[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New area in Korean Maple story test server, Arcana

IvangoldIvangold
Reactions: 2,985
edited February 2017 in Non-GMS Content Discussion
So it came, the music that is similar to the orchesta that they uploaded one or two weeks ago.

And the new area, i saw this Blaze Wizard doing the area seens cool.

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited February 2017
    new mobs and NPC's feel like they came from Princess Mononoke

also TFW 3 more arcane force symbols
    Nibbo
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    So let's talk about this a bit because it's pretty cool what's happening 6+ months from now:
    https://orangemushroom.net/2017/02/02/kmst-ver-1-2-046-arcana-fantastic-theme-park-renewal/

World map:
    arcane-river.png
    Area map:
    arcana.png
    Entrance via Lachelein (Mr. Fish is back!):
    lacheln-downstream-river.png

The area contains several new mobs, and the new boss, Corrupted Harmony Spirit:
    corrupted-harmony-spirit-move.gif

It looks like there's going to be a variety of new effects for the storyline:
    arcana-disappear-3.gif
    arcana-map-transfer.gif

It appears as though several maps may be aerial-battle based (similar to Sky Whale Mountain):
    20170202180849232_940200203.png

"But how am I supposed to beat Lachelein if I can't beat Lucid??"
    Good news! Story-mode Lucid!
    weakened-lucid.gif
    She drops nothing, but beating her will complete the questline.

But that's not all in this update, this update also includes a revamped Fantasy Theme Park:
    fantastic-theme-park.png
    It appears that your job in the questline will be to help an anima boy with squirrel ears confess...for the 101st time.
    past-1.png
    So looks like Chase and Rondo will have some new companions. Plus we finally get a male character that doesn't look stupid. I'm excited.
    Fennekin
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    So let's talk about this a bit because it's pretty cool what's happening 6+ months from now:
    https://orangemushroom.net/2017/02/02/kmst-ver-1-2-046-arcana-fantastic-theme-park-renewal/

"But how am I supposed to beat Lachelein if I can't beat Lucid??"
    Good news! Story-mode Lucid!
    weakened-lucid.gif
    She drops nothing, but beating her will complete the questline.

omfg yes. I finally get to have my epic final battle with Lucid.

Also really excited for Orchid. The orange mushroom guy says he's 99% sure that it's Orchid. I thought it coulda been either judging from that teaser image (why she gotta cover up the spot where her mole is supposed to be) but maybe KMS threw in a couple more hints at team Orchid?

• PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited February 2017
    That music. It could've easily come from the soundtrack of Kingdom Hearts. So pretty.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    The update is out in KMS now and it looks amazing.
    https://orangemushroom.net/2017/02/08/kms-ver-1-2-272-maplestory-beyond-arcana/

Opening trailer:

Spoilers!
    Ending animation:

Arkarium appears to have been revived in a very familiar floating castle. Looks a lot like Trueffet. Maybe this why the other half of the castle is floating above Kritias?
    upside-down-castle.png
    We might be looking at a forced Hekaton addition if it's actually Kritias.

And the mysterious hooded girl? Turns out it's not Orchid like some players were predicting.
    mysterious-girl-1.png
    But KMS players have pointed out that her eyes seem to have the symbol of Aurora in them, so she might be related to the Black Mage. Maybe she's a follower, or she could be like Luminous and oppose the Black Mage.
    mysterious-girl-2.png

Additionally, collecting the Arcana Symbol will unlock an additional 3 Arcane Symbol slots, meaning we'll probably get at least two new areas with new symbols, that's my guess.

In addition, the Spiegelmann trader event will be running again for those who enjoyed that during Heroes of Maple, along with KMS Valentines:
    sweet-valentines-day.jpg

Plus some minor bug fixes and other stuff I already mentioned.
    Fennekin
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Dang, so no Orchid. Maybe they're retconning Luminous to be a female now lmao.

Also liking how Arkarium's making an appearance. I always liked the Black Mage's commanders. All of them, not just Orchid and Lucid lol.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    Fennekin wrote: »

Also liking how Arkarium's making an appearance. I always liked the Black Mage's commanders. All of them, not just Orchid and Lucid lol.

she's off plotting with Guwaru, we probably won't be seeing her til the next area after arcana, maybe even the last area.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited February 2017
    Fennekin wrote: »

dont think they would be retconning one of the pillars that holds the Blackmage's story together, it might be another fragment of the White Mage though.