[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can you buy maple points with nx?

KoreanNewbieKoreanNewbie
Im currently in Korea, (Im korean no wonder) and I use to be international students throough middle to high school and during that time, I used to play GMS.
About that time, there wasn't any of meso trading system not even in Korea. I spent about 2~3 years in Korea for private reason, and plan to go back to US. I tried to connect to the GMS, but there was IP ban. So I can't get into GMS.

The problem is, Im planning to get back to GMS, and I am mostly interested in meso trading system. I understand fully that we can buy or sell maple points to meso. (vise versa)
Question is, how to get maple points. In Korea, you can simply purchase the box that contains power-elixor + maple point coupon. (If I buy 10k worth of that box, I get 10k worth of maple points coupon).

Im not sure if GMS supports that. And there is no way that I can check because I can't get into GMS.
I tried to search about this, but only thing that I found was if I can purchase maple points through debit cards or prepaid whatever. So I'm guessing that If I fill up NX with prepaid card, then I can make that into maple points? or there is just no way that I can convert from NX to maple points

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Yes, you can buy Maple Points using Prepaid NX, in much the same way as in KMS (except we don't get the power elixirs).
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    It's the same as in KMS, but the Maple Point coupons are sold directly instead of being bundled with Power Elixirs in a package (so, you can buy a 10k Maple Point coupon in the cash shop for 10k NX).

You also need the equivalent amount of NX Prepaid (which comes from NX Cards rather than NX Credit, which is what you get when you purchase NX directly on the North American Nexon site using a credit card (there's a difference because of a history of credit card fraud in GMS).