[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

make the event storyline versus hilla beatable

JezJez
Reactions: 850
Posts: 110
Member
edited December 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
it is impossible to beat the event storyline hilla without endgame gear. this is because you will be stunned 99.9% of the time in this boss room if you are not able to kill the boss in the first few seconds

i get that bosses should be difficult. but this is an event boss, it shouldnt be impossible to solo

Comments

  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,585
    Posts: 1,565
    Member
    edited December 2018
    I barely poked her and she died...so I unfortunately do not see the difficulty issue? Care to elaborate on it, range and gear?
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 4,455
    Posts: 893
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Had no trouble with this boss myself, about 20k main stat clean with around 55% MATK.
    She died before I could really have any trouble with her. My gear isn't the best, but I'm not a fresh level 200 either.
    I'm wondering what everyone's stats are and how they stack up to this event version.
    The story version should/will probably be geared for 250 characters, but this event version should be geared for level 200 characters.
    What do your stats look like? About how much damage ARE you able to deal before she kills you?
    I think this could just be an issue of this boss being extremely punishing and while damage might be nerfed for the event, other mechanics are not.
  • JezJez
    Reactions: 850
    Posts: 110
    Member
    edited December 2018
    im lvl 210
    i can barely do any damage before just being endlessly stunned til death. its all recovery, never on the offensive

    i dont have endgame gear but why should an event storyline boss only be killable by a lvl 250 with legendary pots on every piece?
    ridiculous
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 14,340
    Posts: 2,746
    Member
    edited December 2018
    Hi I'm 223 with trash gear(two legendary, four or five unique, rest epic with one line of 6% stat) and I had no problem with storymode verus hilla.

    Kindly leave your "level 250 perfect maxed-out endgame gear" hyperbole at the door if you want anyone to take you seriously.
  • JezJez
    Reactions: 850
    Posts: 110
    Member
    edited December 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Hi I'm 223 with trash gear(two legendary, four or five unique, rest epic with one line of 6% stat) and I had no problem with storymode verus hilla.

    Kindly leave your "level 250 perfect maxed-out endgame gear" hyperbole at the door if you want anyone to take you seriously.

    then dont take me seriously? gtfo
  • ohmyuniverseohmyuniverse
    Reactions: 420
    Posts: 4
    Member
    edited December 2018
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I barely poked her and she died...so I unfortunately do not see the difficulty issue? Care to elaborate on it, range and gear?

    It's not so much the range, for me. It's more of a "squishy" issue. I'm a wind archer, so I am peek "glass cannon," and I've died like 3 times trying to kill her in story mode. I think you kind of need to be a tank class to put up with her.
    LilyflowerSlicedTime
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 4,591
    Posts: 621
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    I struggled a bit the first time on my 215 f/p (around 12k int) cause I wasn't prepared at all, but once I brought a bind with me (Erda Nova, or whatever else you have) it really helped. The rest is just avoiding stuff while getting your hits in.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 14,340
    Posts: 2,746
    Member
    edited December 2018
    Jez wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Hi I'm 223 with trash gear(two legendary, four or five unique, rest epic with one line of 6% stat) and I had no problem with storymode verus hilla.

    Kindly leave your "level 250 perfect maxed-out endgame gear" hyperbole at the door if you want anyone to take you seriously.

    then dont take me seriously? gtfo

    Lord knows enough people on here speak with borderline-absurd amounts of hyperbole, no need for another.
  • JezJez
    Reactions: 850
    Posts: 110
    Member
    edited December 2018
    okay i actually did it really easily on the billionth try wtf

    something definitely was wrong
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 14,340
    Posts: 2,746
    Member
    edited December 2018
    Jez wrote: »
    okay i actually did it really easily on the billionth try wtf

    something definitely was wrong

    Was probably just rng, something didn't go off where it did before and you were able to smack her around enough to clear it. Either way, that's good that you were able to clear it finally.
  • JezJez
    Reactions: 850
    Posts: 110
    Member
    edited December 2018
    yeah sorry i was very upset. but yeah it seems like i had double the hands or something
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 2,585
    Posts: 425
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    It is definitely RNG. I've gone in on my Phantom and gotten stunned during Tempest AND Luck of the Draw, which are my two main damaging attacks (LotD having a 2+ min cooldown), which means that by the time I can do anything I'm dead (this is a char with ~6m range). My Mage, who is around 12m range, kills her before she even attacks. The fight is impossible on my 202 Thunder Breaker. I think the difficulty should have definitely been lowered for the illusion version of Hilla, but c'est la vie.

    The biggest issue is the perma-pot lock - not sure why this is a feature in a boss. At least with Will you can remove it temporarily. =S
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,585
    Posts: 1,565
    Member
    edited December 2018
    Jez wrote: »
    im lvl 210
    i can barely do any damage before just being endlessly stunned til death. its all recovery, never on the offensive

    i dont have endgame gear but why should an event storyline boss only be killable by a lvl 250 with legendary pots on every piece?
    ridiculous

    231 here with only 16k stat, I am definitely not LPot or even prime line UPots, I strangely kill her in like two hits with my 4.5m buffed (with Alliance skills) range. Ultimately not sure where the issues lie, although I am also a Reboot player so I don't have the benefits of scrolls.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 37,305
    Posts: 5,549
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    I'm not sure everyone here is talking about the same "story Hilla".

    "Story mode Verus Hilla" is the one you fight as part of the talkative story for Hero IV. This is the "poke her and she dies" version.

    "Verus Hilla Illusion" is the one you can fight as part of the dailies for determination, and is reached by searching in the labyrinth. This one has a bit of HP and unpleasant mechanics, and can definitely pose a challenge to lower level or ungeared characters (especially if they don't know her tricks). It is not, however, "impossible".

    "Verus Hilla" can be selected at the same entry map as "Verus Hilla Illusion", and is an endgame boss intended for a party of very strong players.
    SlicedTime
  • Scania_0Scania_0
    Reactions: 205
    Posts: 5
    Member
    edited December 2018
    Does the new quest "One with the Labyrinth" require defeating the real Verus Hilla?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 14,340
    Posts: 2,746
    Member
    edited December 2018
    Scania_0 wrote: »
    Does the new quest "One with the Labyrinth" require defeating the real Verus Hilla?

    None of the quests that are taking you through the tenebris storyline are going to require you to kill the actual boss.

    You weren't required to kill real lotus for black heaven, nor real damien for heroes of maple.
  • MiwaMiwa
    Reactions: 620
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited December 2018
    Story mode Verus Hilla where you fight her the very first time needs a few tweaks, just remove the stun from the hands, or give a...I dunno, a boss stance to keep hilla from whacking you across the map and invincibility against the hand strings when you're trying to get rid of the altar, or remove the effect when Hilla approaches it and it disappears where it takes a few seconds to respawn somewhere else, making you having to rush to the altar again with the risk of getting your last skull turning pink and booting you from the boss map and forcing you to fight Hilla all over again. Not more than one of these tweaks though since it'll be a bit too cheesy just give any one of those tweaks, I mean, I know they enabled the healing but I don't think it's enough.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 37,305
    Posts: 5,549
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Scania_0 wrote: »
    Does the new quest "One with the Labyrinth" require defeating the real Verus Hilla?

    Yes.
  • AACMIVAACMIV
    Reactions: 600
    Posts: 34
    Member
    edited December 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    I'm not sure everyone here is talking about the same "story Hilla".

    "Story mode Verus Hilla" is the one you fight as part of the talkative story for Hero IV. This is the "poke her and she dies" version.

    "Verus Hilla Illusion" is the one you can fight as part of the dailies for determination, and is reached by searching in the labyrinth. This one has a bit of HP and unpleasant mechanics, and can definitely pose a challenge to lower level or ungeared characters (especially if they don't know her tricks). It is not, however, "impossible".

    "Verus Hilla" can be selected at the same entry map as "Verus Hilla Illusion", and is an endgame boss intended for a party of very strong players.

    About this, when ever I enter the boss fight, I get potion locked and I cannot heal at all. Does this mean you cannot heal in the fight at all?
  • Scania_0Scania_0
    Reactions: 205
    Posts: 5
    Member
    edited December 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Scania_0 wrote: »
    Does the new quest "One with the Labyrinth" require defeating the real Verus Hilla?

    Yes.

    Is it needed to progress with the story because otherwise you would need to find some endgame party members to help you?