[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Suggestion] make 2x/3x exp consumables perm

bumbertyrbumbertyr
Reactions: 6,610
Nexon
edited January 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
As in they dont expire from your inventory for the time being. As we are all aware, theres quite a bit of voth client and server sided lag that is happenimg at the moment which is a cause for concern as 2x exp events are being hosted. As it stands i frel that players are veing pressured to fight yhrough the lag and train in order to utilize the coupons before they expire, which in the end backfires as from player accounts and my own experiences sometimes the lag actually causes you to get less exp from the 2x event even with all the multipliers you have active. Dont get me wrong, i'm extremely gracious for the 2x events, however at this time it just doesn't seem like its appropriated to host them with the current amounts of lag.

If the consumables being made permanent isnt a viable option, the. Id like to at least throw onto the table having them extended by at least a couple of months to give you guys time to get the servers into a more playable state during 2x exp so we can thouroughly enjoy and utilize the bonus multipliers that we've been given.
Booberpuppynsbhyfr

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    I don't think there's any chance of Nexon giving out as many permanent coupons as they do expiring ones (Enjoyable Winters notwithstanding). However, I agree that all these coupons that expire in a week or less do stress us - and the servers, when we force ourselves to play despite the lag - too much.

I think that all exp coupons given during a certain event period (patch), should have the same expiration date, which is the end of that period. Just like some event boxes (V boxes did this, for example). This will allow them to stack in inventory, and last a decent amount of time, while still not allowing people to stockpile vast quantities of them.
  • OlueOlue
    Reactions: 645
    edited January 2017
    The point of the expiration date is for us to feel obligated to maximize value by playing asap, even if you want to do something else, which turns into more playing time. Without it, there won't be an urge to play immediately and you would only play when you feel like it. That said, coupons expiring in 1~3 day is extreme and the minimum should be around a week, as then you have the option to play on weekends.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited January 2017
    This game has more expiring items than my overstuffed refrigerator.
    JettLuvsUUserRed
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    @Olue , that is why I suggested that they expire at the end of the event period (which is usually 1-2 months).
    And playing on weekends with this lag? You have got to be kidding.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited January 2017
    Olue
    Olue said:

The point of the expiration date is for us to feel obligated to maximize value by playing asap, even if you want to do something else, which turns into more playing time. Without it, there won't be an urge to play immediately and you would only play when you feel like it. That said, coupons expiring in 1~3 day is extreme and the minimum should be around a week, as then you have the option to play on weekends.
    Right now however our chance to supposedly maximize the value of the buffa actually minimizes due to the intense lag that happens throughout a 2x exp event.