[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Concerning server lag (server side, not client)

thrakkesthrakkes
Reactions: 2,135
edited January 2017 in General Chat
I have seen some nice improvments in client side, mainly pet loot lag almost gone for my case and some more. But server lag seems more apparent and even worse past weeks. I have some theories causing this.

You know guys... There are many events related to server side right? VVorld Record is an example here and what is sad we can't deny the event participation. Then looting and killing (to register EXP and inventory permanently regardless what you do). And imagine ALL server permissions for killing or looting from antihack system (the hack d/c message pop-up). Like c'mon, why do we still have an anti-hack system here? It hardly affects hackers and hurts legit players. How do you think certain players get locked from opening too many Nodestones past few weeks ???? Then, the bug/glitch with %damage reduction and the potential line % chance to ignore %damage.

Message to Nexon here and I have a high hope you (Nexon) consider these:
-First, remove the antihack system please, any system related to a specific Use item (nodestone), or EXP rate, ANYTHING.
-Also, I would so love if we can decide to start event quests IF WE WISH. Like, I don't wanna do VVorld Record cuz of lag reason, so why do i have to suffer for Record??
-Review how client side transfer information to server side for quests as example and extra EXP from killing with multiple bonus EXP, including 2x event.
-Consider getting even more CPU to run servers more smooth??? Don't say we are wrong like you did to my guildy, who has excellent internet connection, even tried everything one of your GMs suggested him but no fix.
-Review memory usage from graphic for maps with special feature, mainly in Chuchu Island in all maps of Torrent Zone (1 2 and 3), Hidden Torrent Zone and one map between Torrent Zone 3 and Hidden Torrent Zone. Can d/c easily for some players if killing and moving across map too fast. Then Clocktower in Lachelein, also a huge memory usage and i think all these maps memory usage can interfer with upload from client to server side.
- There is still a problem with Event Hall !!! PLZ remove all exchange options from Maple Admin NPC and maybe old quest datas from Maple Admin and Cassandra.

I am pretty sure Nexon can answer to some technical questions right here!!! I don't see why it would be confidential and what can hurt the company if telling us the issues or if saying we are finally right! Also, ask other MS version presidents if they have so much coding system similar to us, because in other versions they don't have lag issue !!!! Or very rarely. It's time to do your own client side optimization as you NEVER wait for KMS since they have 0 issue.

Every forumers are welcome to join discussion. This is a request Nexon, we need some answers and if there are some points you consider changing if NOT all.
Jacaru
  1. Guys, do you think I am:14 votes
    1. right?
       71% (10 votes)
    2. half right?
       7% (1 vote)
    3. wrong?
       0% (0 votes)
    4. I don't know
       21% (3 votes)

Comments

• thrakkesthrakkes
    edited January 2017
    We want most points fixed, mainly Event Hall lag and hack detection systems and all things related to transfered datas (client>server side and vice versa). DONT do tests in Nexon base, be far away with decent computer, not gaming one with decent internet connection, east coast.
    Bahamut_X
  • Robi02Robi02
    Reactions: 350
    edited January 2017
    Nexon did an urgent maint this night (europe) to fix lag issues..and what did we get.MORE LAG!. So no one can enjoy the double exp event. I rather they cancel the world record event and then have a stable server. Or throw in less events. People prefer stable servers above a lots of events. Or even better. Get some better servers to host all the events smoothly. But I doubt a Nexon staff member would read this...
  • ShaderclouseShaderclouse
    Reactions: 1,150
    edited January 2017
    the lag now its X11 :/
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    edited January 2017
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10084/fix-the-gm-hacking-police#latest

Looks like hack d/c system happens to a lot of legit players. I don't think it affects hackers because they will always find a way to avoid this.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    edited January 2017
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10018/event-hall-lag#latest

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10112/thoughts-about-gms#latest

There is also something wrong with Event Hall. Most players have some freeze there mainly caused by Maple Admin NPC and maybe Cassandra.

I have suggested an alternative solution. Making new maps inside of Event Hall JUST for these NPCs. I don't think it has been considered yet ... And because of that, not many players are doing Lunar new year event, including myself.
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited January 2017
    I have played Nexon games for 9 years straight and here is what I can tell you.

People have been complaining for years and some things gets fixed while others don't.
    So if you are expecting all of the issues you listed to be fixed by Nexon then you aren't in reality currently.

Mabinogi/Maplestory/DFO/Vindictus/DN

All great Nexon games however I seen issues related to all of those games that never were fixed.
  • dasGreatBeastdasGreatBeast
    Reactions: 400
    edited January 2017
    Couldn't to jewel craft event and now the firework event
    Inferno wolf portals crash me so cant get abso weapon
    Is a good game but is new year
  • JacaruJacaru
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited January 2017
    Chukki
    Chukki said:

I have played Nexon games for 9 years straight and here is what I can tell you.
    People have been complaining for years and some things gets fixed while others don't.
    So if you are expecting all of the issues you listed to be fixed by Nexon then you aren't in reality currently.
    Mabinogi/Maplestory/DFO/Vindictus/DN
    All great Nexon games however I seen issues related to all of those games that never were fixed.
    -------------------------------------------

Things not fixed for 9 years doesnt mean us players should stop trying (wich you didn't state, but are implying on) so that game would still be laggy for another 9 years and eventually die, denying Nexon their profit.
    If Nexon wants to keep doing business with Maplestory NA + EU they have really no other choice than do something about it.
    Because it seems like they are not, they make their customers look bad, and even worse, when 1st world problem fix suggestions like these are finally posted.

Nexon is useless, and keeps regenerating an infinite ring of disappointment.
    I hope that, whatever money could be used on improving the servers, is NOT personally spent.

ShakaAlek
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    edited January 2017
    I approve this lol.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    edited January 2017
    Here is one more link. Most players think Nexon is incompetent: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10168/the-complete-laughability-of-nexon-s-incompetence#latest

So, one question for Nexon. Why don't you try to play MapleStory AWAY from Nexon base on 2x events or on moments it's loaded of players? That would be the BEST way to reproduce the issue.

*Note for players: Does it happen you remove dust in computer base?