[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Nexon changing Donald

Comments

• BunizBuniz
    Reactions: 480
    edited February 2017
    I agree with you there riza. It is true we must unite and listen to each other, I may not agree with what you say or do but I can afford you respect and listen to what you say, we will never find common ground if we don't try and this applies to all issues. I think Nexon set a terrible example here for everyone, especially the younger more impressionable would be players. How childish this act was removing a NPC's name because of President Donald J. Trump, I wonder how Nexon thinks it makes everyone out there who would see that, with the action they took to "rid" the name of Donald the NPC, who also shares that name ? How many "kids" did you essentially say "your name sucks we're going to scrub it" to ? Yes, I agree thats a small petty way of seeing the issue but them doing this is the epitome of petty & childish. Sure shows us what we're dealing with when we deal with this company, makes me not want to ever spend another penny on it.. I just might do that. I've had about enough.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Truth? The truth is that having Donald who look much like Trump is a very touchy subject. Given he's no longer just a business man but PotUS, Maple world has to be neutral and so Donald has to be retired. He might return in 4-8 years but for now, it's a trigger. much like if MapleStory had a person named Brock that resembled Obama which would cause the republicans to go off on Nexon. this is just preemptive to keep the peace.

But if we had someone named brock in the game wouldnt he want jelly filled dougnuts that look like riceballs.
    JettLuvsU
  • CloudsofNiteCloudsofNite
    Reactions: 220
    edited February 2017
    This is just another example of political correctness one amok. If there had been a black character with the name Obama, they wouldn't have taken that character out of the game but they take out one named Donald. It's all just another move to satisfy a dozen or so whiners. Nexon's new motto must be not fixing bugs and fixing cosmetic items. Oh wait! That has been their motto for ages now.
    BunizZeldaOfHyrule
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    When they added him to the game he wasn't a political figure. I don't really know why they chose to put him in, but one theory is that he was known for firing people, and since he was put in instead of Duey who was summarily "retired", somebody on the game team must have thought it would be hilarious to make the new NPC resemble this colorful businessman. It wasn't a very good joke even then, and by now nobody would even think about it when they encounter him in-game. They'd just wonder, "Why is the President of the United States in this game, and as a mailman at that? Is Nexon trying to make some kind of political statement?"

Nexon would rather avoid those kinds of questions, and I don't blame them.

However, I don't understand why they needed to make this huge announcement over it. It's a minor NPC and they could just quietly remove him or change his name and/or appearance like they did to the Victoria Taxi and the El Nath storage NPC.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited February 2017
    Deathmobs wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    When they added him to the game he wasn't a political figure. I don't really know why they chose to put him in, but one theory is that he was known for firing people, and since he was put in instead of Duey who was summarily "retired", somebody on the game team must have thought it would be hilarious to make the new NPC resemble this colorful businessman. It wasn't a very good joke even then, and by now nobody would even think about it when they encounter him in-game. They'd just wonder, "Why is the President of the United States in this game, and as a mailman at that? Is Nexon trying to make some kind of political statement?"

Nexon would rather avoid those kinds of questions, and I don't blame them.

However, I don't understand why they needed to make this huge announcement over it. It's a minor NPC and they could just quietly remove him or change his name and/or appearance like they did to the Victoria Taxi and the El Nath storage NPC.

Both you and Nexon completely fail to comprehend the Streisand Effect.

That's why I made this thread is was just saying they said all they needed too when they remove him they were already net result with him in cause people didn't care now we know that if one group of people were to hate someone or something they will try to get rid of or hide what people hate it goes to show up what donald was talking about and that's why he's president cause people take things too far. If people weren't stuck up Thierry poo poo hole donald wud of never needed to run. Also if you research history in any country it shows you how people come into power this what nexon is doing is one example of it. But I wanna spread awareness so this won't divide us but unite us from "they"
  • FleaFlea
    Reactions: 920
    edited February 2017
    Seeing the posts made in this thread, I see why they decided to remove him.
    grass
This discussion has been closed.