[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Suggestion for the login delay.

NekudanNekudan
Reactions: 910
edited June 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I'm not too sure how many people this affects but I know it does to me on my account aswell as my partners.
There's a login delay when you first make it to your character selection screen on the EU luna sever.
The character creation tab along with remove character tab are both disabled until basically when the game connects in some way.
This is a problem.
For example, a new player creates an account and attempts creating a character but cannot due to this delay.
The delay normally lasts between a minute or two, what does that player do? Realise its a delay? Or just give a up and plays another game?

Can we get a a message saying something along the lines of then game just connecting until the delays done?
So many new potential players could just be giving up..
SlicedTimeAcgnolia

Comments

• NekudanNekudan
    edited July 2018
    Rather suprised there has been no response on this.
    All the players that may have returned for reboot and they've potentially given up on the character selection screen.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited July 2018
    It's not just reboot, I get this in bera too.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    the time it takes to load up depends on your connection and possibly other things, it used to take me about 5 minutes to connect, now it takes about <1 minute. They can still log in with their PIN, and just wait until it loads them in, they don't have to wait for the button to get color to log in. Once they do log in before the button is colored in, it will say "connecting to server" or "connecting"
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Nekudan wrote: »
    Can we get a a message saying something along the lines of then game just connecting until the delays done?

There is already a message if you hover over the button or any other disabled portion that states "loading, please wait"
  • NekudanNekudan
    edited August 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    Nekudan wrote: »

There is already a message if you hover over the button or any other disabled portion that states "loading, please wait"

Ohhh.... thats fair enough! I didnt notice that.
    Then if the suggestion happens to go anway I'd like too see it become visable regardless of hovering over a disabled button :)