[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why do some higher lvl equips say negative damage?

Dark20Dark20
Reactions: 1,060
edited February 2017 in General Chat
Some of the higher lvl equips say for eg "-180 attack" instead of "+180 attack. Why? Isn't it supposed to a plus since it's a higher lvl equip? I found a blue dragon helm that looks pretty cool design wise on my kaiser in nlc aliens, but it says negative damage even though it's higher lvl than my kaiser, who is lvl 108.

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited February 2017
    higher level does not mean better damage, as the damage boost you get is dependent on if your current gear has been upgraded beyond the initial power of the higher level gear, i.e. Better potential, scrolled, stars or even better base stats.
    Dark20
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited February 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    higher level does not mean better damage, as the damage boost you get is dependent on if your current gear has been upgraded beyond the initial power of the higher level gear, i.e. Better potential, scrolled, stars or even better base stats.

Okay thanks! How common are 100% potential scrolls?
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited February 2017
    @Dark20
    Not that much, i sugest you see epic potential scroll, they can make your eqp go to epic and give a potential, so you can use master cube to try to get to unique, it's just better.
    Dark20
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Additionally, your lower-level gear may be part of an equipment set, which grants additional bonuses. Hover over your equipment in the equip window, or right click on the equip to view set effects.
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited February 2017
    Ivangold wrote: »
    @Dark20
    Not that much, i sugest you see epic potential scroll, they can make your eqp go to epic and give a potential, so you can use master cube to try to get to unique, it's just better.

Okay thanks! This is similar to the game HIT mobile also owned by nexon.