[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

The Afterlands: a GRAVE mistake.

SeleianceSeleiance
Reactions: 930
edited January 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello.

After recently switching mains to Angelic Buster, I have played through the Afterlands, and it was mostly pretty fun. I do however have one minor complaint. One quest to get a key is set up in a way that is worded like a puzzle with one solution.
The player is given the choice between three tombstones.
-A Gold tombstone
-A Silver tombstone
-A Bronze tombstone
The game hints at it being a puzzle by referencing the Story of Axes (the player says they remember a story like the situation). Following that logic, I picked the bronze tombstone. As it turned out though, the choice has no actual effect on completing the quest, and all it does do is permanently changes the color of the tombstone that shows up when you die. I know many people are probably going to say something along the lines of "you should have looked up a guide and known this in advance: or something, but in all honesty, a feature like this shouldn't be something someone has to look up in advance, or at the very least, the effect should be announced ahead of time like in the Masteria Through Time blockbuster (where they decided to announce what items you got by picking a specific response to Doctor Jang's question).

While there is no changing that now, I suggest adding a followup quest for changing the tombstone again after completing the Afterlands. which could be called "A Grave Mistake". It could likely involve something simple like the other Afterlands daily quests such as gathering treasure piles from the Thieving Moustrosity mobs. I know it sounds a bit silly, but I sometimes get a bit OCD about making these kinds of "customization errors" on a main, especially if they're immutable, and I'm sure there are plenty of other people who would change their tombstones again if they could.
JettLuvsUAppleChanceryscholar624KlaraAisafaYinYangXMawg