushroom Shrine for now, because Ninja Castle was infested of botters.

I keep thinking we should fix the game rather than adding new contents. Nexon doesn't realize the reason of why people actually quit the game. We all agree this game is pay2win for end game bosses, but we also have SO many bugs and glitches still unfixed, I also include stuffs like Hard Magnus drops and hack detection system being broken.
    IvangoldJettLuvsU