[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Transferring NX between characters

CorruptedPhoenixCorruptedPhoenix
Reactions: 515
edited February 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I don't really think we should have to wait for an event for this, it should be a permanent feature offered on its own.

As someone who buys a lot of perm NX, and is guilty of switching jobs very often, I would like to be able to transfer the perm NX I buy on one character to another I shouldn't have to hope and or wait for Nexon to do an event which allows me to do so.

So my suggestion? Make the option to transfer NX between characters permanent or just do the event much more often like at least 1 week out of every month.
Even if the option doesn't get made a permanent one, doing the event much more often would work just as well, because if you miss it once you will at least know it will happen again soon. Unlike how it has been where we get maybe 1 or 2 a year.
  1. What is your opinion?8 votes
    1. Make the option to transfer NX between characters Permanent
       100% (8 votes)
    2. Do the NX transfer event more often
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Leave it as is and let Nexon decide when we get an NX transfer event.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I don't think there's a need for a poll. Obviously, all players would like to be able to move all their Cash items freely at all times.

As for Nexon.... they're slowly getting there.

Initially, there was only one Cash inventory per world per account, and all characters on the account could access it.

Then, in 2009, some greedy director at Nexon Korea came up with the brilliant idea of separate cash inventories, to force people to buy everything anew on their new Cygnus Knights. Mind you, at the time, there was nothing permanent in the GMS Cash Shop. All clothes and pet equipment (skills) expired in 90 days, so people had to buy them over and over again anyway. But Nexon still wanted people to buy all that stuff over and over again twice. (And then, when Aran came out, three times. And so on...)

Took them many years to start having Cash Inventory Transfer events. I believe the first one was in December 2014, with the release of Star Planet.

And now in 2016 they gave us "faction" Cash inventories, where classes belonging to the same group share their inventory.

Hopefully, it won't take too long before they decide to just unify all Cash inventories.

I believe they're doing it slowly because they fear that these changes will lose them money, since people will no longer have to buy things for each character separately.
    However, I think they are seeing that it doesn't lose them much income, if at all. Most sales of pets and NX covers go to people who already have plenty of them. Yes, there are players who only have the one perm pet and maybe one perm NX outfit, and use them for years. But there are also the "henehoes" who keep on buying stuff without having their arms twisted. They buy it just because they like the way it looks. And for them, knowing that they could use any item on any character will just encourage them to buy everything.
    So I have hope that Nexon will see that, and increase our ability to share cash items among our characters.