[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What do you use to communicate with your guild?

IAlanSatoshiIAlanSatoshi
Reactions: 610
edited September 2017 in Off-Topic Discussion
I sort of think that this might not be the right place to post it... but I can't decide where is the right place.

So, the question is: What do you guys use to communicate with your guild? But, I mean, like outside MapleStory.
Do you prefer to just have them in the game? Is that better for you? Do you prefer to add them on Facebook so you can talk whenever you want or convince each other to do some quests together so the other ones connect at the same time? Do you prefer to use whatsapp to be accesible all the time? Or perhaps, you prefer something like KakaoTalk, where you don't have to share your number or anything really personal, just your id, so you can communicate with other people?

I think this also applies to friends outside MapleStory... do you prefer to have them or not? Like, if you really get along with someone inside the game, do you add them on facebook and everything? Did something like that ever happen to any of you guys?
  1. What do you use to communicate with your guild?1 vote
    1. Facebook
       0% (0 votes)
    2. Twitter
       0% (0 votes)
    3. WhatsApp
       0% (0 votes)
    4. Kakao Talk
       0% (0 votes)
    5. MapleStory chat
       0% (0 votes)
    6. Other
       100% (1 vote)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Judging by the smegas, most guilds nowadays use Discord.
    IAlanSatoshi
  • IAlanSatoshiIAlanSatoshi
    edited September 2017

AKradian wrote: »

:o
    I've never heard of that one.
    Could you tell me more about it?
  • ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited September 2017
    My guild consists solely of my family members, so I just talk to them IRL
    DarkPassenger
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

:o
    I've never heard of that one.
    Could you tell me more about it?

Discord is a gaming app similar to how Skype works but Discord offers a lot more features and better stability than skype does. Like skype for example is limited to how many people you can have on video chat/call, but discord has no restriction, you can talk on a "general" tab anytime you like and they recently added video chat to make things a lot better. A lot of people including me, prefer Discord because it's like the best app out there in terms of communicating with people. My guild also uses Discord as well.
    IAlanSatoshi
  • IAlanSatoshiIAlanSatoshi
    edited September 2017
    I'm really interested on that app now...

Just one question. What do you have to share in order to be able to communicate with other people? An ID, phone number?
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017

Just one question. What do you have to share in order to be able to communicate with other people? An ID, phone number?

Nothing, you/other people just create a group and you invite your friends/people over to it by their user tag. You don't need personal information to chat with other people.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017

You share your Discord ID. which is just a name you pick for yourself and a number assigned by the system.
    You are invited to join the Official Maplestory Global Discord and see what it's like for yourself:
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/13606/official-maplestory-global-discord-server
    (Although the official server has no voice chat channels, while a guild Discord server usually has them)