[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I'm definitely missing somthing...

theLUMItheLUMI
Reactions: 840
edited June 2018 in General Chat
how come that in one week occult cubes go from 14m to 900k?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2018
    I'm confused as to why they were 14m in the first place; occults are relatively easy to obtain and not very useful.

However what may have happened is players began prepping for Ark by creating rare/epic gear, which caused a spike in price.
  • theLUMItheLUMI
    edited June 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    I'm confused as to why they were 14m in the first place; occults are relatively easy to obtain and not very useful.

However what may have happened is players began prepping for Ark by creating rare/epic gear, which caused a spike in price.

But that would make occult cubes more expensive... but they became dirt cheap, as if there is a way now to earn a lot of tradeable cubes.
  • ToreishiToreishi
    Reactions: 3,475
    edited June 2018
    I remember getting a stack of 10 or 15 tradeable Occult Cubes from either Pollo/Fritto reward or from an Elite Boss box. I got the cubes when I was training on my Bowmaster 2 days ago.
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited June 2018
    During the Anniversary event(?) occult cubes were obtainable in droves. Toward the beginning of the event I was able to sell them near 20m each (I missed the really high price spike but still made bank). Once the cubes started to saturate the auction house, the price/demand dropped way down. Recently I sold a good deal more occult cubes since I decided that most of the cheap ones had left circulation at around 16m each. Still have hundreds of them left over.

No idea why they're so expensive, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't artificially lift the price a bit when no other occult cubes were in stock.
  • theLUMItheLUMI
    edited June 2018
    During the Anniversary event(?) occult cubes were obtainable in droves. Toward the beginning of the event I was able to sell them near 20m each (I missed the really high price spike but still made bank). Once the cubes started to saturate the auction house, the price/demand dropped way down. Recently I sold a good deal more occult cubes since I decided that most of the cheap ones had left circulation at around 16m each. Still have hundreds of them left over.

No idea why they're so expensive, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't artificially lift the price a bit when no other occult cubes were in stock.

i have around 15,000 occult cubes now... i hope one day they will go back to the 10m+ price point
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2018
    I doubt it, since theyre easily available, that's all Ive been getting them regularly from elite boxes, when I fight elites.
  • NyvorNyvor
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited June 2018
    Yaa, elite boss rewards in Occult cubes has been greatly incresead lately
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Nyvor wrote: »

Jw, were they eboss rewards before or just added recently to possible rewards? Cause I don't recall every getting occults from eboss until after Ark patch.
    Extremely disappointing to open the new tanky ebosses and end up getting something I already have like +500 of untrabeable of. =l
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Nyvor wrote: »

Jw, were they eboss rewards before or just added recently to possible rewards? Cause I don't recall every getting occults from eboss until after Ark patch.
    Extremely disappointing to open the new tanky ebosses and end up getting something I already have like +500 of untrabeable of. =l

I believe they've always ( maybe since Nova patch) been an reward chance, but they may have just increased the rate and they also bumped up the numbers, sometimes I get 9 occult cubes from the boxes. I used to regularly get those useless 20% stamps, but now I get these cubes or chaos scrolls or epic potential scrolls.
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    I believe they've always ( maybe since Nova patch) been an reward chance, but they may have just increased the rate and they also bumped up the numbers, sometimes I get 9 occult cubes from the boxes. I used to regularly get those useless 20% stamps, but now I get these cubes or chaos scrolls or epic potential scrolls.

Interesting, cause I've usually/normally gotten chaos/epots and didn't really recall getting any trabeable occults (think that's the type the eboss boxes give) other than from surprise missions or certain events. Must have just not gotten the right rng rolls. o.o