[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Let the fake arcane symbol adapt to the zones

foussiremixfoussiremix
Reactions: 2,335
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So i had an idea for the vanishing journey quests that should make them a lil bit easier.

So you know you gain that fake arcane symbol with 30 Arcane force.
I find really mean that you have to face monsters with 80 force even though you have 30 force.
And getting carried can be difficult for people with really bad PC or laptops sie nce skills can cause fps drops and lag.

So my idea is that this fake arcane symbol should adapt to the zone you are in.
BUT ONLY IN VANISHING JOURNEY.
Like if you are in a 80 arf zone it should have it too.

Difference: It only increases damage a lil a bit that you are able to kill the erdas alone and you take a bit less damage.
Also the stats don't increase .

I just find its friendlier for players that were never in vanishing journey and have bad cpu.
I mean its supposed to be difficult but it shouldn't take you months to finish.

Its not the best idea but well.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Vanishing Journey has already been made easier than it initially was. There are no more 80 Arcane Power areas, the maximum is 60. The mobs also lost much of their HP (and EXP) so they are easier to kill. It's not easy, it's not meant to be easy, but it's doable now unless you rushed to 200 without bothering to get any gear at all.

The only real problem left with the Vanishing Journey questline is the anti-AFK mobs. They potion-lock you and then the Erdas make short work of you. These mobs were not there when 5th job was originally released, and I believe they need to be removed from the game. They were added to KMS to prevent people from AFK'ing in a map to "reserve" it, but we in GMS don't have that issue so we don't need these mobs.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Vanishing Journey has already been made easier than it initially was. There are no more 80 Arcane Power areas, the maximum is 60. The mobs also lost much of their HP (and EXP) so they are easier to kill. It's not easy, it's not meant to be easy, but it's doable now unless you rushed to 200 without bothering to get any gear at all.

The only real problem left with the Vanishing Journey questline is the anti-AFK mobs. They potion-lock you and then the Erdas make short work of you. These mobs were not there when 5th job was originally released, and I believe they need to be removed from the game. They were added to KMS to prevent people from AFK'ing in a map to "reserve" it, but we in GMS don't have that issue so we don't need these mobs.

Hmm thats true.
    The quest is way easier if there weren't these lantern.
    Its only easy for bishops since they can dispell.

Why can't GMS get rid of that thing itself.
    Its not that hard to remove one little mob.
  • SlatymateSlatymate
    Reactions: 2,150
    edited August 2017
    I don't find the anti-afk monster problematic in Arcane River, including on characters with really low funding. If you can't deal with them, it simply means you should try to be stronger before going in this region. Every mule character level 200 on my account can deal with them.
  • YoshumariYoshumari
    Reactions: 2,075
    edited August 2017
    The anti-AFK monster is an AMAZING idea. Its no harder to kill than any other mob plus if you're there you can fight it off. Something like what Snow Witch used to be from El Nath. Plus if there are any AFK hackers, it'll take care of them. I wish all the maps had something like this. Make people ACTUALLY play the game.

To me the Arcane Force... while a little difficult sometimes (can attest, I've been there)... is kinda like the Star Force. I may be wrong but it looks like it was an attempt to spread out the players so they all wouldn't bunch up in one or two maps (for example, MP3 anyone?). Not to mention that if you look at the quests to get orbs to power up your ARF, you CAN exchange some of them for something that is easier to do. I do it ll the time.

Y.K.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited August 2017
    Yoshumari wrote: »
    The anti-AFK monster is an AMAZING idea. Its no harder to kill than any other mob plus if you're there you can fight it off. Something like what Snow Witch used to be from El Nath. Plus if there are any AFK hackers, it'll take care of them. I wish all the maps had something like this. Make people ACTUALLY play the game.

When hackers have such things as godmode the anti-AFK mobs do nothing to them. Also people who auto-macro will probably kill it too.

It doesn't do any good at all. It does more harm to legitimate players than cheaters, period.
    Rolls