[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hair Styles

GentleScoutGentleScout
Reactions: 700
edited December 2017 in General Chat
What happens if you changed your hair style, but like... you want your old hair style back? *more importantly the Cadena hairstyle back*

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    That's what we have the Salon feature for.
    Open your Equipment window, and at the bottom is a "Salon" button. This opens a special UI where you can save hairstyles (and faces) and switch back to them later.

However, if you changed your hairstyle before saving it in the Salon, then it's lost, for now. You're going to have to wait until it's offered through some coupon or other in the Cash Shop.
    NeonTwilightGentleScout
  • GentleScoutGentleScout
    Reactions: 700
    edited December 2017
    That is the sad part, I didn't know that you needed to save it. Thus I lost the hairstyle and its a Cadena one. Wouldn't it be better if the hairstyle was saved when you enter the game, because for new people, things like this could happen? :'(
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited December 2017
    That is the sad part, I didn't know that you needed to save it. Thus I lost the hairstyle and its a Cadena one. Wouldn't it be better if the hairstyle was saved when you enter the game, because for new people, things like this could happen? :'(

That is actually a solid idea, you can always delete them anyway if its nothing you want...hmm why is the face and hair not auto saved upon creation O.o? i mean you can legit screw up with the big wig beauty coupons you get as well but i think big head edward w/e gives you a warning in that quest i think?
    GentleScout
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Ladysio wrote: »

That is actually a solid idea, you can always delete them anyway if its nothing you want...hmm why is the face and hair not auto saved upon creation O.o? i mean you can legit screw up with the big wig beauty coupons you get as well but i think big head edward w/e gives you a warning in that quest i think?

He gives you a warning but all too many people either don't read quest text or don't understand the warning.

I think we should make a proper suggestion thread for auto-saving new characters' hairstyle and face.
    GentleScout
  • Player1Player1
    Reactions: 1,040
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

He gives you a warning but all too many people either don't read quest text or don't understand the warning.

I think we should make a proper suggestion thread for auto-saving new characters' hairstyle and face.

well even if we made a thread, would people even read it? o.o (like some game tutorials there are some who read through it and others who just click "skip" and then wonder how the heck they play the game) And although i do like the auto save feature, it might also be a hassle for NX users who spend a ton of money just getting the right hair or face for their character. So having to constantly delete them is also a problem too .-.
    I think it's just a matter of spreading awareness about the salon :o

best thing i can think of would be to change the description of some coupons (mainly the ones you get from beauty tutorial to say something like "BEFORE YOU USE THIS COUPON BE SURE TO SAVE YOUR CURRENT HAIR IN THE SALON" or something. it would also make it easier on the programmers by adding a few letters rather than making a whole program that would save the hair in the correct place for each individual character whom all have different hairstyles.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Player1 wrote: »

well even if we made a thread, would people even read it? o.o (like some game tutorials there are some who read through it and others who just click "skip" and then wonder how the heck they play the game) And although i do like the auto save feature, it might also be a hassle for NX users who spend a ton of money just getting the right hair or face for their character. So having to constantly delete them is also a problem too .-.
    I think it's just a matter of spreading awareness about the salon :o

best thing i can think of would be to change the description of some coupons (mainly the ones you get from beauty tutorial to say something like "BEFORE YOU USE THIS COUPON BE SURE TO SAVE YOUR CURRENT HAIR IN THE SALON" or something. it would also make it easier on the programmers by adding a few letters rather than making a whole program that would save the hair in the correct place for each individual character whom all have different hairstyles.

No, no, we're not talking about auto-saving every hair and face you get. Just the first one.
    This is especially important because many classes' unique hair and face that they get at creation, can't be obtained from any coupon, later, if you change them without saving.

As for people reading the thread - we only need one VFM to read it and forward it to Nexon.
    NeonTwilight
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited December 2017
    As for people reading the thread - we only need one VFM to read it and forward it to Nexon.

:*
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited December 2017
    Honestly, I rather the whole hair and face "slots" be removed. Once a player receives a style it would be permanently unlocked and added to the pool. I would be nicer still to have those styles previously unlocked removed from the random pool for a coupon so players didn't get duplicates. I highly doubt either would happen though since it could potentially lower the amount some players spend trying to get certain styles.

I do like the idea of auto saving the default hairstyle though since some players may just skill the quest with the tutorial.