[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Suggestion]The Legends Return event

reius123reius123
Reactions: 1,040
edited July 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Some people are probably gonna troll, but it's gotta be said. For the legends return event could we add a penalty for team members who just camp and kill off low level players. There are those who make it a sport to kill off lower level opponents to the point that others can't even play.

Penalty suggestions:
They can't play this mode for the day nor play on any of their mules.
No coins earned
Regardless of match results its counted as a loss

Why I suggest these penalties: People who camp against the other team should not be rewarded. I also notice that many of them care about their records (some of course do not) which is why I suggested the last one.

Restriction suggestion if the penalty is not passed:
During a match make it so that they don't get exp nor gold for killing off players that are lower level than them. Of course there are always those who screw around and kill for the hell of it, but this gives others less of an incentive to pursue killing off others during a match at least in my opinion. Many of these players already have their God of battle medal, and are only doing it for their own enjoyment. Again why should these players enjoy themselves when they take away the enjoyment of other players.

In conclusion, it feels bad at least for me on both ends. If I am on the team dominating the others it makes me feel bad seeing my other teammates killing 15 or so times and making a sport of it. It also doesn't feel good being on the receiving end of being dominated. I know there is gonna be people who are gonna say "more salt please" or "rage more" or "git gud scrub" or something along those lines, and my request might fall on deaf ears since it is a passing event. However, with how destructive the experience is I gotta suggest that some penalties and restrictions be placed because honestly its not fun nor interactive.

Comments

• HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Reactions: 2,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    umm.... o-o
    I think it's kinda against the rules to name-shame players o_o or i'm just mistaken.

but also i think those penalties are a bit harsh :/

other than that i don't understand your point o-o, like team members that kill off low lvl players?
    like if it's a party can't you just leave with the other low lvl players and start a new party or if it's like some kind of party quest well... you can always find other people

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2017
    Hello, please don't accuse people of harassment. Your post is fine, but please don't name and shame individual users.
    Thank you.
  • reius123reius123
    Reactions: 1,040
    edited July 2017
    @HoneyWater: The Legends return was a PVP mini game that was released in 2015. It was a star planet content back then before Star planet got removed in GMS. It came back for a short period during the most recent update. Basically you get queued up with 5 other people two of which are your team mates. You get teleported to a battle field and at the start of your match you and your team mates pick from a pool of NPC characters and your characters get transformed in to these NPC characters, and have a different set of skills. You start at level one, and start off by killing Orange Mushrooms, and Pigs. At the end of the match you and your team have a finally showdown, and the last team standing wins.

I am not against player killing or KSing at the beginning since this is a PVP content. What I am against is the level 12 or so characters picking on opponent characters that are far lower level than they are throughout the match. There are other issues too that are destructive to the players experience (i.e. get teamed up with the person who camped against your team and now that your teamed up with the player, the player just decides to throw the match) with this content, but the biggest offender is the one I mentioned.

@Neospector: My apologies it won't be happening again.
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Reactions: 2,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Interesting o_o
    I never did Star Planet x_x now i feel like i missed out on it.
    I wonder why they removed it o-o