[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

graphic card and processor....help!!

DarkPhxDarkPhx
Reactions: 400
in Off-Topic Discussion
Okay....i am planning on rebuilding (or replacing) my computer parts. It's an old computer, don't even know what it has currently cause I am not using it (mainly cause it's slow and running on windows 7). I know I need to upgrade to at least windows 10, but I also need to upgrade the graphics card and processor. I know what is recommended, but when I look them up SOOOOOOO many options comes up - it's confusing!!
So....I'm looking for someone to tell me EXACTLY what I should look for. Please be as specific as possible (or even include a link). Looking for something reasonable cost though cause I'm not made of money lol probably gonna take me a few months to save up for all this.
I'm also planning on upgrading the hard drive to about 1 tb if possible.....
If anyone can help, please let me know. I know computers (at least I know the more then anyone in my family), but I'm lost when it comes to rebuilding or replacing parts. lol

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2019
    It really actually depends on what you want to do and what you like. I'd recommend a different forum more specialized in PC building, like /r/BuildMeAPC. For that specific subreddit you'll need to know the following information and have it in the thread:
    • Budget
    • Operating System
    • Peripherals (mouse, keyboard, monitor) if needed
    • Where you're located (to see if you're near a Microcenter, although you probably don't have to include this since you can look it up yourself)
    • Any other personal preferences, such as overclocking, if you want

Maple specifically is an old game, specialized for single-core, and doesn't make much use of GPU features, so multi-core systems won't provide much of a boost. But if you plan on using the PC to play other games, it'd be wise to invest a multi-core system and a decent GPU.
  • нσяιƶεηнσяιƶεη
    Reactions: 655
    edited July 2019
    Neospector wrote: »
    It really actually depends on what you want to do and what you like. I'd recommend a different forum more specialized in PC building, like /r/BuildMeAPC. For that specific subreddit you'll need to know the following information and have it in the thread:
    • Budget
    • Operating System
    • Peripherals (mouse, keyboard, monitor) if needed
    • Where you're located (to see if you're near a Microcenter, although you probably don't have to include this since you can look it up yourself)
    • Any other personal preferences, such as overclocking, if you want

Maple specifically is an old game, specialized for single-core, and doesn't make much use of GPU features, so multi-core systems won't provide much of a boost. But if you plan on using the PC to play other games, it'd be wise to invest a multi-core system and a decent GPU.

My PC struggles with even MapleStory. That's a real special kind of garbo xD