[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

GMS patch notes lackluster compared to KMS

mjgj96mjgj96
Reactions: 1,510
edited February 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Here are the notes for the newest GMS update, namely containing the Maple Film Festival event. (I know these are just the update previews, however, I will post the full patch notes when they are released and, as I'm sure you all know, they will still fall short in providing even half of the useful information that the KMS division provides for the same content)

And here are the notes gathered and translated from the corresponding KMS update containing the original Maple Film Festival event, courtesy of Max from his blog Orange Mushroom.

There's something to be said about the differences between these two posts. There seems to be a lack of effort in providing information about MapleStory game updates to the GMS community. This isn't the only instance that proves this point. The entirety of the Orange Mushroom blog has served for years as the go-to for patch notes and information for the GMS community. The content and information is already provided and available to the GMS team creating the patch notes, yet the community of GMS still receives one lackluster patch update (by comparison) after the other. You might say that since this information is available to anyone that would like to find it, it shouldn't matter whether or not GMS decides to include it. But would that not make you wonder just how much GMS really cares about its players? I really think this should have been a cue for the producer to perhaps work with this individual to provide proper communication to players about the direction of the game (just a suggestion).

This was something that came across my mind when I saw the update preview came out for the event in GMS containing the Maple Film Festival after just having read the post on Orange Mushroom. I'd love to hear what you all think about this topic.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    I think you should have waited with this post until after we get the full update notes. Saying "I know these are apples and those are oranges but I'm going to compare them anyway" doesn't make your comparison any more valid.

Not that I disagree with you about the quality of GMS Update Notes vs. Orangemushroom's Blog. Our patch notes have been lacking in detail for a long time now. And we can't officially go "look it up on orangemushroom" because when something doesn't work for us like it does in Korea, Nexon responds with "there are some intentional differences between services." They just don't bother to list those differences.
    And when we get content that KMS doesn't have, we have to hunt down information in Chinese or Japanese and hope this is the version of the content we got.

But the right time to complain about the quality of our Update Notes is after we see them.
    We have complained multiple times in the past. Maybe this time they'll finally get it right?
    Ivangold
  • mjgj96mjgj96
    edited February 2018
    I agree that this was a little preemptive, I wrote it on the pretense of all of my underwhelming experiences with GMS patch notes and the expectation that this one will be no different. I am hopeful that they will provide more details, but realistically I don't think that will be the case. But you're right, I should have waited until the full patch notes come out before I made any point.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited February 2018
    you realize that most of the Data max uses dont come from the KMS patch notes right? they come from data miners ( that he credits if you pay any attention)

the actual official KMS patch notes are pretty much as undetailed as GMS's
  • mjgj96mjgj96
    edited February 2018
    K