[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Lab Server - ATT% vs Damage%

AK712AK712
Reactions: 1,840
edited August 2018 in General Chat
I'm getting conflicting information about how good Damage% is against ATT%, specifically on the Lab server.

I have two Daggers. One has potential of Damage + 6%, All Stats + 5%, and ATT + 4%. The other has potential of Damage + 11% and All Stats + 4%. I went to Henesys in different channels and asked which was better.

Three people said that the one with Damage + 11% was better. One said that "Damage +1% = All Stats + 1% = ATT + 4%." Another said that "ATT% is useless in Lab."

Three other people said that the one with Damage + 6% and ATT + 4% was better. One said that "ATT +4% is like Damage + 20%", and another said "ATT% is always at least 2x better no matter what server."

Checking the forums, some say that Damage % is better in Reboot, but ATT% is better in other servers.

Can anyone help me with this? I don't want to spend half an hour scrolling to 255 and find that I wasted Spell Traces.

Thanks,
AK712
  1. Which equip will give better range in Lab?9 votes
    1. Damage + 6%, All Stats +5%, ATT + 4%
       11% (1 vote)
    2. Damage + 11%, All Stats + 4%
       89% (8 votes)

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    I can't say with 100% certainty, but the damage/stat is likely to be better only because the items we're using typically don't have that much (m)att on them. Because we're not using things like Gollux equips and the like, that come packed with (m)att, we benefit more from the damage/all stat as opposed to the (m)att stat. That's what I've found on my equipment at least.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Somewhat simplified, the damage formula looks like this:
    (Attack) * (1 + %Attack) * (MainStat) * (1 + %MainStat) * (1 + %Damage)

Since it's all multiplicative, the most effective way to increase the result is to increase whichever of the variables you have the least of.
    In normal servers, we generally have a lot of MainStat and %MainStat, so we want to add ATT and %ATT to whichever equipment can have it.
    But In LAB, the Blessing potion passives give 4000 att/m.att and 300% att/m.att when maxed. This tips the balance and makes ATT and %ATT stats/potential on items a lot less desirable than MainStat, %MainStat, and %Damage.