[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

help me

RyukRyuk
Reactions: 300
edited September 2016 in General Chat
hello, not because eh been banned for 1 month if not hack use. please

Comments

• GimoGimo
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited September 2016
    There is currently a glitch with Water Wars causing users to be banned. I would suggest submitting a ticket and waiting.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited September 2016
    i would suggest to users to wait until they fix the problem with water wars.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    try live support, should get you unbanned pretty fast.
  • VerusAstrumVerusAstrum
    Reactions: 2,820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

Unfortunately live support actually isn't able to do much right now if the posts I've read on the matter are to be believed.

That said, I've no doubt this issue will be resolved quickly. There's a maintenance going on right now to, at least, fix the issue that's been automatically banning players. I imagine those who were banned will have it lifted during this maintenance as well though.
  • jungeatjungeat
    Reactions: 200
    edited September 2016
    L0L
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    VerusAstrum

bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

Unfortunately live support actually isn't able to do much right now if the posts I've read on the matter are to be believed.
    It's not that they can't. They have the power.
    However, they are humans acting with bot-like adherence to procedures, that they don't have the authority to override.

Their policy is such that temporary bans have to be served. Theoretically they're supposed to investigate people's claims that a ban is unjustified, but in practice they don't bother. They check their records, the records say "this person was detected using a .wz edit to modify skill properties," they figure you're guilty and send you on your way.

They could easily be instructed to unban anyone saying "I was doing Water Wars and got a 1-month ban," but until the dev team became aware of the issue, no such instructions came down, and so the CS agents had to follow procedure. It's possible that some exceptionally bright CS agent noticed the sudden influx of identical false-ban complaints, and sent a query upwards, but it is not within their authority to decide for themselves that it's a software bug.
  • VerusAstrumVerusAstrum
    Reactions: 2,820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    That was a rather wordy way to effectively agree with me! Although I didn't go into great detail, I'll say you summed up my thought process quite thoroughly there. The need for both awareness and permission to deal with the glitch is sort of the same thing as not being able to do much after all. :^)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    VerusAstrum

That was a rather wordy way to effectively agree with me! Although I didn't go into great detail, I'll say you summed up my thought process quite thoroughly there. The need for both awareness and permission to deal with the glitch is sort of the same thing as not being able to do much after all. :^)
    Not really, because by the time you posted, the issue was known to Nexon and presumably to Zendesk as well.
    The posts you based your "they can't do anything" opinion on were from before Nexon acknowledged the issue.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    im sure they will fix it eventually.