[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How do I use my abilities?

Flash33Flash33
Reactions: 300
in General Chat
So I just started playing Maple Story and have chosen Ark as my first character. Problem is I have no idea how to use any of my abilities outside of a dash after a jump and basic melee attacks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Open the keyboard settings (I believe the default key is the forward slash key, "\").
    Open your skill tab (I believe the default key is "S" but I'm not sure, use the keyboard settings to check)
    Drag and drop the skill you want onto the key you want to bind it to.
    This can also be used to set hotkeys for any consumable items (such as potions) by opening your inventory and dragging-and-dropping the potion onto the desired hotkey.
    Make sure you save your changes before you exit the menu.

Most keys are usable as individual hotkeys, except keys like CTRL, ALT, and SHIFT which will activate the same skill on either side. Certain keys cannot have skills bound to them (Backspace, Tab, Enter, ESC) and the numberpad cannot be used at all (PgUp, PgDn, Home, and End can, however).
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    Open the keyboard settings (I believe the default key is the forward slash key, "\").
    Open your skill tab (I believe the default key is "S" but I'm not sure, use the keyboard settings to check)
    This can also be used to set hotkeys for any consumable items (such as potions) by opening your inventory and dragging-and-dropping the potion onto the desired hotkey.

Most keys are usable as individual hotkeys, except keys like CTRL, ALT, and SHIFT which will activate the same skill on either side. Certain keys cannot have skills bound to them (Backspace, Tab, Enter, ESC) and the numberpad cannot be used at all (PgUp, PgDn, Home, and End can, however).

Skills = K
    Stats = S
  • Flash33Flash33
    edited July 2018
    Neospector wrote: »

That worked, thanks.
  • Flash33Flash33
    edited July 2018
    One more question: I try to pick up items but for some reason it won't let me. Why is that?

EDIT: I figured it out after looking it up.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Flash33 wrote: »
    One more question: I try to pick up items but for some reason it won't let me. Why is that?

What key are you using? Default is either z or 0 on numberpad?
    Also, is it items from monsters you've killed? Is your inventory full?