[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[SOLVED] Entering Cash Shop Crashes the Game

DreamWeaverDreamWeaver
Reactions: 1,435
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2018 in Bug Reporting
**For future reference, this was caused by a defective Microsoft update.**

Bug type: Functionality

Brief summary: Accessing the Cash Shop via the keyboard shortcut key (`,~), as well as the game interface causes the entire game to crash at screen transition. This results into forcing game shutdown via logging out of my (Windows) profile, or manually rebooting my PC. This has happened consistently since the recent patch. Additionally, there is nothing to suggest this is an issue on my end, as all my drivers are up to date, and my antivirus software knows Maple and Nexon Launcher to be safe.

Character name: FenrissaLux

Character level: 135

Character job: Illium

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: January 11 - 14, 2018, after 4 PM CST

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Does this happen on your other characters as well?
  • DreamWeaverDreamWeaver
    Reactions: 1,435
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Probably...turns out it was a MS update that was causing this issue, among others. I had no idea until I plugged in a new mouse today and my settings menu wouldn't open.
  • LeoCuiLeoCui
    Reactions: 100
    After i updated the game, I can not use cash shop because it will crash.
  • afguiaafguia
    This started to happen to me after the latest update too. It's happened on all my characters Iv'e tested so far.
    I'm really bummed, cause I JUST bought things in the cash shop T.T

World: Reboot
    Problem occurs: Whenever I try to access the cash shop (via command key or cash shop button), the game crashes and I can't log back in, unless I reboot my comp.