[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I got banned for submitting a ticket????

TehviTehvi
Reactions: 100
edited August 2018 in General Chat
So this is what happened. One of my accounts got banned and I wanted to submit a ban appeal. However whenever I tried to submit a ticket, the website would not allow me and this screen would pop up.

https://imgur.com/a/maahDR6

Notice in the URL where it says I cannot login because I'm a "suspended user." First of all this is already straight up dumb because it means I have to create another account in order to submit a ban appeal, but luckily I have other accounts. I logged into my other account, which wasn't banned, and I submitted a ban appeal explaining my situation.

To this day, I have not received A SINGLE RESPONSE on that request. Not one. Not even an acknowledgement reply. Nothing. Nada.

After waiting around 20 days for a response, I decided to try out the live chat. I told the person I was talking to, and he said he would make sure the support team looks into my request.

Today, when I try to login to the account that WASN'T banned, in order to check on the ban appeal status, I got this exact same screen.

I didn't even receive an email saying I was banned. I literally have received zero information from Nexon. ZERO COMMUNICATION. I haven't logged on that account for months and I've never hacked or exploited on the account or anything. The only connection that I can make is that they LITERALLY BANNED MY ACCOUNT BECAUSE I SUBMITTED A BAN APPEAL FOR A SEPARATE ACCOUNT.

I plan on submitting another ticket request on this account. I'm really scared because this account is precious to me and has a lot of stuff on it. Then again so did the other two accounts. But what kind of morally corrupt company does this sort of stuff? It's ridiculous and I am so frustrated right now I'm close to tears.

I don't know what to do I just feel so lost and depressed right now.

Comments

• ZeifsZeifs
    Reactions: 675
    edited August 2018
    “Who can I talk to about my ban? Where can I turn to appeal my ban?”
    We encourage players to submit an appeal if they believe their ban is unjust. We stress the importance on how to properly submit an appeal for a game ban. You can do so by accessing the support portal, choosing the game you were banned in, and then clicking on “Submit a request.” Please choose “Account Related”, then “Ban or Suspension Appeals” as categories.

I don't know if that works, since I've never been banned. Good luck on your appeal and if you're a hacker please stop playing this game.
  • RenjiAsukaRenjiAsuka
    Reactions: 315
    edited August 2018
    Generally if a company finds out you're circumventing a ban, the subsequent accounts will get banned as well.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    RenjiAsuka wrote: »
    Generally if a company finds out you're circumventing a ban, the subsequent accounts will get banned as well.

That's not usually the case with Nexon. They very rarely chain-ban.
    In fact, they often tell people who are appealing a ban, "I'm sorry, but you will not be able to use that account again. You are welcome to make a new one and play by the rules this time."
    MisterPENGUINcarmenpop22
  • RenjiAsukaRenjiAsuka
    Reactions: 315
    edited August 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    RenjiAsuka wrote: »

That's not usually the case with Nexon. They very rarely chain-ban.
    In fact, they often tell people who are appealing a ban, "I'm sorry, but you will not be able to use that account again. You are welcome to make a new one and play by the rules this time."

So Nexon likes to go easy on people who are banned. That or they realized people can just keep making accounts making it pointless to chain-ban.
  • MisterPENGUINMisterPENGUIN
    Reactions: 2,075
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Tehvi wrote: »
    So this is what happened. One of my accounts got banned and I wanted to submit a ban appeal. However whenever I tried to submit a ticket, the website would not allow me and this screen would pop up.

Notice in the URL where it says I cannot login because I'm a "suspended user." First of all this is already straight up dumb because it means I have to create another account in order to submit a ban appeal, but luckily I have other accounts. I logged into my other account, which wasn't banned, and I submitted a ban appeal explaining my situation.

To this day, I have not received A SINGLE RESPONSE on that request. Not one. Not even an acknowledgement reply. Nothing. Nada.

After waiting around 20 days for a response, I decided to try out the live chat. I told the person I was talking to, and he said he would make sure the support team looks into my request.

Today, when I try to login to the account that WASN'T banned, in order to check on the ban appeal status, I got this exact same screen.

I didn't even receive an email saying I was banned. I literally have received zero information from Nexon. ZERO COMMUNICATION. I haven't logged on that account for months and I've never hacked or exploited on the account or anything. The only connection that I can make is that they LITERALLY BANNED MY ACCOUNT BECAUSE I SUBMITTED A BAN APPEAL FOR A SEPARATE ACCOUNT.

I plan on submitting another ticket request on this account. I'm really scared because this account is precious to me and has a lot of stuff on it. Then again so did the other two accounts. But what kind of morally corrupt company does this sort of stuff? It's ridiculous and I am so frustrated right now I'm close to tears.

I don't know what to do I just feel so lost and depressed right now.

You are nearly suspended bruh, if you look at the TOP of the screen which i've seen before. It say's and i quote.
    Cannot Sign In Suspended User.
    You probably got suspended for something, Maybe cursing in the ticket, or being rude to the GM's, Making to many Tickets on the same Matter, 24/7 Constantly contacting GM Live support to ask what's going on..
    Could've been anything.